PDA

View Full Version : Installed new Tri-Axis handlebars on my RT - Few questions

jcthorne
11-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Spent about 6 hours Fri and Sat and installed my new Tri-Axis black handlebars (great price from amazon by the way). Posts and videos posted here were not kidding. A very involved install. But, got er done and learned a good deal about the innerds of the bike along the way. I like the new bars, going for a long ride today so may have some more opinions on them afterward.

I do have a question, would like to find a GPS mount to enable me to use my Garmin Nuvi 2797 that I already own on the bike. It does not look like the Can-Am mount will do this but its hard to tell from the photos around the web if Nuvi mount parts could be adapted to fit. Or are there other vendors that have decent mounts for the tri-axis handlebars?

I do not want anything screwed through the top of the dash. Needs to use brackets attaching to existing locations and would prefer the center of handlebar location below the ignition.

Ideas? Even if a ready made solution does not exist, perhaps some combo of parts could be adapted to work together and accomplish this.

NancysToy
11-03-2013, 11:41 AM
If you can find a RAM mount bracket for your GPS (try GPSCity.com) then this should do it. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?17876-Simple-RAM-Mount-for-the-RT

Magdave
11-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Take a look at the post Snoop did good

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?60009-Inexpensive-iPhone-holder-option&p=715550#post715550

Bob Denman
11-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I could be wrong... :shocked: But I think I saw a GPS mount in the BRP accessories catalog that was designed for the "Adjust-a-bars"...

jcthorne
11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I could be wrong... :shocked: But I think I saw a GPS mount in the BRP accessories catalog that was designed for the "Adjust-a-bars"... I saw that one but its specific to the Garmin that BRP sells, its not a ball mount that can use other adapters. At least from what I have been able to see in the VERY few photos of it on the net. Anyone have one of these that can chime it?

I am looking at the ram mounts that the others suggested above to see what I might make work.