PDA

View Full Version : Laser Alignment in Houston area???

ozzie
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Hello everybody. Does anyone offer the laser alignment in or around the Houston area?

jcthorne
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Not yet.

Ford 1
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
I can not find anyone in or around this part of Texas. I would make a road trip , If I had to. I guess what I'am saying is I need one now. Please keep me posted of you do find someone. I'am going to the Galveston M/C Rally Friday to look so if anyone can help on this.

SPYDERPOPS
10-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Not yet.

I was thinking about coming down there with my SPYDERPOPS LASER ALIGNMENT equipment some time fairly soon. If someone can establish a place to set up and get a group together we can work on a date.

Thanks,
Harvey
SPYDERPOPS
501-760-1234
Harvey@spyderpops.com
www.spyderpops.com (http://www.spyderpops.com)

flamingobabe
10-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Our place is always opened to you.....just give us a date

SPYDERPOPS
10-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Our place is always opened to you.....just give us a date

Thanks, that's great, just need to get some Spyders gathered up to make it happen. I will check what dates will work and post back here.

The SPYDERPOPS SHOP is always open for Laser Alignments with BUDS reset, just west of Hot Springs, AR.

By the way? The cigar wasn't lit!

Harvey

Ford 1
10-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I live just north of Houston.
Be sure and add me to your JOB list

srwilli
10-30-2013, 05:17 PM
To help those in Houston, I hosted a group of owners last Saturday for a laser alignment, where Mike came down from Amarillo. I recommend that one owner host the event, only need a garage, and then advertise on Spyderlovers for owners in your area. I had 8 owners with 10 spyders within a couple of days. Just need enough owners to make it profitable for the travel expenses, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RAYYOU
10-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Put me on the list. Just hope its on a weekend.

twain
10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
I am there also. :thumbup:

SPYDERPOPS
10-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Put me on the list. Just hope its on a weekend.

A weekend for sure!

Petah50
10-30-2013, 09:36 PM
put me on the list

RAYYOU
10-30-2013, 09:43 PM
A weekend for sure!

Great, just need a date.

wd5gnr
10-30-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd be interested. I'm in the NASA/Clear Lake area. Let me know when and where you would be.

jcthorne
10-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Im in too. I can also volunteer my garage/shop for the day. I am in the Spring/Cypress area. We have hosted these types of working getogethers for some car clubs before. Plenty of room and covered parking.

revjvegas
10-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Just need the when and where and I'm in.

shadow0401
10-31-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm in League City also, count me in.

flamingobabe
10-31-2013, 08:51 AM
looks like about 9 Spyders.....Spyderpops what's good for you....our weekends are open....we have a motorcycle shop with lift for Spyder and 2400 sq ft covered area...let's have a party
1. shadow0401
2. revjvegas
3. jcthorne
4. wd5gnr
5. RAYYOU
6. twain
7. Petah50
8. Ford1
9. ozzie
10. jhutch713
11. momofatdog

Michael211_2000
10-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Why is everybody so in need of an alignment? What are ya'll doing to these machines to throw the alignments out so fast? Am I missing something here? :shocked:

I'm just about to hit the 3K mile mark on my RS, and it holds the road just true as an arrow the tire tread still looks brand new... how many miles do ya'll have on your machines to be in need of alignments already? :dontknow:

I know the roads kinda suck around Houston, but I didn't think they were that bad! LOL! I am honestly confused... somebody clue me in please?

- Michael

srwilli
11-01-2013, 05:51 AM
It's not what people are doing, it is how the bikes are aligned following BRP instructions. It is not at all accurate. I had 7000 miles on my RT, did nothing to affect alignment, the bike had 2.5 inches of toe out, which caused the front tires to be completely worn on the inside. You should have your bike checked, you might be very surprised and it could save your front tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jhutch713
11-01-2013, 06:07 AM
I take the 10th spot

momofatdog
11-01-2013, 07:06 AM
count me in as well, just need to know the date.:clap:

jcthorne
11-01-2013, 08:11 AM
This keeps going and its going to be spyderfest Houston. Lets set a date. Would prefer sooner to later and the holidays are coming. With this many, it will take more than one day. I can be available on a Friday afternoon if we wanted to go that route in planning. Sat or Sun works for me too.

SPYDERPOPS
11-01-2013, 08:22 AM
This keeps going and its going to be spyderfest Houston. Lets set a date. Would prefer sooner to later and the holidays are coming. With this many, it will take more than one day. I can be available on a Friday afternoon if we wanted to go that route in planning. Sat or Sun works for me too.

How about next weekend Saturday the 9th if it will work for Charlene? I can begin at 8:00 am and work until all are done.
Harvey

revjvegas
11-01-2013, 08:44 AM
How about next weekend Saturday the 9th if it will work for Charlene? I can begin at 8:00 am and work until all are done.
Harvey
The next weekend, 15-17, would be better for me; just say'n. And might give others more time to plan ahead?

The 9th is our 22nd anniversary and we'll be out of town...on the Spyder no less :D

If that turns out to be the date, then I'll just catch the next one.

bullant12
11-01-2013, 08:48 AM
The next weekend, 15-17, would be better for me; just say'n. And might give others more time to plan ahead?

The 9th is our 22nd anniversary and we'll be out of town...on the Spyder no less :D

If that turns out to be the date, then I'll just catch the next one.

If you want to use that weekend, Harvey is going to be in my place (Memphis). Good reason to ride!:doorag:

But Hot Springs is probably a bit closer... pleanty of choices!:thumbup:

Michael211_2000
11-01-2013, 10:58 AM
You should have your bike checked, you might be very surprised and it could save your front tires.

If it isn't broke, I'm not fixing it. LOL! Ergo, if I start to see any strange or abnormal tire wear or it develops handling problems THEN I'll get it checked but not before.

Your alignment issues may be due to the touring models being heavier, I notice most of ya'll lining up for alignments appear to have the touring models not the sport models.... idk. :dontknow:

Thanks for elaborating though, and I will be checking my tire wear as the mileage goes higher. Regards SirWilli!

- Michael

SPYDERPOPS
11-01-2013, 12:06 PM
If it isn't broke, I'm not fixing it. LOL! Ergo, if I start to see any strange or abnormal tire wear or it develops handling problems THEN I'll get it checked but not before.

Your alignment issues may be due to the touring models being heavier, I notice most of ya'll lining up for alignments appear to have the touring models not the sport models.... idk. :dontknow:

Thanks for elaborating though, and I will be checking my tire wear as the mileage goes higher. Regards SirWilli!

- Michael

That's right, if it is not broke don't fix it! That's why we don't charge anything if it is within specs.

With that said, we have found only a couple Spyders that were not either crabbing or toed out real bad. The funny part is they are usually fairly new with low miles and the rider had no idea that it was that bad as they grew used to the way it rode.

All models have the same problems as this the only way to get the front wheels to track with the rear wheel.

Harvey

ozzie
11-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Harvey

Either weekend works for me. Flamingobabe i can pitch in for a party / bbq, drinks, etc. Let me know. Im going to try and make the el campo ride this weekend.

ozzie
11-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Why is everybody so in need of an alignment? What are ya'll doing to these machines to throw the alignments out so fast? Am I missing something here? :shocked:

I'm just about to hit the 3K mile mark on my RS, and it holds the road just true as an arrow the tire tread still looks brand new... how many miles do ya'll have on your machines to be in need of alignments already? :dontknow:

I know the roads kinda suck around Houston, but I didn't think they were that bad! LOL! I am honestly confused... somebody clue me in please?

- Michael

I had to replace my front tires at 10k miles they were very worn on the inside. I guess i've gotten use to the way it rides because i don't feel it pulls to the left or right, but i know it needs an alignment because of the uneven tread wear.

jcthorne
11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm in for either weekend but the 16th would be better. Let me know what needs bringin

momofatdog
11-01-2013, 01:39 PM
hey harvey, are you bringing along other goodies, i.e. (sway bars )???? Or is the day strictly for alignments?

Michael211_2000
11-01-2013, 02:09 PM
With that said, we have found only a couple Spyders that were not either crabbing or toed out real bad. The funny part is they are usually fairly new with low miles and the rider had no idea that it was that bad as they grew used to the way it rode.

All models have the same problems as this the only way to get the front wheels to track with the rear wheel.

Harvey, mine seemed to handle perfectly fine from the get-go (it had 880 miles on it when I bought it used this summer) and the tire tread still looks brand new at ~3K miles... so what are the signs to look for, other than crabbing and/or strange tire tread wear? Is this just a set up issue from the factory/dealer that they aren't in proper alignment right off the dealer's lot?

I've read postings on this site among others by people who have claimed their tires were totally wearing out with less than 5K miles on them... I presume these are the factory/dealer mis-aligned Spyders?

I'm on the north side of Houston, a little out from the Kingwood area... I do NOT like driving thru Houston even in my large dually pickup truck MUCH less on the Spyder so it's probably unlikely this laser alignment will be offered in my neck of the woods. But there is a good sized Spyder club in Conroe I'm told, which is also north of Houston...

Thanks.

- Michael

wd5gnr
11-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I should be good for the 9th or 16th.

wd5gnr
11-01-2013, 03:53 PM
hey harvey, are you bringing along other goodies, i.e. (sway bars )???? Or is the day strictly for alignments?

Yeah I have been meaning to order a skid plate....

RAYYOU
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
The 9th sounds great. I'll be there when you open. FB what do we need to bring?

twain
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
The 9th is. Bad because that is the Texas Honor Ride to BAMC in San Antonio. The next weekend would be better.

flamingobabe
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Talked with Harvey and the weekend of the 9th of November Harvey will be at my house to do Laser Alignments starting at 8am and working until all are done.....Let's have a BYOM party....."Bring your own meat"....bring steak, pork, chicken, fish...what ever you want...I'll supply the baked potatoes and fixings and salad....and water....bring what you want to drink....I have coolers...Mark will have a wood fire to cook the meat...any questions...just ask....for directions pm me.....this should be fun...Lasers and friendships

RAYYOU
11-01-2013, 09:43 PM
We will see you at 8am

Ray

FmfTxs
11-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Talked with Harvey and the weekend of the 9th of November Harvey will be at my house to do Laser Alignments starting at 8am and working until all are done.....Let's have a BYOM party....."Bring your own meat"....bring steak, pork, chicken, fish...what ever you want...I'll supply the baked potatoes and fixings and salad....and water....bring what you want to drink....I have coolers...Mark will have a wood fire to cook the meat...any questions...just ask....for directions pm me.....this should be fun...Lasers and friendships
Charlyne, count me in on this one. Bonnie will be out of town hehe:yes:

gene0108
11-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Well we just might have to make the trip to Houston for a visit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

revjvegas
11-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Scratch me off the list. :(
It'll have to be another time, another place for me.

Maybe a road trip to Greenville.

Ford 1
11-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe this bike will stop jumping around and pulling from one side to the other.

bullant12
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Lasers and Friendships... two of my many favorite things!!!:clap:

Good luck! Wish I was there but that week is my Mom's 70th birthday... Family first!:thumbup:

Questions
10-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Newbie to motorcycles looking for my first one fell in love with the spyder I'm 25 single need a chick magnet lol I've had 6 open heart surgerys I think I'd feel safe on the spyder just need to here the good the bad and ugly about them and where to shop around Beaumont

Michael211_2000
10-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Newbie to motorcycles looking for my first one fell in love with the spyder I'm 25 single need a chick magnet lol I've had 6 open heart surgerys I think I'd feel safe on the spyder just need to here the good the bad and ugly about them and where to shop around Beaumont

Unfortunately it's more of a "guy magnet" you'll find out. Everywhere you take the thing, guys will walk over to ask questions and check it out close up. :banghead:

Kinda suxs when you're single. :sour:

- Michael

RedRTS
10-10-2016, 04:55 AM

Hi... just bought a RT-S from Mancuso south in Houston. Phillip treated me right. It's 90 miles off but no close by dealers. I live in Port Neches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk