PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 RT

warp10
10-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Went to the dealer today to trade in my 2012 RT SE5, 7k miles and all the extra goodies. Cleaned it up, waxed and polished, sure looked good. Since some customers were already looking at it, the dealer gave me a good price, 22,000 trade in on a new 2014 RT limited. Dealer said that he had tweaked the ECU a little with buds to make a little more power when needed. Sounds good to me, finished the paper work and drove it home. I don’t know how he got a new one, when no one else has one, maybe a special demo/prototype. I don’t care it is mine now.

Perceptions on the ride home. This thing is SMOOTH. Steering is much better, less effort, bike tracks like it is on rails. Bumps are no problem and corners are a blast, zips around them like the tires are glued to the pavement. Twist the throttle and you are gone, very strong acceleration in every gear. Shift 3 times and you are doing a 100 mph. I was playing around with fast run ups to a 100 mph and back down to 50 mph when a couple of sport bikes came up behind me, so I took off. They were able to finally leave me at 150mph, what a blast. They slowed down and waited for me to catch up and then we were in some corners. I was able to stay with them through all of them. We all pulled into a gas station and they couldn’t believe that I was able to stay with them. The big shocker was that I used less gas than they did. I was able to get 45 MPG to their 36 MPG. This means that I was able to go over 500 miles home and only stop once for gas. Wind gusts don’t seem to bother it at all, semi’s can’t faze it. This is just a great ride. Saw some dark clouds up ahead, thought this will be a good test of new rain gear. Bike is handling the rain, wind, and wet roads with no problems. I love this thing.

Suddenly a flash of lightening, BOOM of thunder, and I am awake in my bed. :banghead: WOW, WHAT A DREAM!!

Bob Denman
10-31-2013, 01:35 PM
:shocked: That was almost MEAN...
But I dug it! :thumbup: :D

ARtraveler
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Very good. You also had me going there. I was going to remind you to read up on the "break in" proceedure--but that is not needed now.

Thanks for the excitement. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

OldCowboy
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Not nice! :lecturef_smilie::gaah:

warp10
10-31-2013, 01:40 PM
With the 2014 delay I thought we could use a little light "WISH LIST" reading / dreaming. :roflblack:
I almost left off the waking up in bed part, but that would be too mean. :yikes:

scarecrow
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Yep! even the part about $22,000 for the trade in.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Daisyjoe
10-31-2013, 01:45 PM
God will get you for that!!!!:wrong::wrong:

murphybrown
10-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Just plan MEAN...I'm realllllly into your post, saying what the heck...how did he get one....etc etc etc Then the punch line....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k: A great laugh always makes my day better..:thumbup:

warp10
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Glad you liked it Murphy, see you at Spyderfest with my Special 2014. :roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
10-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Funny. Mean but still funny

napper39
10-31-2013, 02:07 PM
befor i got to the end i was so mad at my dealer i caled him and rased hellnow iv looked at the hole thing how do i say sorry to my dealer,he prouble called brp and rased hell with them.yiks what now:yikes:oh well i can alwas get a new honda if my dealer dont shoot me:lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
10-31-2013, 02:12 PM
befor i got to the end i was so mad at my dealer i caled him and rased hellnow iv looked at the hole thing how do i say sorry to my dealer,he prouble called brp and rased hell with them.yiks what now:yikes:oh well i can alwas get a new honda if my dealer dont shoot me:lecturef_smilie:

This too shall pass. :roflblack::roflblack:

warp10
10-31-2013, 02:15 PM

Just say it was your EVIL Twin. :thumbup:

Barlock
10-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes, I must admit, he's got me too. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Well executed! :clap:

But SERIOUSLY when you think about what our fellow SL expressed here was his unsurpassed desire to have all those things in his new ride. Don't you agree?

warp10
10-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Yep, just a little tweaking is all it takes. :roflblack:

mrfats
10-31-2013, 03:32 PM
You've got way too much time on your hands! :roflblack:

finless
10-31-2013, 03:35 PM
He just jinxed himself. He will probably get the first 2014 lemon ;)

Bob

warp10
10-31-2013, 03:38 PM
He just jinxed himself. He will probably get the first 2014 lemon ;)

Bob

now that is just mean :lecturef_smilie:

Netminder
10-31-2013, 03:41 PM
I began to doubt it with the 150 mph and 45 mpg lines!:lecturef_smilie: Definitely a dream!:thumbup:

Ronbo
10-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Went to the dealer today to trade in my 2012 RT SE5, 7k miles and all the extra goodies. Cleaned it up, waxed and polished, sure looked good. Since some customers were already looking at it, the dealer gave me a good price, 22,000 trade in on a new 2014 RT limited. Dealer said that he had tweaked the ECU a little with buds to make a little more power when needed. Sounds good to me, finished the paper work and drove it home. I don’t know how he got a new one, when no one else has one, maybe a special demo/prototype. I don’t care it is mine now.

Perceptions on the ride home. This thing is SMOOTH. Steering is much better, less effort, bike tracks like it is on rails. Bumps are no problem and corners are a blast, zips around them like the tires are glued to the pavement. Twist the throttle and you are gone, very strong acceleration in every gear. Shift 3 times and you are doing a 100 mph. I was playing around with fast run ups to a 100 mph and back down to 50 mph when a couple of sport bikes came up behind me, so I took off. They were able to finally leave me at 150mph, what a blast. They slowed down and waited for me to catch up and then we were in some corners. I was able to stay with them through all of them. We all pulled into a gas station and they couldn’t believe that I was able to stay with them. The big shocker was that I used less gas than they did. I was able to get 45 MPG to their 36 MPG. This means that I was able to go over 500 miles home and only stop once for gas. Wind gusts don’t seem to bother it at all, semi’s can’t faze it. This is just a great ride. Saw some dark clouds up ahead, thought this will be a good test of new rain gear. Bike is handling the rain, wind, and wet roads with no problems. I love this thing.

Suddenly a flash of lightening, BOOM of thunder, and I am awake in my bed. :banghead: WOW, WHAT A DREAM!!
You had me going!!!

Ken Thomas
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
With the 2014 delay I thought we could use a little light "WISH LIST" reading / dreaming. :roflblack:
I almost left off the waking up in bed part, but that would be too mean. :yikes:

WAY too MEAN !!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::lecturef_smilie::lect uref_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lec turef_smilie::lecturef_smilie:

TicketBait
10-31-2013, 04:13 PM

So it ended as a wet dream http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/LOL.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/hiding.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/ack2.gif

scooterexpress
10-31-2013, 05:15 PM
I know warp10 personally I think he was dreaming he was on the starship enterprise and he had scotty as his engineer.:roflblack: love the story though had me thinking he got one.

Spyder in La.
10-31-2013, 06:22 PM
........................Awesome!!!!!

samewok
10-31-2013, 06:29 PM
That was mean!!!

DJFaninTN
10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
you tease! :mad:

telespec
10-31-2013, 08:53 PM
You got me good.
Still loving my 2012 Spyder, maybe someday I'll do 2014 for now just dreaming.

SpyderDon
11-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Shame on you, you had this ole guy going...LOL Like others, 150 mph and 45 mpg, made me wonder. Nice job...

Deanna777
11-01-2013, 01:23 PM
That was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mean. Deanna777