PDA

View Full Version : Radiator air deflectors?

Dat Guy
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
I've seen a lot of stuff mentioned here, but the most popular fixes for hot foot seem to be the Spyderpops block off plates or the Baker Air Wings. Does anyone know if there are any other after market air deflectors, scoops, or air directors that can be attached to route the air further out and around the foot? I've seen some people make their own with plastic bits but I'm afraid this is beyond my skill.

Chupaca
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM
for the others but the spyderpops works great. They have mentioned the "fan can" but don't know anything about it. We installed spyderpops block offs around the radiator and the fan deflector and this has done wonders...!! :ohyea:

OWISE1
10-24-2013, 10:37 PM
If you are having HEAT ISSUES file a complaint with your dealer and BRP, get a case number. It is BRP's responsibility to fix the heat issues. Why should the owners have to spend more $$$$ for a fix.
Believe me when I say, BRP knows about the heat problems :lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 07:19 AM
:shocked::hun:
Sorry... If my bike was running uncomfortably hot; I'd find a way to make it rideable. :agree:; BRP should fix the problem; but riding time is being wasted if you wait for them.
There's a couple of folks that have come up with deflectors that push the hot air further away from your feet...
I just can't remember who it was that sold them; I saw them at SpyderFest... :opps:

Jeriatric
10-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Good luck. :popcorn:

jcthorne
10-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Be careful using the spyderpops block offs on 2013 RTs. Unlike the 12 and older units if you block off the side ports there is no where else for the heat to go. Using these requires modification of other parts to give the hot air a different exit path. No good clean solution exists for the 2013s yet although several ideas have been talked about.

Bob Denman
10-26-2013, 07:48 AM
:agree: ; it HAS to be re-directed! :shocked:

Dat Guy
10-28-2013, 03:56 AM
Hmm... will using just the bottom block off plate on a 2013 still allow enough heat to escape from the top vent while keeping the foot cool?

Bob Denman
10-28-2013, 07:08 AM
:dontknow: If it were me; I'd be working on a Plan B... and testing out your setup at the same time.
Let us know how it works; Good Luck! :thumbup:

Dat Guy
10-28-2013, 11:26 PM
The only good idea I have right now is to order the Spyderpops block off plates, put holes in them and then put two extended pipes leading away from the foot area. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
10-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Time's a-wastin'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHLHgJMBkJo