PDA

View Full Version : Got Drunk...

Guesswho
10-28-2013, 12:11 PM
last night and apparently I bought a GPS for my spyder...its a zumo 660 so it's what I wanted...just didn't want to spend 500$! hope it comes with everything I need to install it on the handlebars! eeeeekkkkkk! and its snowing here so I won't be riding for 5-6 months. Why would I want a GPS now?!!!:banghead: Friends shouldn't let friends shop on line drunk! :gaah:

Michael211_2000
10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Why would I want a GPS now?!!!:banghead: Friends shouldn't let friends shop on line drunk! :gaah:

LOL! ROF! Yeah Ebay should come with a breathalizer I suppose. Too funny!

I love my Droid Razr it has the Google Navigate app which is a great (and FREE!) GPS app... I just need a way to securely mount it to my Spyder's handlbar I guess. I need to search for a cell phone handlebar mount I guess they make them....

- Michael

M109Dreamer
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
It should be more like, friends don't let friends drink alone. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Bob Denman
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
:congrats: :cheers:

jerpinoy
10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't need GPS or android I got my wife and her hands wrap around me and gives me directions. LOL.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
10-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Rude awakening though painless at the moment. Well now you will be set for your next ryde. Just make it to a place where you need a gps and all will be good...:gaah:

Magdave
10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
I use my headset to listen to music on my phone and google maps for gps running at the same time. When a turn comes up it shuts the music off and gives directions. Perfect and I have compared it to my Garmin in the car and it give directions a few seconds before the Garmin too. Best solution I can find :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't need GPS or android I got my wife and her hands wrap around me and gives me directions. LOL.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
You get directions???? :shocked: I just get told where to go...:yikes:
...and what to do when I get there!:roflblack:

warp10
10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Fed-Ex just delivered a bunch of goodies to my door, Said they are from Guesswho. :yes: :yes: :roflblack:

Dan McNally
10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I go for rides, turning where the mood suits me . . . riding for a few hours like that on country roads can get me pretty lost (well, not exactly lost, just slightly confused as to where everyone else might be!) The GPS comes out of the trunk at times like that and tells me how to get home! I'm glad I have it. :clap:

Highwayman2013
10-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I find the directions on the phone are great until I get out in the boondocks and lose signal.:yikes: I have a zumo 660 for that.

Magdave
10-28-2013, 03:26 PM
I find the directions on the phone are great until I get out in the boondocks and lose signal.:yikes: I have a zumo 660 for that.

You can get the whole map downloaded to the phone now. I read an article about devices that will soon be obsolete and GPS's were on the list. Besides for me all I have to do is ride east eventually I will hit the ocean and I can find my way from there :thumbup:

Tx web rider
10-28-2013, 04:21 PM
hey you can ship it down to me ill use it year round

Bob Denman
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
You can get the whole map downloaded to the phone now. I read an article about devices that will soon be obsolete and GPS's were on the list. Besides for me all I have to do is ride east eventually I will hit the ocean and I can find my way from there :thumbup:
That's true...But do you swim North, or South??? :dontknow: :shocked:

Cleg
10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
I go for rides, turning where the mood suits me . . . riding for a few hours like that on country roads can get me pretty lost (well, not exactly lost, just slightly confused as to where everyone else might be!) The GPS comes out of the trunk at times like that and tells me how to get home! I'm glad I have it. :clap:

:ohyea::ohyea:That's the way to go...ryde, ryde, and ryde some more. When it is time to 'go home' :pray: you have enough fuel to make it and program the electronics and over the hill you go...:helpsmilie:

Bob Denman
10-28-2013, 05:35 PM
The Limited that I've got coming, will be my first experience of ANY sort with a GPS system :shocked:...
I am hoping that it'll allow us to just sort of head off in a "Thataway" sort of direction, and have it find "Thisaway", for the return trip. :shocked:

Dan McNally
10-28-2013, 06:04 PM
The Limited that I've got coming, will be my first experience of ANY sort with a GPS system :shocked:...
I am hoping that it'll allow us to just sort of head off in a "Thataway" sort of direction, and have it find "Thisaway", for the return trip. :shocked:

It will if you program where "home" is. It is a simple process, and once you have saved it, it will tell you where to go :yikes: . . . I mean, it will tell you how to get home! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
:cheers: Have never used a GPS device. Up to this point, road maps have been sufficient for me.

Bob Denman
10-29-2013, 06:56 AM
I may be mistaken about this... :opps:
Don't you have a whole lot less roads up there to worry about??? :D :joke:

Bob Denman
10-29-2013, 07:08 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif(... I was trying to be gentle...) :shocked:
I actually am pretty sure that they have roads; he's piled up over 90,000 miles on his Spyders up there! :clap: :2thumbs:
Or is it just a VERY long driveway???

n1njazx7
10-29-2013, 07:34 AM
I've let the wife tell me where to go for years now. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Happy wife, happy life. :bowdown:

ARtraveler
10-29-2013, 12:25 PM
There are roads in Alaska?

There are a few. I have pretty much driven all the paved roads. Some are a bit on the adventerous side. I have heard some stories of people using GPS on funky type roads and being directed to drive off a cliff, or to go where a road "used to be".

ARtraveler
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif(... I was trying to be gentle...) :shocked:
I actually am pretty sure that they have roads; he's piled up over 90,000 miles on his Spyders up there! :clap: :2thumbs:
Or is it just a VERY long driveway???

There are a few. I have pretty much driven all the paved roads. Some are a bit on the adventerous side. I have heard some stories of people using GPS on funky type roads and being directed to drive off a cliff, or to go where a road "used to be".

ARtraveler
10-29-2013, 01:10 PM
sorry I couldn't resist.
I know there are roads, I watch that gold mining show whose name alludes me at the moment.

seriously what a beautiful part of the world.

I knew you meant the comment in jest. Please don't let the people on the gold mining show give you the impression that all of us who live here are like them. That show and a few others, really go out of the way to make the population here look like a bunch of bonzos.

I now watch the show sometimes just to see what made up bit of theatrics is going to happen next. One of my favorites during the summer was when they were supposedly out in the middle of the jungle. They sent the old man out into the jungle--all by himself--to find an excavator. He came right back with one--driving through the jungle. Right? :roflblack::roflblack:

Oops! Sorry, but the rant just came on. :roflblack:

rtotten
10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
How many of us have the GPS programed to home and have a remote controlled garage door opener in the glove box? What happens if you ryde gets stolen? The person has a set of directions to your house and a way to get into your garage and possibly your house. That is why I have my GPS "home" set to somewhere nearby like my local Walmart, Target, or Hospital that I won't forget how to get home from. Just a thought from a paranoid old man.