PDA

View Full Version : Takin the good with the bad

jwulf74
10-29-2013, 11:40 PM
We picked up our second RT-S (blue one) today and got a really good deal on it. We just couldn't wait for a 14 and spent about half of what we would have on a 14. This one had a Corbin already on it, but not much else for farkles.

After getting the blue one all cleaned and polished up I discovered that our red one does indeed have a coolant leak. Hoses look good so guessing it is more serious. Oh well...good time of year to have it in the shop I guess.

Chupaca
10-29-2013, 11:48 PM
if you can check the coolant tanks have been known to crack as well as the only re-usable hose clamp happens to be a radiator hose clamp and has been known to need an extra twist. If anyone has removed the radiator cap make sure it is on all the way to the second detent, otherwise you may be looking at the water pump seal... Hope fully not...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-30-2013, 06:35 AM
:agree: :shocked: Good Luck; we all hope that it turns out to be an easy one to find and fix! :thumbup:
How about some pics of the new ride too??

Saluda
10-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Congrats and hope for a quick fix.

jwulf74
10-30-2013, 10:50 AM
if you can check the coolant tanks have been known to crack as well as the only re-usable hose clamp happens to be a radiator hose clamp and has been known to need an extra twist. If anyone has removed the radiator cap make sure it is on all the way to the second detent, otherwise you may be looking at the water pump seal... Hope fully not...:thumbup:

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I will have time tonight to tear the tupperwear off to check the tank and clamp and the weep hole in the pump.

Pic wise...probably tonight. :)

jwulf74
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
So far so good...looks like it was indeed leaking at the hose with the adjustable clamp. It took a good half a dozen turns to tighten it down. I will have to ride this weekend to see if there is any further leakage.

Pictures of the new one coming tonight...

ARtraveler
10-31-2013, 04:52 PM
:congrats: on the new purchase. :thumbup:

jwulf74
10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
78481 And now for the pic of the blue and red bikes together. :yes: The blue one will be hers, and the red mine.

Some Guy
10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Some of a B****!!! I wish I had that garage!!! :bowdown:

Nice job having 2 Spyders! We're a 2 Spyder family...but "Some Girl" just wants to be a passenger...I'm cool with that. :thumbup: I get to ride the cool, loud-a$$ Spyder around town and then the comfy one on trips. It works...

jwulf74
10-31-2013, 10:55 PM
you should see the work area and other side :p we put in the nice gladiator cabinets. lots of storage. :yes: