PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Question

BRPjunkie
07-13-2008, 09:09 AM
All of the fog light installation instructions I've seen show that a new harness is part of the process with headlights, turn signals, etc all needing to be reconnected to the new harness. I thought that a new harness was only needed if you were also adding HID headlights. For basic fog light install without HID upgrade, does the fog light lead connect directly to the fog light circuit in the fuse box or do you have to rewire the entire front lighting system. The BRP accessory web site for fog lamps, says "easy installation". From what I've seen, they need to remove that statement since you have to dismantle half the bike.

Lamonster
07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
All of the fog light installation instructions I've seen show that a new harness is part of the process with headlights, turn signals, etc all needing to be reconnected to the new harness. I thought that a new harness was only needed if you were also adding HID headlights. For basic fog light install without HID upgrade, does the fog light lead connect directly to the fog light circuit in the fuse box or do you have to rewire the entire front lighting system. The BRP accessory web site for fog lamps, says "easy installation". From what I've seen, they need to remove that statement since you have to dismantle half the bike.

If you don't have the BRP HID lights all you need is what comes with the kit, no need for the extra harness.

Yes the "easy intallation" should be taken out. I :sour: