PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster's Laser Alignment

pwm
10-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Hats off to Lamonster and his alignment. I evidently was crabbing really bad and did not realize it. I was one of those that thought "I really do not need this because I am not having any issues". I finally decided to give Lamont a call and have it checked.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I did not realize how much I was fighting to steer the thing. I told him that it was like I was driving an old manual steer tractor and he put power steering on it.

During my visit to the Lamonster Garage, I also had BajaRon install his sway bar. Now I am riding like a youngster LOL.

I really enjoyed my day at the Lamonster Garage listening to stories, watching Buddy the Cat play with a mouse, and making new friends. I enjoyed it so much that I am going back up tomorrow with Polish Eagle as he has his 2013 RT checked.

StanProff
10-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Hats off to Lamonster and his alignment. I evidently was crabbing really bad and did not realize it. I was one of those that thought "I really do not need this because I am not having any issues". I finally decided to give Lamont a call and have it checked.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I did not realize how much I was fighting to steer the thing. I told him that it was like I was driving an old manual steer tractor and he put power steering on it.

During my visit to the Lamonster Garage, I also had BajaRon install his sway bar. Now I am riding like a youngster LOL.

I really enjoyed my day at the Lamonster Garage listening to stories, watching Buddy the Cat play with a mouse, and making new friends. I enjoyed it so much that I am going back up tomorrow with Polish Eagle as he has his 2013 RT checked.

:thumbup: I agree. I felt the same way about my 2010 and it felt great going down the road after my visit to the Lamonster garage :yes:

Lamonster
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
I was glad to see how far off yours was because I knew you would be happy. :doorag:

Huddleston
11-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Lamont, I'd like to add my thanks for the alignment. I was able to make it back home the same day, for a total of 10 1/2 hours in the saddle. I attribute that in large part to not being tired on the return trip due to fighting to keep the Spyder steering true down the road. For the first time since I have owned my RTS, I feel truly relaxed steering it. I was even able to take both hands off the bar and have it track straight (kids don't try this at home). I have a problem with my right wrist and have had some difficulty on long trips due to having to constantly apply pressure (even slight pressure) to keep it tracking true. Although my ride was only 7/8 inch out, it does make a difference. I highly recommend the alignment. Thanks again.

Lamonster
11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Lamont, I'd like to add my thanks for the alignment. I was able to make it back home the same day, for a total of 10 1/2 hours in the saddle. I attribute that in large part to not being tired on the return trip due to fighting to keep the Spyder steering true down the road. For the first time since I have owned my RTS, I feel truly relaxed steering it. I was even able to take both hands off the bar and have it track straight (kids don't try this at home). I have a problem with my right wrist and have had some difficulty on long trips due to having to constantly apply pressure (even slight pressure) to keep it tracking true. Although my ride was only 7/8 inch out, it does make a difference. I highly recommend the alignment. Thanks again.

Glad you made it home safe and the Spyder handled as it should. :doorag:

Polish Eagle
11-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I just got back from the Lamonster Garage. On the ride up there this morning I was skeptical because I didn't think there was anything wrong with the Spyder. Well, Lamont did his magic & we discovered both wheels were off to the left. Left side was 1 1/2" & right side 1". Lamont assured me I would like the results, was he ever right ! I have 2,200 miles on it & have been fighting it from day 1 & didn't realize it. I thought it was just a learning curve. I was always over correcting especially on left turns. I came home taking the scenic route with a lot of twisties & can't explain how well it handles.

I want the world to know that Lamont is a true gentleman. Thank you very much Lamont. :yes: :clap:

Laila's Dad
11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey y'all this company "Lamonster's Garage" is not a SpyderLovers sponsor so please stop promoting it. You don't want to get in trouble with the site moderator. :joke:

pwm
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Joe treated us to a great lunch today as well.

Lamonster
11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Joe treated us to a great lunch today as well.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558592_619568368086438_2109382642_n.jpg

Highwayman2013
11-02-2013, 04:26 AM
There are some truly good people involved in this Spyder thing.:spyder:

pwm
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Well I have to report something. Prior to my alignment I was averaging ~28.5 mpg. After 2 filly is since I am happy to see that I have increased to 33.5. Very happy camper.... I mean Spyder Ryder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)