PDA

View Full Version : Time for a trip to SKYLINE??

ValCruzSpyder
10-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Wifey is getting a little antsy about wanting to get up to Skyline Drive. Anybody interested in getting a ride together this weekend? :clap::chat:

SNOOPY
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Do you ride all the way there or trailer it?

I've been wanting to go to the Parkway, but the wife just isn't super interested.

We would probably trailer it most of the way there being new riders.

ARtraveler
10-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Attached is a picture of our Skyline Drive--from the top of the road.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33012&d=1316906920 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1347&attachmentid=33011)

ValCruzSpyder
10-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Do you ride all the way there or trailer it?

I've been wanting to go to the Parkway, but the wife just isn't super interested.

We would probably trailer it most of the way there being new riders.

You can trailer up to Waynesboro, grab a room at the Super 8 (Pretty nice), and then hit the Parkway at the South Gate and take it to the North Gate...about a three hour scenic ride. But then you have to get back down to Waynesboro to get the trailer. My wife and I are kicking around the idea of just riding up on Saturday morning, taking breaks on the way. Hit the South Gate, and do Skyline all the way to the North Gate, then find a hotel for the night. Head back to Va. Beach on Sunday morning...taking our sweet time...no rush. What do you think? Sound good?

ValCruzSpyder
10-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Attached is a picture of our Skyline Drive--from the top of the road.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33012&d=1316906920 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1347&attachmentid=33011)
:yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::firstplace:

SNOOPY
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
You can trailer up to Waynesboro, grab a room at the Super 8 (Pretty nice), and then hit the Parkway at the South Gate and take it to the North Gate...about a three hour scenic ride. But then you have to get back down to Waynesboro to get the trailer. My wife and I are kicking around the idea of just riding up on Saturday morning, taking breaks on the way. Hit the South Gate, and do Skyline all the way to the North Gate, then find a hotel for the night. Head back to Va. Beach on Sunday morning...taking our sweet time...no rush. What do you think? Sound good?

Sounds good.

Ive never been on. Skyline drive,only. Blue ridge Parkway a million times.

Also, the longest ride we have been on so far is about an hour...still trying to get my wrist use to the throttle. Lol

Wish this thing had a thumb throttle. :roflblack:

spyder-dude
10-23-2013, 03:42 AM
I live at the beginning of the skyline drive and blueridge parkway (5 miles from Waynesboro). I would be available to ride Sunday but not Saturday as I have a day planned with my 7 year old while my wife is out of town with our 16 year old. He won't get on my spyder yet but hoping he will on my new 2014 RTS as I think he will feel more secure. Though would be glad to meet up for coffee/breakfast at least if you were coming Saturday in Waynesboro.

SpyRyd
10-23-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm interested. Think the Skyline will be super busy, especially on the weekend? What route you thinking about taking to Waynesboro...slab or "back roads"? Thanks for the post.

ARtraveler
10-23-2013, 01:02 PM
:yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::firstplace:

Please post some pictures of your ryde. I know that is a beautiful drive to take--but have never had the pleasure of riding that area.

ValCruzSpyder
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm interested. Think the Skyline will be super busy, especially on the weekend? What route you thinking about taking to Waynesboro...slab or "back roads"? Thanks for the post.

We are leaving Virginia Beach at 0700 on Saturday. We will be slab surfing up to Cracker Barrel on Jefferson Blvd. for breakfast. More slabbing up 64, stopping for the much needed bathroom break at the Rest Area. Then on to the South Gate. Plenty of breaks along the way. Once there, we will cruise Skyline all the way to the North Gate in Front Royal. Depending on the time and how my wife feels, we will either head back or grab a room for the night. She wants to take the back roads on the way back, so we will more than likely spend Saturday night in Front Royal and head out in the morning. If you are up for it, we can meet at Cracker Barrel. PM for phone number. SpyRyd, Snoopy, SpyderDude, and all the other ryders in the Hampton Roads area, (as well as anyone who wants to join up), hope to see you guys on this trip.
:yes::clap::yes::D

SNOOPY
10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
We've talked about driving up....in our truck. Too far for us to ride being new drivers on the bike, and wife has no MC license yet.

Being that it is right in season and we don't have reservations anywhere, not sure we will even attempt it. :(