PDA

View Full Version : For Lamont (and anyone else interested): Zumo 550 problem solved

Huddleston
11-01-2013, 02:12 PM
My Zumo 550 died on the way to Lamont's to get aligned. I stopped and when I restarted the Spyder, the unit just would not power on. It also would not power on when disconnected from the Spyder. I called Garmin and they had me remove the battery pack, and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable. When the unit powered on, without a battery pack, it established that the battery was just dead. After 7 years I am not surprised. A new battery fixes the unit! :clap:I thought I'd pass this along because it could also be true for the Zumo 660 and others. FYI

MarkLawson
11-01-2013, 02:31 PM
It is a good thing to keep the proper size hex wrench with you to remove that battery. I have found that sometime just removing the battery and then reinstalling will do the trick. I generally wait about 10 seconds & press the power button just for good measure while the battery is out.

Huddleston
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
It is a good thing to keep the proper size hex wrench with you to remove that battery. I have found that sometime just removing the battery and then reinstalling will do the trick. I generally wait about 10 seconds & press the power button just for good measure while the battery is out.

Good tip. I had already decided to pack a wrench in my road tools bag. Thanks.

BikerDoc
11-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Pretty impressive product life!!!!

lawson001
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow - didn't know the battery was accessible. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

SNOOPY
11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Again, I've never used a Nav unit.

Guess I'm good w directions. :dontknow:

Huddleston
11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Just another tip if your battery dies while out on the road. Since the Zumo powers on, with the battery removed, when hooked to the computer USB port, it occurred to me that it should also power up on the Spyder. I hooked it up without a battery, and it works!