PDA

View Full Version : Leather Overpants

SpydermanCT
10-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Does anyone have experience with leather overpants? I have a First Gear suit but it's kind of bulky to wear during the week when I'm wearing work clothes. I'm perfectly warm on the top with a leather jacket on but my legs get cold wearing wind or rain pants. Are leather overpants effective at keeping the wind off and keeping you warm in cold weather?

03hdjill
10-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Does anyone have experience with leather overpants? I have a First Gear suit but it's kind of bulky to wear during the week when I'm wearing work clothes. I'm perfectly warm on the top with a leather jacket on but my legs get cold wearing wind or rain pants. Are leather overpants effective at keeping the wind off and keeping you warm in cold weather?
Yes, my husband and I both wear leather pants. They work very well. There are nice Can Am leather riding pants on EBay and they are inexpensive.

btcherm
10-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Yes they keep you warm and dry love mind.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Anything that you can do to keep the wind off of you will help... :thumbup:
Personlly; I find that leather can be a bit heavy and bulky at times. I prefer some other options...but that's just me!:D

Cruzr Joe
10-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Anything that you can do to keep the wind off of you will help... :thumbup:
Personlly; I find that leather can be a bit heavy and bulky at times. I prefer some other options...but that's just me!:D

I prefer some other options????????? Snuggies??????? :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr joe

ARtraveler
10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I once purchased a pair of leather bib type overalls for riding. I did not like them as they were way to heavy by the time I added the leather jacket, gloves, boots, and helmet.

Leather is also a problem if you drive in any rain for a long duration. You are going to get soaked through to the skin.

I also have some Revit synthetic leather pants with removable waterproof liners. These DO work well in wet and cold. They do protect from cool breezes. They are also heavy in relation to the textile stuff that is available.

Since we had an unusually warm summer this year, I used Kevlar lined riding jeans and chaps (when I needed an additional layer). I am now back to the textiles with liners as the weather gets cooler. I was in 35 degrees yesterday and its even colder today.

There are lots of options out there--but that is a choice you have to decide on.

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
I prefer some other options????????? Snuggies??????? :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr joe
Don't you still have a favorite pair of "Doctor Denton's" too? :dontknow: :D