PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest Hotel info and more about ''The Next Legacy''

Lamonster
11-02-2013, 08:13 PM
First the good stuff. This is only part of the info but we will be working on a page with all the details soon.

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

Click on logo for more info
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78532&d=1383437765 (http://www.lamplighternorth.com/)

This year we will have vendors space indoors and outdoors to accommodate for any unexpected weather. The main event will take place at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. More to come on this. http://www.ozarkempirefair.com/facilities/

So now you know a little about Spyderfest 2014 I'm going to give you some of the details about "The Next Legacy" and what that means. This was Len's name by the way if you love it or hate it. ;)

Len and I have been building a strong relationship for the last 5 years and I love him and his family like they were my own. Len is an incredible young man with more drive and determination than anyone I've ever met. His character is beyond reproach and I am proud to call him my friend and also my partner in a new venture we have a vision for.

We just signed papers for some land that we will be building "The Lamonster Garage" just 11 miles north of the Pit Bull shop. This 10 acre lot is where we will be building all Pit Bulls Spyders for the show room with some of his techs and the Lamonster techs to make sure that your first experience of Spyder ownership is a good one. We'll do custom builds also and have some service work done there. We'll also be a parts warehouse for all things Spyder and will direct ship from the warehouse. We are building an online store on SpyderLovers that you will be able to have a one stop shopping experience.

Our plans are to make The Lamonster Garage a Spyder hub where you can come and just hangout if you like and ride around the area. We're shooting for a Grand Opening at the time of Spyderfest but that may be a little ambitious.

I am more excited about this venture than any other I've done through the years. I had a mobile welding biz for 16 years in San Diego and for the last 14 years I've been working in the motorcycle industry designing parts and running club forums. I just sold that business and was looking to do something I really love with the rest of my life and Spyder and Spyder people is what I love and have a passion for and I can't think of a better person to do this with than Len from Pit Bull. I hope we can be a blessing to you all and serve you well. For sure we will make mistakes and screw up from time to time but we will make it right by all means possible if you just give us the chance. Look for great things in the future of all things Spyder. :doorag:

Cuffs19
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Awesome! Good luck with your new venture! I'm sure you two will make an outstanding team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mrfats
11-02-2013, 08:18 PM
that's exciting! Lamont, will you be moving from TN?

Thanks for all the information....

MarkLawson
11-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Is there a promo code or any special pricing with Lamplighter?

Lamonster
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
that's exciting! Lamont, will you be moving from TN?

Thanks for all the information....

Right now I'll be bouncing back and forth. Hate to leave this area. :doorag:

Lamonster
11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Is there a promo code or any special pricing with Lamplighter?

I would call it in and tell them Spyderfest.

SpyderNana
11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Dennis and I are so excited about the next legacy and Spyderfest 2014. So blessed to be associated with Len and his family, and looking forward to getting to know Lamont much better. It's an exciting time in the Spyder world. We're with you guys all the way!

2ndChildhood
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
I just made my reservation, tell them Spyderfest.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kevorama
11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
You betcha!! It's like peanut butter and chocolate! This will benefit all of the Spyder community. As a proud MOGANG member I can hardly wait for SF 2014. We are down here checking out the new venues. This will blow your mind this year. Anyone like ribs? More to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

pitbull
11-02-2013, 08:27 PM
To be in the shadow of the great Lamont and very humbling, it's also a dream come true for me, as a lot of you already know less than a year ago I took a giant leap of faith and started this new adventure, Lamont backed and father me all the way through, rolling the dice on a guy in the middle of mo was a big risk but he stayed with me.

The next legacy, is the adventure and partnership of a lifetime for me! Like Lamont said being part of this with him is an opportunity that I can believe is already coming true! Lamont is a gentlemen and my friend. Our goal is to do this with as much integrity and drive as possible to help add to and improve the industry. I'm beyond words right now with all of this and can't wait to see the future. Lamont has earned so much faith and trust to help him in any way is an honor.
Looking forward to spyderfest 2014 and the next legacy! Thank you Lamont and to all our spyderlovers family!!!

hill27
11-02-2013, 08:27 PM
wish you both all the best in your new venture.

FaranH
11-02-2013, 08:29 PM
:congrats:You both bring many strengths to this venture. I'm so excited to see your friendship grow into something you can build together. It'll be fun to watch, my friends!!

Phil
11-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I am super excited about BOTH pieces of news!! I visited the Springfield fairgrounds when I was at Pitbull last week. And I stayed next to the host hotel. Not that my opinion matters in the scheme of life or Spyderfest, but all of what Lamont announced will make SpyderFest 2014 off the charts!! And there is more to come!

Lamont- you hit it on the nose with Len. And Vanessa. They are an amazing couple and I applaud you for joining forces with them. I think the partnership will become a model for future dealers. I think of the great Carroll Shelby and what he did for the Mustang. I can see that same thing for Lamonster's Garage and CanAm Spyders, powered by Pitbull Powersports.

Reservation made.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

mrfats
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
When will we register for SpyderFest 2014?

my3gs
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Sweet!!:yes::yes: Cant wait!! SF will be are first anniversary!! Same as are wedding last year at SF we will have a blast we are sure of that!

lavaspyder
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
God speed in your new endeavor! We are all behind you!!

flamingobabe
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Congrats....on the new venture with each other...I'm there with y'all...excited for everyone

spyderbirds
11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Sounds like Springfield MO will be the hub of great things Spyder related for some time to come.

Congrats to both of ya, you two are like peas and carrots :joke:, we cant wait to see everyone at the fest 2014.

NancysToy
11-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Congratulations to all involved. Nancy and I wish you the very best in your new venture.

Pennyrick
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Lamont:

you mentioned selling your former business venture. I assume that was the motorcycle parts design area and not the websites.

i'd hate to think of someone else operating Spyderlovers.$

DJFaninTN
11-02-2013, 08:55 PM
WOW … that is some good news! Cannot wait because it will be our first one to attend. Hope to have an RT by then.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d0080647de4b95a9e04ed9034894b6b7/tumblr_msxkxkiikK1rjhjgno2_250.gif

Glider3J
11-02-2013, 08:55 PM
What great luck to log on this evening and see this thread. I have reserved a room at the host hotel for the whole event. Good luck to Len and Lamont on there new venture. This will the best Spyderfest yet. Now if I can just keep from buying another Spyderfes edition this year.

KAPike
11-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I couldn't be happy for the Len, Lamont and their families. I was impressed with their humbleness and the care shown to people they don't even know from the first time I met them.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

I have already made my reservations, I can't wait for April to get here. I've already sent an email to The Weather Channel to put in our request for clear and sunny skies.

Barlock
11-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Len and I have been building a strong relationship for the last 5 years and I love him and his family like they were my own. Len is an incredible young man with more drive and determination than anyone I've ever met. His character is beyond reproach and I am proud to call him my friend and also my partner in a new venture we have a vision for.
Our plans are to make The Lamonster Garage a Spyder hub where you can come and just hangout if you like and ride around the area. We're shooting for a Grand Opening at the time of Spyderfest but that may be a little ambitious.
I am more excited about this venture than any other I've done through the years. :doorag:

I'm new to the Spyderlovers family (joined only a month ago), but while reading through this forum I feel like I knew many of its members for a long time. As in any family there are many different characters here too, but Lamont seems to be the most respected here. I feel honored to be a part of this goup of Spyderlovers.
Good luck to you, gentlemen. I have no doubt you will influence many of our lives just because you care about your fellows human beings.

Magdave
11-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Good luck to you guys. I hope you can stock enough parts to help BRP shipping times decrease from 2 weeks. Would you work with other dealers on quick parts shipping?:thumbup:

MarkLawson
11-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Congratulations to all! Seems that the mid-US is becoming the place to go for the best of everything Spyder related. Pitbull, Lamont & SpyderPops. Even Faran makes that area special! God bless all of you!

Chupaca
11-02-2013, 09:01 PM
all the best to the organizers and those that make spyderfest what it has come to be... and know it will be great....always a step above the rest...!! :2thumbs:

samewok
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Made my reservation for the 28 thru the 4th of may. They also take pets for $10.00 a day.

Ivorspyder
:congrats: Wishing you and Len all the best and much success with your new venture.
ivor:spyder:

Hawk
Congratulations to all involved. Nancy and I wish you the very best in your new venture.
Whew, now I don't have to keep secrets :-) !! I look forward to being one of the first to get my Spyder built by Lamont and Len!!! I also want to wish you both good luck with this joint venture. I think nothing but good things can come from this.

La20614
11-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Congratulations to all parties involved! Thank you everyone for your hard work on getting Spyderfest 2014 off and running. Reservations made. Not staying at host hotel, but feel very good about hotel we will be staying at. Price was a little bit less and only a 10 miles away! :clap:

maliamd
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Sounds exciting! Wishing you and Len all the success in the world. You both deserve it!

Netminder
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Wishing you both great success in the new endeavour! Met Len when he installed my Elkas at SITA 2 summers ago. Anxious to meet Lamont! With two knowledgable lads like you guys, I am sure this will be fantastic for the Spyder world. Hope to make it to spyderfest one of these years!:thumbup::thumbup:

pwilbarger
11-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Now waiting for a call back. Poor James is inundated with calls!

Dar
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
:yes::yes::clap::thumbup::firstplace::ohyea::thumb up::clap::yes:

pwilbarger
11-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Congrats to you both on the new venture. I look forward to coming to your new shop and hanging out. No more farkles on my '10 RTS. Saving my pennies for a '15 LTD. See you in April.

(Unless the farkles are transferable to the '15.)

murphybrown
First congrats on the NEW LEGACY. What exciting times for all of us. Now as far as SF '14...room reservations MADE.:yes:

MarkLawson
Now waiting for a call back. Poor James is inundated with calls!

Me too, but I didn't have to wait too long.

LarBear4442
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
First the good stuff. This is only part of the info but we will be working on a page with all the details soon.

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78532&d=1383437765 (http://www.lamplighternorth.com/)

This year we will have vendors space indoors and outdoors to accommodate for any unexpected weather. The main event will take place at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. More to come on this. http://www.ozarkempirefair.com/facilities/

So now you know a little about Spyderfest 2014 I'm going to give you some of the details about "The Next Legacy" and what that means. This was Len's name by the way if you love it or hate it. ;)

We just signed papers for some land that we will be building "The Lamonster Garage" just 11 miles north of the Pit Bull shop. This 10 acre lot is where we will be building all Pit Bulls Spyders for the show room with some of his techs and the Lamonster techs to make sure that your first experience of Spyder ownership is a good one. We'll do custom builds also and have some service work done there. We'll also be a parts warehouse for all things Spyder and will direct ship from the warehouse. We are building an online store on SpyderLovers that you will be able to have a one stop shopping experience.

I am more excited about this venture than any other I've done through the years. I had a mobile welding biz for 16 years in San Diego and for the last 14 years I've been working in the motorcycle industry designing parts and running club forums. I just sold that business and was looking to do something I really love with the rest of my life and Spyder and Spyder people is what I love and have a passion for and I can't think of a better person to do this with than Len from Pit Bull. I hope we can be a blessing to you all and serve you well. For sure we will make mistakes and screw up from time to time but we will make it right by all means possible if you just give us the chance. Look for great things in the future of all things Spyder. :doorag:
Just Booked at Lamplighter Inn……..tell them Spyder Fest……$74.95 per night rate

SteveMac
11-02-2013, 09:33 PM
ConnieMac and I wish you both the very best on this new adventure and we look forward to visiting you this coming Spring!

You guys are a great team and BRP would do themselves a favor by watching, to see how you do things!

I feel that I know Len pretty well, and think of him as I would a little brother. He knows that already.

I also know Len has always had a great admiration for Lamont (as do many of us :thumbup:).

While I haven't spent quite as much time with Lamont, I do think that I know the type of man he is, and that is a straight shooting and sincere guy that I am honored to count among my friends.

You guys will/do make an amazing team and we all look forward to seeing what the future holds for you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :2thumbs: :doorag: :2thumbs:

G-Man
11-02-2013, 09:34 PM
We wish you both the best in your new venture/legacy. I am confident it will be a great success. Best of luck to you both! :doorag:

Tango
11-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Congadulations. Best of luck to the both of you. This sounds like a very exciting time in you lives! :thumbup: Just wish you were closer to the N/E. :spyder2: Tom :trike:

Spyder601
11-02-2013, 09:43 PM
This sounds very exciting! I love the idea of a spyder parts and accessories warehouse. I like spending my money at one place haha

BumbleBee
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
WOW!!!! Congrats and best of luck for your new venture, wtg :thumbup:

hotglue
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
All the Best to Y'all! Both of you are folks of high integrity , and will do well in this endeavor. Proud to know ya! We are booked! see ya in April/May!!!!!!! Can't wait!

sealfloorboards
11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
My very best to you both. It's been my privilege to have been a part of SpiderFest from the very beginning. I can't wait for the Next Legacy. I have no doubt that you will both bring a huge plate to the table. The best, the best, the best.

Ride in comfort,
John
sealfloorboards.com

Shewhoprays
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Dennis and I had a great time with the Mogang group today. We always enjoy getting together, laughing, sharing stories, and of course begin the process of planning for Spyderfest. Great times are ahead. Congrats
to Lamont and Len. You guys ROCK. Wishing you God's blessings as you move forward. bj

SpyderLady
11-02-2013, 10:24 PM
What great news. Sorry I was not at the meeting so I could give you both thumbs up in person. I know you both and know this will be a great success. So thrilled for both of you.

LJspydee
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Reservations made! Are we excited?!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

kevorama
11-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Vendor village will be indoors or out as weather predicts. Here is a pic of the indoor venue. Large enough to put the Spruce Goose and a state fair at the same time,

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/ynuga7y4.jpg

Just wait until you see the rest!!!

hotglue
11-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Kevorama.... that place looks big enough for a Fireworks show!!!!!:yes::ohyea::clap:

pwilbarger
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Okay James at Lamplighter just called back and I have my room reserved. Now I just have to endure the winter of waiting.

Spyder Phyl

Jeriatric
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Congrats to all involved!

No doubt this announcement and it's impact on everything Spyder will one day be looked back on as a keystone moment.

One day, we'll all be saying. "Remember when"......

Wishing you all the best:thumbup:

RAYYOU
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Congrats to you both. I'm sure this will be a success,. From what I have seen, everything you two do is first class. I think this will be a blessing to the Spyder world.

pitbull
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
It's a good thing time rolls back tonight... Cause I can't sleep!!!
signing papers on the new land with Lamont and the whole gang present was epic! I can't hardly wait to see this next legacy unfold with all of you supporting us and being there to be part of this. Thank you guys so much, humbling more than anything.

Spacetrucker
11-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Now this is going to be really great team.this year will be a really big party. So thanks to all for this great time that is come our way soon. Party time . See you all soon......

Big Arm
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I and my wife want to wish you both the very best and we know you both like family. I'm so glad that you two are doing this for us. I've been to every Spyderfest since the beginning, and it just keeps getting better. Again, we wish you and your families the very best.

Jaybird
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Congratulations on your venture! Glad to hear spyderfest and service close to home, about 240miles.
Jarbird

DeeSpyder
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Booked my room, looking forward to SpyderFest 2014.

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

kevorama
11-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Here's a pic of Len showing the GANG the view from the stands. This will be a great place to hold our "games". Nothing like a 1,000+ ppl watching you ride in reverse around a field of cones.

We are standing on mount Olympus. The future site of the new venture.

This will be Lamont's view from the downhill side of the front of the new Lamonster Garage.

This will complete a great triangle of sites for all to see.

LLSailor
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Is it April yet?

kevorama
11-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Crap. It's hard to send pics from an iPad!!!

SteveMac
11-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Crap. It's hard to send pics from an iPad!!!

I'd say so. Those pics all look the same! :joke:

pitbull
11-03-2013, 12:03 AM
This is the best day! And it lasts an extra hour!!!

kevorama
11-03-2013, 12:06 AM
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/kevorama1/image_zpse8a4259c.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/kevorama1/media/image_zpse8a4259c.jpg.html)

SteveMac
11-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Is it my twisted sense of humor or does anyone else find it funny that all this posting is going on while Bob Denman is tucked into bed snoring?

66 posts and we haven't heard from Denman! :roflblack:

Sorry Bob. :p

OldCowboy
11-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Reservations made!! :yes::yes:

This announcement just blew my mind. In fact the Better Half and I were talking last night about how much larger the '14 Spyderfest might be and where you would hold it. Certainly, the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds has the room, not only for next year, but for expansion in the future.

But what really blows my mind is The Next Legacy. I've really been concerned about the Pit Bull dealership. Not that it's not the standard by which all others are rated (which it is), but by the fact that Len really underestimated his potential success. I understand he made a huge leap of faith and believe me, I would not have built a mega-center either if I were in his shoes. But the success he has had is starting to be overshadowed by his facility size.

Lamont, I am absolutely delighted you and Len have undertaken this project. Eleven acres allows you to start modestly and then expand as the business climate allows. I also believe, with the exception of manufacturing, Pit Bull, The Next Legacy, and Spyderfest is going to make Springfield the center of the Spyder World. As we know, the customer's experience with their Spyder starts with the dealer and no one builds them better Len and Lamont.

Lamont and Len are two exceptional gentlemen who absolutely set the standard for customer service. I really understand why people come from around North America to buy their Spyders from Len and the partnership with Lamont's Garage can only make things better.

Congratulations, Len and Lamont! This should prove to be a fruitful and beneficial partnership. What a match!

willey
11-03-2013, 12:32 AM
just made our reservations.will be our first time.

StanTheMan
11-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Congratulations to Lamont, Len and team on finding your niche. Best of luck!

StanTheMan

SpyderAnn01
11-03-2013, 01:14 AM
:clap:

GloryRyders
11-03-2013, 05:58 AM
:clap::clap:CONGRADULATIONS:clap::clap: May this partnership be rewarding for the two of you and the whole Spyder community! We will be looking forward to the "Grand Opening"!:yes::yes:

Wiredux
11-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Congratulations Len and Lamont! No one deserves this as much as you too. I look forward to seeing both of you at Spyderfest if not before.:doorag:

currin20fan
11-03-2013, 06:41 AM
:shocked: WOW!!! What a great adventure for you both. I'm sure we all will be waiting to see what you two come up with in the spyder world. I can't really think of any two people I would like to see work together. Questions, questions, questions.........I guess we all will have to be patient. You know, like Lamont's BBQ, etc. etc.:yes: And I just can't imagine Lamont leaving TN.

Good luck you two! :coffee:

Mo Lee
11-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Congrats to both family's! Lamonster Garage sounds like a great idea, I also think the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds is the best and really the only choice for this monster we all call Spyderfest. The fairgrounds host several events every year to include many automotive events and should be large enough to handle Spyderfest for many years to come. One event I like to attend (automotive swap meet) is held in Aug and it takes 4-5 hours just to walk through and glance at the vendors, just to give you an idea of the space available. Lets just hope Ricky was able to negotiate a good rental fee.

Don in E Texas
11-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Booked my room, looking forward to SpyderFest 2014.
..your first post - - welcome to the best Spyder on-line community.

Also have made our reservations at the Lamplighter -- will be the first "Gathering of the Clan" for us.

mindman
11-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Great news on Spyderfest and your new business venture! We need some time to figure out if we can make it over there this year, but if it's in any way possible, we'll be there. Since we're in CT., the trip should be a great (and hopefully successful) test of the new white 2014 RT-Limited we expect delivery on in Feb or March.

We're also looking forward to the online store, and being some of your inaugural customers!
All The Best!
Bob & Pat

Larry rt
11-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Just made my reservations ! Rooms going fast ! Standard room $74.95 , upgrade room , reprinted new furniture $84.95 . Suggest everyone book fast or look for another hotel ):

packbuckbrew
11-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Congratulations to Lamonster and Pitbull on the new venture! I am sure it will be a great success! I have a conflict the weekend of Spyderfest, but I will be there in spirit! Perhaps I will run down to MO the weekend before to see the new digs. Good luck to both of you and I look forward to seeing this new business grow.

Biosafena
11-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I just looked at the info on the fairgrounds and see that they offer camping to "staff, vendors, etc.". Does anyone know if they will allow regular attendees to rent these spots? And it also says that they do not take reservations. Is this just for the actual Fair, or all events at the fairgrounds. Just trying to get a jump on the accommodation planning portion of my trip. Thanks to anyone who has knowledge of this. :)

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

pwilbarger
11-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I just informed my wife about the date change and my reservations being made. As it turns out she can come along this time.😃😃😃 That will add a couple extra days of travel time and a stop in St. Louis for shopping but I am very happy she can come along this spring. But that does also mean she won't be going to Wing Ding with me and our Gold Wing chapter in July.😢😢😢

Spyder Phyl

OldDog
11-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on your new business venture! I wish you and Len all the best. I see this as a VERY positive step forward for the Can AM Spyder, Spyderlovers and the whole Spyder community. :clap::yes::yes::yes: :D

Bob Denman
11-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Is it my twisted sense of humor or does anyone else find it funny that all this posting is going on while Bob Denman is tucked into bed snoring?

66 posts and we haven't heard from Denman! :roflblack:

Sorry Bob. :p

:opps: Gee... I take ONE night off to watch a movie with the Missus, and look what happens! :gaah:

Seriously... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_211.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif

The best of luck in this new and exciting adventure... Now; It's PARTY TIME!! :yes::ohyea::dg2::dg1::bbq::chat::cheers:

srwilli
11-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the new relationship. I have not yet met either, but am looking forward to meeting both and all the great Spyder owners on this forum. I made reservations at the Hampton Inn which is only a 1/4 from the Spyderfest hotel.

nonseven
11-03-2013, 09:09 AM
I see the makings of a reality TV show!

Jeriatric
11-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I see the makings of a reality TV show!

Great idea. :thumbup: And one BRP should help them pursue.

bruiser
11-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I had a feeling something big was afoot with some rumblings along the pipeline. But I didn't realize it was this big. I believe this will be the model that all other dealerships will have to go by. Sure there will be some growing pains, but this team will be able to work it out. Best wishes to Lamont and Len.

Tried to get reservations at the motel. None available. But we know there are lots more motels available.

Biosafena
11-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Bump.

I just looked at the info on the fairgrounds and see that they offer camping to &quot;staff, vendors, etc.&quot;. Does anyone know if they will allow regular attendees to rent these spots? And it also says that they do not take reservations. Is this just for the actual Fair, or all events at the fairgrounds. Just trying to get a jump on the accommodation planning portion of my trip. Thanks to anyone who has knowledge of this. :)<br />
<br />
<br />

mac spyder
11-03-2013, 09:48 AM
There are two other hotels that are within walking distance of the host hotel. They are Candlewood and a Hampton Inn. They are all on the same side of Glenstone and are intertwined with a Cracker Barrel and 24 hour Steak & Shake. Use Spyderfest at these locations also. Can't wait until April!:yes:

SteveMac
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
There are two other hotels that are within walking distance of the host hotel. They are Candlewood and a Hampton Inn. They are all on the same side of Glenstone and are intertwined with a Cracker Barrel and 24 hour Steak & Shake. Use Spyderfest at these locations also. Can't wait until April!:yes:

:agree:

We are booked at Candlewood and looking forward to a relaxing weekend seeing old friends and making new ones.

Lamonster
11-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Bump.

I just looked at the info on the fairgrounds and see that they offer camping to &quot;staff, vendors, etc.&quot;. Does anyone know if they will allow regular attendees to rent these spots? And it also says that they do not take reservations. Is this just for the actual Fair, or all events at the fairgrounds. Just trying to get a jump on the accommodation planning portion of my trip. Thanks to anyone who has knowledge of this. :)<br />
<br />
<br />

I'm not sure, you might want to give them a call or I'll see if Len knows.

grannyspyderrider
11-03-2013, 10:01 AM
:congrats: I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Spyder lovers in the Greeneville area. I am a new rider and hope to meet and rider with you all.
The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

I am more excited about this venture than any other I've done through the years. I had a mobile welding biz for 16 years in San Diego and for the last 14 years I've been working in the motorcycle industry designing parts and running club forums. I just sold that business and was looking to do something I really love with the rest of my life and Spyder and Spyder people is what I love and have a passion for and I can't think of a better person to do this with than Len from Pit Bull. I hope we can be a blessing to you all and serve you well. For sure we will make mistakes and screw up from time to time but we will make it right by all means possible if you just give us the chance. Look for great things in the future of all things Spyder. :doorag:[/QUOTE]

ingramsail
11-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Congratulations on your new business venture! Looking forward to a dry Spyderfest and lot of fun. Rooms going fast, got our last night.

spyder-dude
11-03-2013, 10:06 AM
We just booked our hotel room and looking forward to another great event. Congrats to Lamont and Len on your future venture! I think it is going to be great! :thumbup:

StillKickin
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Wow! Exciting times to come, can't wait to see what unfolds. You da man, keep the spirit. Cya at SF :clap:

retired1
11-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I just made my reservation at the host hotel. The attendant told me that the block of rooms reserved for Spyderfest, along with the special rate etc., can only be accessed by contacting the motel directly.:dontknow:
417-869-3900

Diamond R
11-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Lamont/Len

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your new venture. This is going to be huge, not only for you as a business but there is no limit for what you two guys can do for the Spyder community. We don't think anyone could have picked two better people to join together to make this happen.
Dedication + Determination + the love you guys have for each other and our Spyder community can only = SUCCESS. Looking forward to another great year.

enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti

frenchek
11-03-2013, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Biosafena;715969]I just looked at the info on the fairgrounds and see that they offer camping to "staff, vendors, etc.". Does anyone know if they will allow regular attendees to rent these spots? And it also says that they do not take reservations. Is this just for the actual Fair, or all events at the fairgrounds. Just trying to get a jump on the accommodation planning portion of my trip. Thanks to anyone who has knowledge of this. :)

KOA campground at springfeild--about 8 miles from fairgrounds-------see you there !!!!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

AutumnCat
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Tried to book at the Hampton on Glenstone with Spyderfest room rate - they have never heard of Spyderfest and don't have the event rate.

RAYYOU
11-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Room booked this morning at host hotel.

R FUN
11-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Great news, have met you both several times and had dealings with Len several times, could not find better folks. All the best and success in the 'NEXT LEGASY" to both of you. Will see you again this year at spyderfest. Congratulations from Canada.
Roger

tajohn
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Lamont/Len,
Congrats on your new Venture…and Adventure!!!!!

retread
11-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Reservations made, now for registrations!

john

KatieB
11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Congrats on the new shop! The hubby and I will be there for Spyderfest 2014! I booked the hotel this morning. There were only a half dozen rooms left at Lamplighter.

ARtraveler
11-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Thank you for the announcement. It sounds like all good stuff with the new shop. Wishing you the best in your new endeavors. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::yes::yes::yes:

lavaspyder
11-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Got my reservations at the KOA. Can't wait to get through our Northeast Ohio snow season (which feels like it lasts for 9 months) and get back out on the road with the RV and Spyder. See ya'll there!

bbodah
11-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Congratulations Len And Lamont!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SMAUG
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Called the Lamplighter, they took a phone number and said they will be calling back tomorrow to make reservations

SpyderDeb
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
:clap:Congratulations Lamont & Len on "The Next Legacy"!!!!!!!!:clap: Wayne and I wish you the best!! The two of you will make a great team!!! :firstplace: Hotel is booked, see you at Spyderfest!! :yes:

Questions
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
:clap:Awesome news!

ScottnDawn

OldDog
11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
These two will set the bar for Spyder dealerships. A Spyder "touched" by them will be reliable and put together right. This will spell good things for the Spyder community. BRP should observe their operation and raise the cross the board service requirements for dealerships. Then the issue of the "BAD DEALER" will fade away.

Being a US parts hub will be great too!! :thumbup::clap:

I think Spyderlovers want the Spyder to be the world class standard in touring. The community is enthusiastic, and determined to get there. The people on this forum are passionate about this machine. I don't think any sensible person would argue that for the money these things cost they shouldn't be rock solid reliable,plush, and well engineered. I think it's only going to get better. :yes::yes::yes:

tthuss
11-03-2013, 04:56 PM
With the host hotel all booked up, are there any recommendations for other places to stay that are in the same area? I saw that someone suggested the Hampton Inn but I saw that there were two of them near the host hotel, so not sure which one I should try. This will be my first Spyderfest, so I am looking forward to see what it is all about.

SteveMac
11-03-2013, 05:03 PM
With the host hotel all booked up, are there any recommendations for other places to stay that are in the same area? I saw that someone suggested the Hampton Inn but I saw that there were two of them near the host hotel, so not sure which one I should try. This will be my first Spyderfest, so I am looking forward to see what it is all about.

you might try the Candlewood. It has an adjoining parking lot.

http://www.candlewoodsuites.com/hotels/us/en/springfield/sgfgs/hoteldetail?qDest=Springfield%2C+MO%2C+United+Stat es&qAdlt=1&qChld=0&qRms=1&qIta=99504425&qPSt=0&qSmP=3&qWch=0&qSHp=1&qBrs=cw&qSrt=BRAND_SORT&qRad=15&qRdU=1&qRpp=25&qRRSrt=rt&qLat=37.2153&qLng=-93.2981&qFRA=1&srb_u=1

papoandma
11-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Congratulations on your new venture. With the knowledge you two have I have no doubt about its success. It will be great for all things SPYDER. See you all at SF14.:yes::clap::cheers:

Dennis and Marilyn

JkRbbt
11-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Congratulations and best wishes to all! A one-two punch like Len and Lamont might cause others around the country to have to up their game! We can only hope!! I'd love to see Spyder be the standard by which 3-wheel vehicles are measured and folks like this can make that happen! Go, guys! :thumbup:

SpyderNana
11-03-2013, 05:42 PM
There are two other hotels that join the Lamplighter Inn. The Candlewood Inn and Suites and the Hampton Inn. Please make sure that you are reserving for the hotels on North Glenstone to be in the middle of all the action. There are also two restaurants, one on either side of the hotel, for late night snacking.

I had a feeling something big was afoot with some rumblings along the pipeline. But I didn't realize it was this big. I believe this will be the model that all other dealerships will have to go by. Sure there will be some growing pains, but this team will be able to work it out. Best wishes to Lamont and Len.

Tried to get reservations at the motel. None available. But we know there are lots more motels available.

Boots
11-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I couldn't be happy for the Len, Lamont and their families. I was impressed with their humbleness and the care shown to people they don't even know from the first time I met them.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

I have already made my reservations, I can't wait for April to get here. I've already sent an email to The Weather Channel to put in our request for clear and sunny skies.

Are you bringing your wife to Spyderfest 2014 or do I have to be your one arm girlfriend ? LOL

venom
11-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Congratulations best to you guy's will see you at the fest

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

bruiser
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Looks like we'll be staying at the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Bruisersbaby called this evening to book the room. We have the room but the clerk told her to call back tomorrow to get Spyderfest rate. She (the clerk) said that the owner of the Candlewood owns several other motels in the area and wants to have the same rates for all of them for Spyderfest.

pitbull
11-03-2013, 08:32 PM
They are working really well with and for us.
They do own several other hotels in the area, only we really want to try to keep as many folks close together as possible, only so folks have more fun and get to hang out together.
The very first Spyderfest night was in a hotel parking lot, where someone gave Lamont a stuffed coon. The legacy has grown so much since then.
Can't wait for 2014 and The next legacy

Lamonster
11-03-2013, 08:58 PM
They are working really well with and for us.
They do own several other hotels in the area, only we really want to try to keep as many folks close together as possible, only so folks have more fun and get to hang out together.
The very first Spyderfest night was in a hotel parking lot, where someone gave Lamont a stuffed coon. The legacy has grown so much since then.
Can't wait for 2014 and The next legacy

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21709&d=1271462552

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21707&d=1271462552

Rid'nrandy
11-03-2013, 09:05 PM
We have not attended Spyderfest before. I booked the hotel, what else do we need to do besides arrive?:opps:

Bumblebee67
11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
We'll, I just called The Hampton Inn just down the road and they WILL NOT be offering a discounted price for SpyderFest. :mad: :banghead: The lowest price they have is 109 a night.

SteveMac
11-03-2013, 09:22 PM
We'll, I just called The Hampton Inn just down the road and they WILL NOT be offering a discounted price for SpyderFest. :mad::banghead: The lowest price they have is 109 a night.

It was also $109 at Candlewood, but for a King bed. The queens were $79 I think. But the extra $ for a King is worth it to me. My wife and I both rest better and that is a small price to be refreshed for all the activities and visiting to be done every day!

edit: But I am still going to call them tomorrow to see if we can squeeze a discount. Worth a try!

Phil
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
We have not attended Spyderfest before. I booked the hotel, what else do we need to do besides arrive?:opps:

Rid (or Randy)-
Keep watching here. In a few days I'm sure you'll be seeing more details on what to do. There will be a registration web site to register that you're coming, etc. Later, there will be a schedule of events, lists of places to eat, events to see, and loads more. Hang in there and trust that there will be loads more coming your way!

LLSailor
11-03-2013, 09:30 PM
There should be an announcement of when registration for Spyderfest is open.

pitbull
11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
It was also $109 at Candlewood, but for a King bed. The queens were $79 I think. But the extra $ for a King is worth it to me. My wife and I both rest better and that is a small price to be refreshed for all the activities and visiting to be done every day!

edit: But I am still going to call them tomorrow to see if we can squeeze a discount. Worth a try!

I'll be at both hotels tomorrow. With the Springfield torrism board backing us up. I bet we get them to give us the better rate then.

pitbull
11-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Rid (or Randy)-
Keep watching here. In a few days I'm sure you'll be seeing more details on what to do. There will be a registration web site to register that you're coming, etc. Later, there will be a schedule of events, lists of places to eat, events to see, and loads more. Hang in there and trust that there will be loads more coming your way!

There should be an announcement of when registration for Spyderfest is open.

We will do our best to keep you all informed on registration, along with how the event will be layed out and the complete schedule of events.

pitbull
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21709&d=1271462552

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21707&d=1271462552
that sure seems like a lifetime ago.
Thanks a lot for that Lamont.

Bumblebee67
11-03-2013, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=SteveMac;716176]you might try the Candlewood. It has an adjoining parking lot.

I just called Candlewood and they said they are NOT booking any rooms for these dates TILL tomorrow at 11:00. They are negotiating a SpyderFest price... :yes:

RidersInChrist
11-03-2013, 09:59 PM

.....Congrats lamont on ur new business jump..it takes faith stepping out and believing what u do best..I say it will be an honor to have to starting a new business and giving us spyder ryders a great central hub to count on to get something fixed or just to buy something new.i will put u and ur business in our riders prayer request so that u will guardian angels around u as u go back and forth.
Chuck

G-Man
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
that sure seems like a lifetime ago.
Thanks a lot for that Lamont.

Great times had by all. :doorag:

Big Arm
11-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Great times had by all. :doorag:

:agree: and they just keep getting better each yr. :bowdown:Thanks to all the MO Gang for all their help.
:bowdown:

GuitarPlayer
11-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I went ahead and made reservations at the Hampton Inn. The rate wasn't all that bad, ~$800 for 7 nights, King bed.

This will be our first Spyderfest! I've been reading the stories of how much fun it is and we can't wait!

Tony

Kratos
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Awesome! :firstplace:

BeeYellow58
11-04-2013, 09:47 AM

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

Thank you and God Bless you both. Pray that you will have an awesome business. Hope that we can make it to our first Spyderfest!!!:bowdown::yes::clap:

Bumblebee67
11-04-2013, 12:05 PM
The Candlewood Inn is now taking reservations for SpyderFest. For a queen suite is 89.00 +tax. Just booked mine...:yes:

bruiser
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Kris just called back to the Candlewood as she was told last night. The Spyderfest rate went up. Last night she was told $74 and change for a queen bed. When she called back today she was told it would be 89.90 for the Spyderfest rate. She told the guy what they told her last night. He said that rate was for the other motels they own but not the Candlewood. However, he gave her the lower rate anyway because of what the night auditor told her. That was good of them to do that.

Bumblebee67
11-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Kris just called back to the Candlewood as she was told last night. The Spyderfest rate went up. Last night she was told $74 and change for a queen bed. When she called back today she was told it would be 89.90 for the Spyderfest rate. She told the guy what they told her last night. He said that rate was for the other motels they own but not the Candlewood. However, he gave her the lower rate anyway because of what the night auditor told her. That was good of them to do that.

Well I was in exactly the same boat as ya'll about the 74 dollar quote last nite. I just called Candlewood back and NO-GO with getting mine changed back to the originally quoted price of 74. :mad: BTW-they only have 20 rooms blocked off for us as of now....

PrairieSpyder
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I booked at the Best Western Plus, across from the Lamplighter at $74/night, Tue 4/29 till Mon 5/4. The room includes fridge, microwave, coffee, and breakfast in the lobby.

BW+ is one of the hotels the Lamplighter referred me to since they're booked up. The other was the EconoLodge. They both have Spyderfest rates.

Can't wait! Can't wait! :yes:

Phil
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
The Lamplighter Inn & Suites will be changing it's name during Spyderfest 2014 to:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/CorporateGreen/Spyderfest%202014/LampLighter.jpg

(...it's a joke people....)

Bumblebee67
11-04-2013, 04:12 PM
:yes: WOO - HOO :yes:Just recieved a call from The General Manager himself apoligizing for the mix-up from last night to this morning. He gave me the 74.00 quote from last night. Very Generous of him I thought. Now I got me some extra spendin moola.... :thumbup:

Lamonster
11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
The Lamplighter Inn & Suites will be changing it's name during Spyderfest 2014 to:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/CorporateGreen/Spyderfest%202014/LampLighter.jpg

:roflblack::clap::bowdown::firstplace:

hill27
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
booked a room at Bestwestern plus, Lamplighter fill up now I have to do sit back and wait.:ohyea:

SMAUG
11-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Booked at Best Western Tues 4/29 - Sun 5/4 :clap:

Joanie
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Phil, that is good!!!!

Bob Denman
11-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Joanie...
:lecturef_smilie: Don't forget about that dance that you owe me... :lecturef_smilie: :D

Ex-Rocket
11-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm booked at the Best Western April 30 - May 4. Rooms are going fast. Come on Spring.

jwulf74
11-04-2013, 10:14 PM
What time will things get rolling on the 30th? Should we come in on the 29th or by say noon on the 30th??

dick574
11-04-2013, 10:14 PM

The one you would want is on N. Glenstone.

Phil
11-04-2013, 10:30 PM
What time will things get rolling on the 30th? Should we come in on the 29th or by say noon on the 30th??
I'm not an expert, other than attending 3 SF events. But I can tell you that people will start arriving on the 26th! I can also tell you that typically it's not a huge deal if you miss any single thing at the beginning (other than wanting to be there for everything). Pitbull, MOGang and the others that put the schedule together understand that with people ryding in, they schedule multiple big group events. So, if you miss one... There are many more.

FaranH
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm not an expert, other than attending 3 SF events. But I can tell you that people will start arriving on the 26th! I can also tell you that typically it's not a huge deal if you miss any single thing at the beginning (other than wanting to be there for everything). Pitbull, MOGang and the others that put the schedule together understand that with people ryding in, they schedule multiple big group events. So, if you miss one... There are many more.

If I could just toss this out there to think about (as an organizer of events on a much smaller scale than Spyderfest)...If you plan on showing up early and hanging out, please ask how you can help and plan on rolling your sleeves up to pitch in. nojoke Or plan on just stopping to say hi and then go enjoy the surrounding roads and nearby Branson until SF starts.

Len, Vanessa, Lamont and the MOGang will have their hands unbelievably full the last week before SF and it's very hard to entertain early arrivers and work non-stop at the same time. And these guys will always err on the side of being hospitable.

Just imagine throwing a dinner party for 20 people that starts at 6:00pm, but several guests show up at noon and want to just chat! All the while there is still food to prepare, house cleaning to be done and the other last minute preparations to be done. I'd be major stressed to get the preparation done for the other guests and still make my early friends feel welcome!

No, they did not ask me to post this. I've just seen it happen and know that well-meaning, excited visitors can still make things harder and never realize it. There have always been early arrivers who do work and I know they've been appreciated. :D

Cruzr Joe
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
If I could just toss this out there to think about (as an organizer of events on a much smaller scale than Spyderfest)...If you plan on showing up early and hanging out, please ask how you can help and plan on rolling your sleeves up to pitch in. nojoke Or plan on just stopping to say hi and then go enjoy the surrounding roads and nearby Branson until SF starts.

Len, Vanessa, Lamont and the MOGang will have their hands unbelievably full the last week before SF and it's very hard to entertain early arrivers and work non-stop at the same time. And these guys will always err on the side of being hospitable.

Just imagine throwing a dinner party for 20 people that started at 6:00pm, but several guests show up at noon and want to just chat! All the while there is still food to prepare, house cleaning to be done and the other last minute preparations to be done. I'd be major stressed to get the preparation done for the other guests and still make my early friends feel welcome!

No, they did not ask me to post this. I've just seen it happen and know that well-meaning, excited visitors can still make things harder and never realize it. There have always been early arrivers who do work and I know they've been appreciated. :D

Hey ..... What is this "WORK" thing that you speak of???

Cruzr Joe

GloryRyders
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Cruzr Joe

Joe, come early and you will find out!:roflblack:

Ivorspyder
11-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Cruzr Joe
Joe we need to have a talk.This retirement thing is really throwing you off balance. Lol:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ivor:spyder:

Tuffguy1509
11-05-2013, 11:23 AM
WOW great news cant wait

murphybrown
11-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Agree Faran and as one of those early arrivals, with rolled sleeves, that is one of the highlights of SF....I have really connected with some awesome people and I get to see what it reallllllly takes to pull of something as awesome as Spyderfest.....wahoo bring it on...I'm getting READY...:yes::yes:

FaranH
11-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Agree Faran and as one of those early arrivals, with rolled sleeves, that is one of the highlights of SF....I have really connected with some awesome people and I get to see what it reallllllly takes to pull of something as awesome as Spyderfest.....wahoo bring it on...I'm getting READY...:yes::yes:

:D You were the EXACT person I was thinking of when I said that some people who arrive early, arrive early to work. You really do get to know people when you work side-by-side. And I know your smiling face is appreciated, Karyl!

webweaver
11-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Just booked at Quality Inn at 75.00 per night thru Hotel.com. They are across the street from the Lamplighter. They have a few rooms left. Penny:ani29:

napper39
11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
ill be at the motel 6 2655 north glen stone 97dollars for two nights friday&sat thats the senear rate 60 and over phone is 417-831-2100 ill see you all there:sour::2thumbs::sour:

2ndChildhood
11-05-2013, 04:42 PM

Cruzr Joe

WORK, Thats a four letter word! There I go again making trouble.

SpyderFest '14 - Be Safe
ToM

Bob Denman
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
"Work"?? :shocked:
I love it! I could watch somebody work; all day long! :popcorn: :2thumbs: :roflblack:

JXVolker
11-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Just booked at Quality Inn at 75.00 per night thru Hotel.com. They are across the street from the Lamplighter. They have a few rooms left. Penny:ani29:

Same here using Hotel.com. Can't wait!

Barbwire
11-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Congrats to you both what an exciting venture.

Eagle Eye
11-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Spyderfest Website for 2014 - when will it be updated? Thanks:chat:

The dates.
April 30th to May 4th.

Host Hotel
Lamplighter Inn & Suites

SPYD3R
11-24-2013, 09:25 AM
BEST WISHES with you new venture...
and if there is anything i can help with, please call...
as a retired engineer who has designed, built, repaired and trouble-shot gas turbines; aka: jet engines, and necessary tooling, i just may be able to help if you run into a situation....

Yazz
11-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Spyderfest Website for 2014 - when will it be updated? Thanks:chat:

Historically, Len and the MOGang slowly add updates one at a time.

Hope they have the drag races again this year. :yes:

Dragonfly
12-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Got my room yesterday at the Microtel Inn, right across the street (44) and only a 2 minute ryde to the Lamplighter. If I'm staying in a hotel for more that one night I need a Refrigerator and Microwave.

ulflyer
12-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Not sure where this is located relative to the festivities, but got tired of searching. Made it for three nights 1-3 May. :yes:

If anyone knows of something closer thats not outrageously priced, let me know.

Frank G
12-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Not sure where this is located relative to the festivities, but got tired of searching. Made it for three nights 1-3 May. :yes:

There is a Motel 6 across the street from the host motel, About $39.00/ night. Nothing fancy but will allow you to get more "Stuff" :yes::yes::roflblack:

If you do Google Earth, Street View, you can see where they are all at. :spyder:

SteveMac
12-15-2013, 12:03 PM

I would NOT recommend the Lamplighter SOUTH. We stayed a night there once. A strip club is attached to the hotel and the room was one of the nastiest I have seen. Look at hotels up closer to I44 and Glenstone. Try the Drury Inn if the host hotels are all booked. Drury inns aren't cheap, but they are clean and well maintained.

Definitely steer clear of Lamplighter South.....:doorag:

ulflyer
12-15-2013, 05:24 PM
There is a Motel 6 across the street from the host motel, About $39.00/ night. Nothing fancy but will allow you to get more "Stuff" :yes::yes::roflblack:

If you do Google Earth, Street View, you can see where they are all at. :spyder:

Frank, is this Motel 6 North thats on Glenstone? Gonna Cancel Lamplighter South.

Edited: Just confirmed resv at the above.

Thanks for feedback folks.

ted

Frank G
12-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Frank, is this Motel 6 North thats on Glenstone? Gonna Cancel Lamplighter South.

Edited: Just confirmed resv at the above.

Thanks for feedback folks.

ted

Yep 2655 N Glenstone

See you there:doorag:

jimclarkf1
12-15-2013, 11:43 PM
I hope to make it this year, have the dates down, now ck for some rooms,,,,,,,,,CAN'T WAIT

RidersInChrist
12-26-2013, 09:05 AM
I just made my reservation, tell them Spyderfest.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Cam someone give me a link to check on prices for the rooms at so or a number so I can check on prices.!!!
thanks
chuck

RidersInChrist
12-26-2013, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=RidersInChrist;735035]Came someone give me a link to that hotel to check on prices for the rooms or a number so I can call .Also can I have a zip code where SF is going to be so I can look at other hotels around the area.please...
thanks
chuck

2ndChildhood
12-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Cam someone give me a link to check on prices for the rooms at so or a number so I can check on prices.!!!
thanks
chuck

http://www.lamplighternorth.com

2820 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, Missouri 65803
Toll free: 800-707-0326, 417-869-3900
Fax: 417-865-5378

Be Safe
ToM

SpyFun1
01-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I just looked at the info on the fairgrounds and see that they offer camping to "staff, vendors, etc.". Does anyone know if they will allow regular attendees to rent these spots? And it also says that they do not take reservations. Is this just for the actual Fair, or all events at the fairgrounds. Just trying to get a jump on the accommodation planning portion of my trip. Thanks to anyone who has knowledge of this. :)

FYI - I just called the fairgrounds and they only let vendors of the events use the campgrounds. Something about not being a "real" campground and insurance. So just reserved at KOA.:yes:

Biosafena
01-08-2014, 06:23 PM
FYI - I just called the fairgrounds and they only let vendors of the events use the campgrounds. Something about not being a "real" campground and insurance. So just reserved at KOA.:yes:

I am also booked at he KOA. Thanks!