PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Issue & Occasional Clattering Sounds From Dead Stops

coastrider
10-24-2013, 01:43 AM
My 2013 RT ltd has developed a new tick at the 5,500 mile mark. When I stop after a long highway run it sometimes exhibits hard starting and/or stalls for a minute or two before returning to normal. This started just before the dreaded melting master cylinder recall was performed (my evap canister was partially melted). Most recently it did it on a cold start from my garage en route to the dealer for the recall service. Of course, no codes were picked up by the software. Another new issue is a clattering sound (similar to what you might hear moving a manual transmission auto from a dead stop in too low a gear) that occasionally is heard from dead stops in either first or reverse gears. My research here found several posts pointing to the surge pump in the evap system as a possible culprit for the stalling, and to the clutch packs for the clatter. Neither fix seems to have met with 100% success. My question (as winter nears) is has BRP yet discovered the cause of these problems, and is there a positive repair for either? If not I'll store the bike until spring in hopes of a permanent fix. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

DrewNJ
10-24-2013, 06:03 AM
For the stalling the first thing I'd try is pinching off the line to the purge valve and go for a ride. Our 11' did this quite a few times before we bypassed the can itself and plugged the valve. Easy to check and a freebie to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick11Flor
10-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I had the same problem: the shop replace a canister to resolve code that caused the stalls and rough starts eve though it has started again. But for the clatter sound if it causing your rear tire to vibrate as you take off ( have someone look at you take off) that might be a complete trany rebuild like they also did to my bike but make sure the oil is completely cleaned off the bottom of the bike they are dome thAt will look like an oil leak latter good luck and I hope you don't need your bike for about two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)