PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Scala Rider G9's with Can-Am {SENA SM10 } Dual Stream Bluetooth Audio?

DR Buck
10-25-2013, 06:00 AM
I have been unsuccessful in getting my Scala G9's to work properly with the Can-Am {SENA SM10} dual stream bluetooth audio. From an intercom perspective, the G9's work excellent. Pairing each headset with our separate telephones and each other works just as good. According to the CARDO (Scala) website I should be able to pair the headsets with each other, separate cell phones and the bluetooth audio. They even have a video on their site showing how to do it. The problem comes with trying to pair them with each other and the dual stream SM10 audio. :gaah:

Here are a few of the frustrating scenarios I've encountered:

I can get them both to pair with the SM10 audio, but then the intercom won't connect.
The intercom does connects and then when you talk the audio from the SM10 drops and doesn't return to one or both of the headsets.
SM10 Audio only pairs with 1 of the headsets and not the other.
Using only 1 headset telephone and SM10 both will not pair.

I have gone to the Scala site and downloaded and installed the latest firmware that is required to support the ability to use both G9 headsets with separate cell phones and the SM10. I have downloaded and installed the latest SENA SM10 firmware as well. Still no reliable success regardless of the sequence I try to do the pairing.

My questions are:

Has anyone been successful using a pair of the G9's for intercom with the SM10 and cell phones at the same time? Or even a pair of the G9's for intercom with just the SM10 and not the cell phone? If so, what pairing sequence did you use?

I've read numerous threads where SENA SMH10 headsets with the SENA SM10 work fine, so there is no need to respond if you use that combination. I'm only interested if you have the Scala G9 headsets.