PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor

LLSailor
10-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Looking for an electric air compressor for the tires that you can set the pressure and compressor stops at that point. Any suggestions?

sjcpanther
10-27-2013, 08:08 AM
I would like to see what others say about this.

But what I'm thinking about using is a compressor and adapting an EZ Air Tire Pressure Gauge & Inflator. Can't post a picture now, but it's being sold on eBay. You can see the pressure that you are at, and has the bleed valve built-in in case you over inflate. Seems like the most cost effective way I have found.

IGETAROUND
10-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Looking for an electric air compressor for the tires that you can set the pressure and compressor stops at that point. Any suggestions?

​Black and Decker Air Station works slowly but well. Fairly coarse pressure adjustments; would need close checking after with an accurate gauge.:coffee::bbq:

Larry rt
10-27-2013, 08:23 AM
$17.95 on eBay plus $5 shipping

Pennyrick
10-27-2013, 08:24 AM
​Black and Decker Air Station works slowly but well. Fairly coarse pressure adjustments; would need close checking after with an accurate gauge.:coffee::bbq:

I have the Black and Decker and have checked the air pressure after it shuts off and found that it is accurate within a pound to my manual gauge. It's nice not to have to keep checking especially on the rear tire.... just set it at 27 pounds and let it run.

PW2013STL
10-27-2013, 12:18 PM

Went on line to check this unit out and on B&D website the first dozen comments from users are 'do not buy'. Looks like there is an issue with the non-replaceable fuse.:yikes: