PDA

View Full Version : Off To See The Lizzard

Captain Fin
10-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Built a cradle for my Spyder and mounted it on the aft deck of my sailboat SV Free Ride. I took the wheels off and secured the Spyder to the cradle to lower the center of gravity.The Spyder now looks like a Sea-Doo. I think it will fool the port authorities as it looks like a personal water craft. If one does ask, I will tell them that it's a hybrid.
I depart November 6th for a voyage to Central and South America. I will stay in touch with Spyder Lovers as I ply the waters and ryde the roads of Central and South America. My first stop is Cancun Mexico, next Belize then Guatemala. I am sure I will see many smiling faces and hear many questions about the Spyder as many of these people have never seen one.

Showie
10-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Built a cradle for my Spyder and mounted it on the aft deck of my sailboat SV Free Ride. I took the wheels off and secured the Spyder to the cradle to lower the center of gravity.The Spyder now looks like a Sea-Doo. I think it will fool the port authorities as it looks like a personal water craft. If one does ask, I will tell them that it's a hybrid.
I depart November 6th for a voyage to Central and South America. I will stay in touch with Spyder Lovers as I ply the waters and ryde the roads of Central and South America. My first stop is Cancun Mexico, next Belize then Guatemala. I am sure I will see many smiling faces and hear many questions about the Spyder as many of these people have never seen one.

Have fun :clap::yes:

EnjoyingTheRyde
10-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Now did you intend to make me jealous? Have a great trip! Sounds like fun!

Magdave
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Bon Voyage sounds like fun :thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
10-30-2013, 09:39 AM

Have a "Lovely Cruise", enjoy a Boat Drink or two, don't get caught Havana Day Dreamin or you may wind up being a Victim of a Cuban Crime of Passion. Steer clear of any Tampico Trauma as you want the Federales to always be your friend. When you finally make Land Fall, check out the Volcano in Margaritaville, and kick back and Wonder why we ever go home.

CyncySpyder
10-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Teddy (so do I) wants to see pics of this :clap: mind taking and sharing a few :dontknow: :bowdown:I've been struggling with this very dream for almost 4 years now & would love to see it in fruition, even if its not by us :2thumbs:

kepople
10-30-2013, 10:25 AM

Wow! definatley one of the epic Spyder Journeys I have heard off...
Have fun on your Walk about... Say hi to the lizzard for me...

Chupaca
10-30-2013, 10:58 AM
may the wind be to your back and the roads smooth...enjoy and be safe...!! :clap::ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-30-2013, 11:04 AM
This sounds like a GREAT adventure!! :2thumbs:
Take lots of pictures for us, and have lots of fun! :thumbup:

Daisyjoe
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
This sounds like an awesome adventure. Have a great time and ryde safe.

SteveMac
10-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Very very cool. Have fun and stay safe. :doorag:

Netminder
10-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Have an excellent and safe journey!:thumbup::clap:

Barlock
10-30-2013, 08:26 PM
A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

Have great journey!

Highwayman2013
10-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Have a great adventure!