PDA

View Full Version : In Thirteen years

Jeriatric
10-25-2013, 03:15 PM
we had only been apart overnight 'Three Times', and Two of those times my parents took care of her. The other time was when I went to Louisiana to pick up the Spyder. That time, she spent a week in what I called jail. It really wasn't. They treated her well.

Guess you could say we were each others shadow.

I lost my shadow yesterday....and

the sun hasn't risen today. :(

RIP Roxie

bruiser
10-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow Bear, sorry for your loss.

Chupaca
10-25-2013, 04:12 PM
sorry to hear...may the sun rise again although it will be with a different glow...

Dan McNally
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
So sorry . . .

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear this... :shocked:
You never get over them; you never forget them; you'll always love them...
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers for strength, during this awful time. :pray:

ulflyer
10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
My heart goes out to you; lost my pal Scrappy of 16 years two years ago and didn't think there could be another. Takes a long time to get over. While browsing some rescue agencies I found a new love, a tiny CockerPoo...mostly cocker... and she's been a blessing.

ARtraveler
10-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

This one brings tears to my eyes each time I read it--but it pretty much says how we feel about our friends. I feel your loss.

Akspyderman

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Me too... :shocked:

RBS66
10-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Sorry for your loss.My wife and I have been through this A few times it is very difficult.

wetmountainman
10-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Sorry, been there and done that.... not pleasant.
Feel better.

Blue Star
10-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry to read this, as I know how special our fur babies can be.

Jeriatric
10-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks all.
Appreciated :doorag:

MidLifeCrisis
10-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Been there too many times myself. There's nothing like the richness they bring to our lives and the hole they leave behind.

Sorry to hear of your loss Jer. My prayers are with you also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reverendg
10-26-2013, 07:27 AM
The pain, the grief...these are the proof positive of the loving relationship between you. We take in our pets, we love them, knowing full well that they will likely leave us way too early. But the joy they bring is worth the grief we suffer when they must depart us. One may recall a famous line about "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all". It is of course a true assessment, as we all can attest. Comfort yourself in knowing that the relationship was reciprocal, you provided to them the same love that you received in kind. You completed their life much as they completed your own. When the stages of grief have passed, it is likely you will again find it mutually beneficial to share the joys of life with another four-legged companion.

flamingobabe
10-26-2013, 08:46 AM
It's always hard when we lose part of our family.....our fur friends are the perfect example of unconditional love....thinking of you

murphybrown
10-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Been there, done that, HATE it...sad for you.

beanoil
10-26-2013, 02:05 PM
13 years is a long time for many breeds. You were blessed. It's never easy though. Sorry for your loss.