PDA

View Full Version : black currant soft paint

chuck gross
10-27-2013, 09:46 PM
My STL has the black currant paint and seems to scratch super easy. Has anyone else noticed soft paint ?

Don in E Texas
10-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Is it the paint or the clear coat? If it is just the clear coat it can be buffed to remove minor scratches. Assuming they use clear coat over the paint.

MrLooney
10-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Is it the paint or the clear coat? If it is just the clear coat it can be buffed to remove minor scratches. Assuming they use clear coat over the paint.

Good Question !!
What about other previous year bikes?
Do any of the bikes have a clear coat over them?

cuznjohn
10-28-2013, 12:21 AM
on my 13 they have a 3 stage paint, i know this because i just bought paint for some vents i ordered from verika and the last coat is a clear coat

rcturner
10-28-2013, 04:00 PM
A dark color like that will show everything. There are polishes that are very good at removing swirls and scratches. The clear coat is soft and even wiping the bike down to remove water after washing will cause very light but noticeable scratches.

Chupaca
10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
but ours is an 2012 RS black and everything shows. But it does clear up with "Protect-All" or "Plexus". They also sell a black type polish tgat is supposed to work great..the ones I use work fine...!! :thumbup:

chuck gross
10-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I have had black cars before and know just how hard they are to keep clean and free of water spots but I have never seen paint that scratches with just the smallest amount of pressure while using a soft cloth to buff out bug splatters with wax, These darn bug stains just don't seem to go away with car wash soap and a lambswool wash mitt. And yes i waxed it within a week of bringing it home back in June with Zymol wax that I have had great success using on my cage vehicles. The scratches do seem to buff out with multiple coats of wax but it is still a little unnerving just the same and a lot of extra work to make the darn bug splats go away.

ronrico
10-28-2013, 09:18 PM
I am glad that I read this info due to the fact that I was really looking at the 2014 Black current but now I might rethink the color.

ARtraveler
10-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Also heard about soft paint issues on another site--concerning the new Honda F6B in black. Same kind of paint, if memory serves.