PDA

View Full Version : Home at last!

spyderfever
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Malissa & I made it home from Florida today about 4:30pm after 2566miles. The spyder ran perfect for the entire trip. The only glitch happened about 100miles from home. The Brake Failure screen came on with a code C1282. I checked the brake fluid level, didn't find any leaks, & the brakes worked fine. We made it home fine. Had to put on several layers of clothing to stay warm. It was 30deg saturday morning in Macon, GA, what a difference from 88 deg in Florida 2 days earlier. Enjoyed a delicious lunch with Colleen(GOS) from Atlanta @ the Twisted Taco & made it to Nashville saturday evening. Left Nashville this morning around 9am. Just a little saddle sore, but very happy with our first cross country vacation on our spyder. Looking forward to many more. Thanks to everyone for their prayers & well wishes. Dennis & Malissa! P.S. pictures are of Malissa with some of her Girls on Spyders friends, the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs, & me loading up our trailer.78320783217832278323

Chupaca
10-27-2013, 10:41 PM
glad you had a great trip and made it home safely. That is what it is all about and I'm sure you will have many more..!! :2thumbs:

GloryRyders
10-28-2013, 05:25 AM
Welcome home :yes: Happy to hear that there was only a small"glitch" in the whole time you were gone!:2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
10-28-2013, 05:38 AM
:clap::2thumbs::yes: Great to hear that a few of the GOS members got to show you around a bit :yes::2thumbs::clap:

:doorag:And we're glad to hear that all went well:ohyea:

No worries on the Brake Failure Code, even tho your resivoir may look full, add an ounce or two of DOT4 Brake Fluid to it & that should take care of your issue, as we've had the same in the past & it just needs to be topped off ;)

Gosh, its been since 2010 since Teddy & I had been back home in Florida ...... & we miss it :)

spyderfever
10-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Thought it might be interesting to keep tabs on mileage & cost for our trip. We traveled 2,566 miles, used 91.738 gallons of 93 octane gas, $3.62 average per/gallon, &27.97 average/mpg. Not bad for riding 2 up & pulling a fully loaded trailer. I thought we'd get 25 or 26 mpg. We seemed to get better mileage coming home in cooler weather. FYI

jthornton
10-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Glad you guys made it back in time for the rains this week. Sounds like you had a good time.

That is about 2 mpg better than I get pulling the trailer...

JT

Shewhoprays
10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Glad you made it home safe. Hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday.

MrLooney
10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
:clap::2thumbs::yes: Great to hear that a few of the GOS members got to show you around a bit :yes::2thumbs::clap:

:doorag:And we're glad to hear that all went well:ohyea:

No worries on the Brake Failure Code, even tho your resivoir may look full, add an ounce or two of DOT4 Brake Fluid to it & that should take care of your issue, as we've had the same in the past & it just needs to be topped off ;)

Gosh, its been since 2010 since Teddy & I had been back home in Florida ...... & we miss it :)

Check your break fluid reservoir, it may be low BUT also check your break pads first. As breaks wear, it allows more action in the calipers which require the fluid in the reservoir to drop.

If you add brake fluid to the reservoir then later replace the brake pads, you will have to take the reservoir cap off to get the new brakes into place. this will cause the reservoir to over flow.

You don't want Brake Fluid to spill on paint. Brake Fluid is good at removing paint. :yikes::gaah:

spyderfever
10-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your posts. I talked to Len from Pit bull yesterday & he said the same thing about the pads. I've got almost 16,000 miles on my RTS & because it's a manual I probably use the brakes more than an automatic. So that's where I'm starting. Thanks Again!