PDA

View Full Version : Another Glowing PitBull Report

Phil
10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I had several reasons for coming from Tyler, Texas to Springfield. But one of those was to see my friends Len and Vanessa Damouth. They HAPPEN to be the owners of PitBull Powersports. So while visiting with them, I figured I'd get a few things done to Darth. Jim Bell and I exchanged emails and set up a day long appointment for Darth. Darth has 13k miles and it was time to get some things fixed up.

On the list-
Rear Elka shock; new battery; bouncy front right tire; air bag issues; trailer wheel throwing grease; re-align the back pulley after a dealer tire swap so I can get to the tire stem!!!!; laser alignment, and a few other misc things. I allowed 2 days just in case and because I know there are walk-ins that need to be helped. I arrived at 9 on Thursday and left with Darth about 5:30pm, with only the alignment to go.

I was honored to sit in with Len and two Springfield city officials about Spyderfest 2014. Len will tell you when it is time and when more details are assembled, but I will say that it will be bigger and better than ever! I also was privileged to be at the BCFO Fighting Spyder auction close last night at the Springfield Brewing Company.

Their entire team treated me like a king. But I want to single out Chris, the PitBull tech that worked on Darth. He took time to explain each change he made, asked my opinion on the ryde and made small shock adjustments after I took Darth for a spin. He has GREAT 'bedside manor' with customers.

I got to meet several other RT ryders, two who had NOT heard of Spyderfest! I felt like an evangelist, converting the lost souls! I also connected with a great friend and businessman in Springfield whom I had not seen in many years.

Bottom line- I'll travel 450miles HAPPILY again to get Darth (and DarthII coming soon) worked on!! Thanks PitBull!

DarthII? Hang lose for about 2 months :)

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 05:01 PM
:congrats: on a successful mission!
Now... What did you hear about SpyderFest 2014??? :shocked:

Phil
10-25-2013, 05:06 PM

Not for me to say! I'll only say that it is exciting. AND to say that Len is hard at work on the foundational things, around which will be all of the things that make Spyderfest what it is! LOTS more hoops, meetings, committees, etc., but..... it will be great!

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
:D Not even a hint??? :D

SteveMac
10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
:D Not even a hint??? :D

Here is a hint Bob. Shhh. Don't share this,,, but I bet Phil will agree,,,

it will be in the Springfield area, AND lots of Spyders will be involved. And even a few non-Spyders!

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Champagne
10-25-2013, 07:01 PM
:congrats: on a successful mission!

Bob we going to Spyderfest 2014

Chupaca
10-25-2013, 07:52 PM
way to go Pitbull Powersports, although we all know its the folks there..!! :2thumbs: