PDA

View Full Version : Lower block off plate?

Dat Guy
10-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi folks! Quick question:

If I only use the lower block off plate from Spyderpops and do not cut hole in the pan underneath, will leaving the upper vent open be enough to let the hot air escape? Hot air rises and the top hole is much bigger, after all.

Can anyone post their experience with using the lower block off plate without cutting holes in the pan underneath?

Thanks!

Chupaca
10-29-2013, 07:59 PM
the one I installed directs the air downward and the fan will blow some of it towards the bottom. Placing a vent there or removing the plate will help air flow out. My question is: should the vent face forward or backwards..?? Forward will push air up to the fan where as backwards would create a draw pulling the air out. :dontknow:

kepople
10-30-2013, 08:42 AM
I am going to wait until spring to mess with it anymore... I will enjoy the foot warmer hole :-)
Wish there was one on the other side...

That being said, if you block off any of the holes, you need to open an equivalent hole somewhere else.

MidLifeCrisis
10-30-2013, 09:29 AM
If the Spyder doesn't end up having heat issues without the lower pans removed, blocking the lower would have a serious blow torch effect on your knee and upper leg. Heat may rise, but it's far from rising fast enough to stay off the rider. Increasing the pressure would make things worse.