PDA

View Full Version : What Octane Fuel Does Your Spyder Drink Most of the Time?

AZLife
10-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Trying to keep this poll a bit more on the generalized side, not taking particular Spyder models into consideration:

03hdjill
10-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Trying to keep this poll a bit more on the generalized side, not taking particular Spyder models into consideration:
If the station has 91 octane we use it, but most stations near us only sell 87,89, or 93. In that case we buy 93.

bscrive
10-22-2013, 05:24 AM
I try to steer away from ethanol when I can. If the high octane is free of ethanol I will put that in. If they all have ethanol than I will just put in regular 87.

cuznjohn
10-22-2013, 05:51 AM
mobil or exxon 93

Dan McNally
10-22-2013, 05:56 AM
I've discovered a couple places that sell ethanol-free 87 octane, so I mix it and premium, half and half . . . I get higher octane than 87 and less ethanol that way . . .

Spyder ri
10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
93 plus Seafoam in every tank.

eagleeye299
10-22-2013, 06:24 AM
91 if the station has it, if not then 93. I always try to stick with the big name brand stations. I will use Seafoam if I know I won't be riding for a few weeks.

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 06:41 AM
At the most; it's a four-gallon refuel...
I'll put in 93 every time! :thumbup:

spydaman60
10-22-2013, 07:18 AM
89 and no problems!

jcthorne
10-22-2013, 07:33 AM
You guys do know BRP specifies 91 Octane minimum. At least they do on the 2013 RT so I assumed it has been the same for others.

tigerdr
10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
87 for me and no problem after 66 000 kilometers. BRP specify 87 minimum and 91 recommended.

Once a month, I use 94.

TIGERDR
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan McNally
10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
You guys do know BRP specifies 91 Octane minimum. At least they do on the 2013 RT so I assumed it has been the same for others.

According to my manual, they recommend 91 octane and list 87 octane as the minimum. By mixing 50/50 with 93 octane and 87 ethanol free, I get 90 octane with half the ethanol . . .

wftb
10-22-2013, 08:20 AM
if you are using premium in your bike , car , or boat and it is not recommended by the MFR , all you are doing is gumming up your engine .and wasting money .it is not "better gas " it is designed to take longer to ignite to avoid detonation in high compression /boosted engines .it does not burn clean or completely in an engine that does not need it .my 2009 GS runs great on regular gas . two up riding and towing a trailer would increase the temps inside most engines and then a higher octane is a good idea .our honda pilot gets premium when we are towing the boat .

WhiteFang
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
6300 miles - use 89 octane -- tried 4 tanks of 93 octane(no 91 in upper Illinois/lower Wisc area)-- dropped almost 3 mpg-- average 34-35 with 89 octane , 32-33 with 93 octane -- all driving was the same -- may just be the fuel up here! 2012 RT-S SM5.

Knarfoh
10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
When you assume.. . you make an ass-u-me. Just kidding! Right out of the owner's manual for the 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5.

Things do change, I guess. I understand while we are warned in the manual that gasoline is extremely flammable, that is not the case for the 2013 Models. Ignore those pictures of 2013's going up in flames!

http://www.knarfoh.com/images/2012_Can-Am_Spyder_RT-S_Fuel_Requirements.PNG

AZLife
10-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Very interesting results and comments. I knew this would be a controversial poll. I myself have been using 87 octane the "majority" of the time, but mix it up a bit throughout the month just to give my beautiful Blue Recluse a "treat"....

Keep the comments coming, please!

03hdjill
10-22-2013, 09:10 AM
When you assume.. . you make an ass-u-me. Just kidding! Right out of the owner's manual for the 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5.

Things do change, I guess. I understand while we are warned in the manual that gasoline is extremely flammable, that is not the case for the 2013 Models. Ignore those pictures of 2013's going up in flames!

http://www.knarfoh.com/images/2012_Can-Am_Spyder_RT-S_Fuel_Requirements.PNG
Well, the Operator's Guide for the 2013 ST states on page 47 that the recommended octane is 91 with a minimum of 87.

Knarfoh
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Well, the Operator's Guide for the 2013 ST states on page 47 that the recommended octane is 91 with a minimum of 87.
Yes, I saw that. I looked it up before I responded originally. So what is your point?

The thread is about what octane we are using. Someone said...

He said, I ASSUMED IT HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR OTHERS. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

I am not doubting the 2013 manual said what he said....I am just confused how he made the assumption it applied to previous model years?

One reason people might want to know what grade of gas to use is if a 2013 owner wants to UPGRADE his model to a 2012. LOL. They may be wanting to know what grade of fuel is recommended.

GO HERE TO FIND ALL MANUALS ON BRP'S WEBSITE (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/guides-and-information.html)

BRP calls them Operator Guides (must be a Canadian thing). You can bypass sharing your EMAIL address if you want and you will still be taken to the correct page.

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 11:30 AM
.my 2009 GS runs great on regular gas . two up riding and towing a trailer would increase the temps inside most engines and then a higher octane is a good idea
And I believe that the bikes running the 990 series engines were set up to run on 87 as the suggested fuel... The 991 series engines; which were introduced with the RT lineup in 2010, are set up to use the suggested 91 octane fuels...

Chupaca
10-22-2013, 11:35 AM
what you can find here. Mostly 91 though for a treat I will get a tank of racing fuel. One place I have found that has it. Back roads hill country may only carry 87 then run some sea foam. She seems very happy..!! :thumbup:

finless
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
My 2011 manual says 91 recommended, 87 minimum.
I am using 87. I tried 93 a few times and to me my spyder seemed to run a little rougher and hotter.

Bob

BajaRon
10-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I use 93 when I can get it but 91 is more common. I know there are a lot of people who use 87 or 89 and they are happy with it. Many claim they can't tell any difference and I understand that.

But if you'll notice, the BRP recommendation is MINIMUM 87 which means the Spyder will run on 87, but that at least 91 octane is optimal.

The bigger story is that the computer will compensate for low octane fuels. It does this by retarding the ignition which reduces power and efficiency. But it still 'Runs Fine'. In colder climates, when riding easy or when lightly loaded the effect is probably minimal or nonexistent.

But as temperatures rise, or if you're working the engine a bit more or heavily loaded (2 up or towing a trailer), the computer is probably going to have to do a lot of compromising to keep the lower octane fuel working well in your Spyder.

I use the higher octane fuel because I want the computer to keep my engine tuned at the optimal ignition advance. It would be great to have an indicator which told me how much, if any, the computer was retarding ignition to prevent knock.

In addition, I've proven to myself that I get better fuel mileage with at least 91 octane which partially offsets the additional cost.

BajaRon
10-22-2013, 11:50 AM
93 plus Seafoam in every tank.

I used to do the same thing (though I didn't put Seafoam into every tank). Until I discovered that there is quite a bit of alcohol in SeaFoam fuel treatment. Ethanol is a form of alcohol. I certainly didn't want more alcohol in my tank! :yikes:

So I quit using SeaFoam fuel treatment in my gas tank.

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 11:52 AM
I noticed the same thing; I experimented with 87 several years ago, and there was a noticelable drop in fuel economy... over 2 mpg! :shocked:

flaggerphil
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
When I first bought my RT I used 87. After a couple of months I started using 93 (91 isn't that common around here). My mileage increased a bit and the engine seemed to run better. Since the tank isn't that big using the recommended octane doesn't hurt me financially at all.

finless
10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Actually I misspoke. It's 89 I have been using not 87.
I did not notice any difference in mileage between 89 and 93 but again my spyder seemed to run rougher and hotter on 93.
I will try 91 for a few tanks and see what I see.

Bob

CurtG
10-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Started out using 87 most of the time, long about our trip to DC in May I switched to 91 or 93 depending on the station. Engine seems happier and the mileage went up. Never did use Seafoam seemed silly to add alcohol to deal with alcohol. Will use Startron or Stabil for storage when it get too :cus:y to ride this winter, but for the most part don't use anything during riding season as the gas doesn't stay in the tank long enough to mater ;). At some of the stations (nation brands) around here the high test is rumored to not have ethanol added to it one of these days I'll either make or get a tester and check that out. Much too busy having fun right now.

Ride and ride safe,

BajaRon
10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Actually I misspoke. It's 89 I have been using not 87.
I did not notice any difference in mileage between 89 and 93 but again my spyder seemed to run rougher and hotter on 93.
I will try 91 for a few tanks and see what I see.

Bob

It is odd that your engine would have trouble and run hotter with higher octane. It could be you got a bad batch. Premium fuel does not get pumped nearly as much as the lower grades. It is important to get your fuel from a station that has a lot of customers so you're getting fresh fuel. Especially if you're using ethanol fuel as it doesn't last nearly as long as straight gas.

It's also a good idea to get it from pumps that have dedicated hoses. Otherwise, you're probably getting a volume of 87 octane left from the previous customer from the tank valve to to the nozzle.

maww12
10-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Only ride two up and only use 93 octane. Only holds four gallons so the extra cost is not a big deal to me. When it gets low we stop and fill up and enjoy the ride. Runs great boss is happy so whos complaining.

Chelle Crane
10-22-2013, 03:58 PM
On the 2008 GS I use 87 was never told to use 93 and it's been fine . My new ST -Limited only gets 93. I am hoping our weather breaks up a bit so I can ride more before the snow comes.:yikes:

nhoj
10-22-2013, 04:18 PM
In the 2014 Operator Guides they have eliminated the minimum 87 allowed. If I remember correctly only 91 or higher is specified.

I had checked the 2014 RT's & ST's.

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
The ST and RS bikes got the 991 series engine last year; that's why you only see 91 octane being recommended now...

jcthorne
11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
According to my manual, they recommend 91 octane and list 87 octane as the minimum. By mixing 50/50 with 93 octane and 87 ethanol free, I get 90 octane with half the ethanol . . .

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this but NO, the minimum octane on the 2013 RT is 91. Please read the engine and emissions certification label under the seat and next to the gas cap. The owners manual is out of date and has been updated for the 2014s. The actual label on the bike takes precedence to any printed material. If the manuals are updated they just publish new ones as can, if the bike requirements as shown on the certification label actually change, a recall has to be issued to apply a new label.

The minimum octane requirement for 2013 RT is 91.

Oh, just FYI, if you mix 50/50 87 octane and 93, you get 89. Octane is a logarithmic scale, not linear. The 'plus' grade sold at most pumps is indeed a roughly 50/50 mix of the two. Only two grades are delivered to the station.

tigerdr
11-04-2013, 07:13 AM
87 and 94 when available.

Highwayman2013
11-04-2013, 07:49 AM
89 most of the time, 91 once in a while. See no difference.

rcantrell52
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
We use 93 on every tank.
Reese

bikeguy
11-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I usually run the highest octane available. That is usually 91 but sometimes 93. In some smaller towns around here there will only be one station and the only fuel available is 87 octane with up to 10% ethanol. I don't like it but if that's all that's available, that's what I run. I honestly cannot tell any difference in performance or fuel economy between 87 and 93. There are no stations anywhere close to me that sell straight gasoline with no ethanol. Seems strange since I am in the middle of the oil patch. You would think that oil people would want to promote their product, but I guess not.

Cotton

recordingguy
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I started using 87 this last summer while out east. My mileage increased when using the lower octane fuel for some reason. Even in the mountains I did not notice any difference in performance with my RT. Go figure! Still using Shell 87 octane now. May every ride is different. Bob :sour:

Dan McNally
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to this but NO, the minimum octane on the 2013 RT is 91. Please read the engine and emissions certification label under the seat and next to the gas cap. The owners manual is out of date and has been updated for the 2014s. The actual label on the bike takes precedence to any printed material. If the manuals are updated they just publish new ones as can, if the bike requirements as shown on the certification label actually change, a recall has to be issued to apply a new label.

The minimum octane requirement for 2013 RT is 91.

Oh, just FYI, if you mix 50/50 87 octane and 93, you get 89. Octane is a logarithmic scale, not linear. The 'plus' grade sold at most pumps is indeed a roughly 50/50 mix of the two. Only two grades are delivered to the station.

Thanks for pointing that out, jctthorne. I had been using this calculator, which showed that 3 gallons of 87 and 3 gallons of 93 would give 6 gallons of 90 Octane. http://www.wallaceracing.com/octane-mix-calc.php . . . My concern was what ethanol is doing to the engine, which is why I mixed. I just looked at the label under my seat, and, sure enough, it says 91 Octane is minimum. It seems that something this important would be pointed out by the dealer when the Spyder was purchased . . . or BRP would have printed a single page addendum to the manual and directed dealers to insert it in the owners manual . . . or even included a mention of the error in the owner's manual in the welcome package . . . I guess its 91 or 93 from now on . . . I sure hope the government doesn't force 15% ethanol on us!

johnwinslow
11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I am in Maine and non ethanol fuel is available at some airports it is 93 octane with no alcohol. I get better than 40 mpg when I use it in my 2011 RTS, with after market exhaust an modified intake. the problem is I have to fill gas cans as they do not allow you to fill directly into a car truck or motorcycle. New Hampshire does allow it to be pumped direct, and if you are near a raceway you can get higher octane direct from the pump. three cheers for the states that allow no ethanol high octane gas. My :spyder2: loves it

Michael211_2000
11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
I put 89 octane in my 2012 RS... when I tried a tank of 87 octane it tended to backfire when downshifting, 89 octane doesn't seem to have that effect so I stick with it. I tried 1 tank full of 93 octane but it didn't seem any different than the 89 octane I could not tell the difference, so I settled on 89 from now on.

The minimum octane rating is printed on a tag underneith the seat in small print... where do you find fuel with less than 87 octane rating anyhows? I don't get that, if 87 is the minimum recommended does that mean somebody sells fuel with less than an 87 rating? :dontknow:

- Michael

Michael211_2000
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
My concern was what ethanol is doing to the engine, which is why I mixed.

Seriously, it's not doing anything to your engine as long as you're routinely driving the vehicle. Ethanol becomes a problem if you let it sit for weeks (or months) on end it starts to break down the fuel molecules and attracts moisture. So as long as you're actively driving the Spyder weekly, don't worry about it... if however you live in an area where you park it for the winter, then ABSOLUTELY treat the fuel with Stabil (or another fuel stabilizer like SeaFoam etc.) run the engine for a short drive (to get the treated fuel completely thru the fuel lines and fuel system!) then park cover and put your battery on a battery tender. It'll be just fine come springtime. Otherwise yeah you could have expensive problems by next spring!

If I had a choice yeah I'd prefer ethanol-free fuel, the stuff doesn't DO anything for your money it's just a filler adding volume to the fuel but no energy content. In the Houston area I've not seen a fuel pump that didn't state up to 10% Ethanol in decades already... Arghhh! I hate the stuff, it's a waste of money in the fuel tank and drives up corn prices which causes our food to cost more since livestock feeds depend on corn largely... :banghead:

- Michael

jcthorne
11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, jctthorne. I had been using this calculator, which showed that 3 gallons of 87 and 3 gallons of 93 would give 6 gallons of 90 Octane. http://www.wallaceracing.com/octane-mix-calc.php . . . My concern was what ethanol is doing to the engine, which is why I mixed. I just looked at the label under my seat, and, sure enough, it says 91 Octane is minimum. It seems that something this important would be pointed out by the dealer when the Spyder was purchased . . . or BRP would have printed a single page addendum to the manual and directed dealers to insert it in the owners manual . . . or even included a mention of the error in the owner's manual in the welcome package . . . I guess its 91 or 93 from now on . . . I sure hope the government doesn't force 15% ethanol on us!

I completely agree on the 15% ethanol. Here in southeast Texas, all gas has 10% ethanol so mixing still has 10%. Ethanol does increase effective octane and is the main ingredient in my cheap octane boosters. Lots of other problems if the materials are not correct. I tend not to worry about the ethanol as there is little I can do about it. When it causes problems, you fix it.

I suppose you found one thing Mancuso did right for me. They did point out the octane requirement. Now if they had a service department that knew or cared about Spyders....

jcthorne
11-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I put 89 octane in my 2012 RS... when I tried a tank of 87 octane it tended to backfire when downshifting, 89 octane doesn't seem to have that effect so I stick with it. I tried 1 tank full of 93 octane but it didn't seem any different than the 89 octane I could not tell the difference, so I settled on 89 from now on.

The minimum octane rating is printed on a tag underneith the seat in small print... where do you find fuel with less than 87 octane rating anyhows? I don't get that, if 87 is the minimum recommended does that mean somebody sells fuel with less than an 87 rating? :dontknow:

- Michael

Yes, in states with higher elevations they get away with it. See lots of it in NM and CO. 85 is common. In a normally aspirated engine, many can get away with it if you stay at the higher elevation where the air density is lower.

Silvervette05
11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I use regular gas

RTVIPER
11-08-2013, 11:19 PM
and runs great. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

BMWpilot
11-08-2013, 11:41 PM

ZRCAT600
11-08-2013, 11:59 PM
I try to use 91 non oxygenated gas when ever possible.

jcthorne
11-09-2013, 08:22 AM

Take a look at the emissions label next to your gas cap, at least on the 2013 RTs the owners manual is out of date or incorrect. Let us know what the label on your ST says.

Flanker
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM

missouriboy
11-09-2013, 03:05 PM
The closest station to me had 93 and it was giving me 29.x MPG all summer. Then I found the next closest one had 91 so I've been using that for 8-10 tanks now, and it gives me 31.x!

The only other difference I can think of is the temperature is about 10 degrees cooler now, but I doubt if that matters. I'm happy with the extra 2 mpg!

ptbperegrine
01-05-2014, 02:00 AM
In Oz, premium fuel is 98 octane and on my few outings so far, that's what I've used on the basis of "Most distance per tank".
The Redback (Aussie spider related to the Black Widow) seemed very happy on this fuel...
(small sample size at this point!)

RyderJCF
01-05-2014, 03:35 AM
93 octane for my Bronze Beauty:):yes::thumbup:

daveinva
01-05-2014, 09:35 AM
87 in my 2010 RS. I never got any increase in mileage/performance with higher octane gas, so I don't waste my money. (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/01/paying-for-premium-gas-can-be-a-waste-of-money/index.htm)

That said, I buy gas without ethanol every chance I get, I *do* get significantly better mileage when I do. Sadly, no such stations near me, but I always get to treat my Spyder nice when I hop out to West Virginia for the twisties.

usn97ret
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
I, along with most of the other Spyder owners in Colorado use 87 octane.

KX5062
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
In my 2008 GS I run only 87 octane. I've tried higher octane fuels, but they seem to offer no increase in performance and do decrease the MPG. I tested it fairly carefully over different riding conditions at various times and it is consistent in decreasing the fuel mileage with the higher octane.

And, whenever possible it is real gas for me too. :2thumbs:

happyspyder2039
01-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I, along with most of the other Spyder owners in Colorado use 87 octane.
I have run 91 since I got my 2012 RT-S

Purple Guy
01-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I try to stick to ESSO gas up here and only use 91 octane

Deanna777
01-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I have a 2012 RTS-SE5 My owners manual( page 47) says: Inside Untied States Recommend 91 Octane Minimum 87 Octane. I use 93 or 91 Octane depending where I fill-up.

Deanna777

bmccaffrey
01-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I have 2013 Rs and run 93 octane. Tried non ethanol lost mileage takes time for computer to adjust and non ethanol is tough to find up here.
I also ron Ace additive which took my mileage from 34 to 39 mpg and with top brand fuel 41 mpg.
GREAT STUFF:yes:

missouriboy
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM
...I also ron Ace additive which took my mileage from 34 to 39 mpg and with top brand fuel 41 mpg.
GREAT STUFF:yes:Ace what additive? Tell us more, please... what is it, where do you get it? Is it a consistent 15-17% mileage improvement, or just a couple-tanks fluke?

Thanks in advance... :bowdown:

Rid'nrandy
01-05-2014, 07:43 PM
We use 91
Used 87 a couple times and it definitely negatively affected the way it ran.

Dragonfly
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I use 91 at a minimum. However I will not refuel at a station that has only one nozzle for multiple octane levels since the first gallon is going to be most likely the lower octane level. I use "acar" on my Android Phone to track my mileage

OJ UK
01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
It's my belief that in Europe and Australia/NewZealand the fuel companies use a different math to calculate octane ratings. SO....
here in the UK I run the Spyder on both the 93 octane and 97 octane fuel and I find that the higher octane gives a tad more 'punch'
to the acceleration while the 93 gives better mileage. So really it's more of a case of quid pro quo and it depends what your requirements are.
You can overdo the use of high octane fuel as it burns at a higher temperature and gives limited advantages.
On early gas engines you could burn out valves by using 'over the top' high octane fuel and although I don't think that that would be a problem
with modern fuel injected engines, there is, it seems, a point of limited/ minimal returns using the higher octane stuff.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

bmccaffrey
01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Ace whait will tell u all a additive? Tell us more, please... what is it, where do you get it? Is it a consistent 15-17% mileage improvement, or just a couple-tanks fluke?

Thanks in advance.. $ o . :bowdown:

If you google Aces fuel additive It will tell u all about it. Will take 87 to 96 89to 98 93 to 102 octane. Is also a lubricant reduces bore ring and valve wear by 600%. Increase mpg average 14%. 1 oz. 6gal. It is also a stabilizer. Used all summer love It. Little pricey but worth every penny.:yes:

BajaRon
01-05-2014, 09:23 PM
If you google Aces fuel additive It will tell u all about it. Will take 87 to 96 89to 98 93 to 102 octane. Is also a lubricant reduces bore ring and valve wear by 600%. Increase mpg average 14%. 1 oz. 6gal. It is also a stabilizer. Used all summer love It. Little pricey but worth every penny.:yes:

Doesn't seem to be too many purchase options other than directly from the company.

Chupaca
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Mostly 91 if not a available on the backwoods 87 and as a treat a tank of racing fuel..all in all average 33 MPG...:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bruiser
01-05-2014, 10:48 PM
93 octane.

ARtraveler
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
I always put in the highest octane available at the station where I am refueling. In most cases its 91 here in Alaska. I do notice a difference in performance if I use 87.

bmccaffrey
01-06-2014, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=BajaRon;739643Doesn't seem to be too many purchase options other than directly from the company.[/QUOTE]

If you or anyone are Interested in purchasing some it can be purchased at Hudons Sled Salvage in Barneveld NY 315- 896-2217. Can ship UPS:clap:

BajaRon
01-08-2014, 02:27 PM
If you or anyone are Interested in purchasing some it can be purchased at Hudons Sled Salvage in Barneveld NY 315- 896-2217. Can ship UPS:clap:

Just got off the phone with Brian, the owner. He spent quite a bit of time with me. Obviously, he lives this stuff!

I am very interested in his products and I've ordered the Aces IV (Gasoline additive) and Aces II (Diesel additive). I will run both and report back. If they do what he claims it will be quite an improvement over what I've been using.

Always looking for a better mouse trap!

SNOOPY
01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Why is the poll closed? :sour:

Bob Denman
01-08-2014, 05:54 PM
I always feed the beast 93 octane...
Just in case the question of fuel quality comes into play; I figure that I may have bought myself a bit of "wiggle room" with it! nojoke

bmccaffrey
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Just got off the phone with Brian, the owner. He spent quite a bit of time with me. Obviously, he lives this stuff!

I am very interested in his products and I've ordered the Aces IV (Gasoline additive) and Aces II (Diesel additive). I will run both and report back. If they do what he claims it will be quite an improvement over what I've been using.

Always looking for a better mouse trap!

Yes Brian is very smart. Don't think you will be disappointed

Cruzr Joe
01-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Always use 93 or better when available, non ethenol if possible

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BajaRon
01-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Yes Brian is very smart. Don't think you will be disappointed

I have a good feeling about it. But at this point, that's all it is. Still, I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't think there was great potential there.

He's a lot smarter than I. But what I do know he was right on about. And when he strayed from what I know he made a lot of sense. He's not claiming his stuff will cure the common cold and give you a 50% increase in power at the same time. His claims are reasonable and he really seems to know his stuff.

I know that most everything out there is low priced snake oil selling at a huge profit margin. The Aces products are expensive dollar wise but if they perform, they will more than pay for themselves.

One thing that surprised me is the scope of products they produce. I will most certainly be trying some of his other offerings.

It's amazing what you can learn here on Spyderlovers.com... :thumbup:

AZLife
01-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Why is the poll closed? :sour:

I originally created this poll, not sure why I closed it so soon. Is there a way to open it back up again?

SNOOPY
01-09-2014, 06:12 AM
I think you would have to have LaMont reopen it.

Bob Denman
01-09-2014, 08:25 AM
There may be some sort of built-in time limitation on just how long they remain open...
Do you know the date that it closed?
(October 22nd was the start date.)

missouriboy
01-09-2014, 11:14 PM
If you google Aces fuel additive It will tell u all about it. Will take 87 to 96 89to 98 93 to 102 octane. Is also a lubricant reduces bore ring and valve wear by 600%. Increase mpg average 14%. 1 oz. 6gal. It is also a stabilizer. Used all summer love It. Little pricey but worth every penny.:yes:Thank You for this post! I did Google it, and spent a lot of enjoyable time learning from it. I was ready to respond that I would try it, document my results, and report back to you and all the other amazing people here!

Then I saw someone's post elsewhere about the high price, and also couldn't find anyplace local to obtain a small amount (like less than a whole gallon...)

Now I also see BajaRon's posts, and I'm still very interested in this product, although it seems to be mostly intended for high-volume users such as fleets, etc. I'm watching for any more developments now...

Thanks again for the info, and to BajaRon for his input and diligence. I just know I'm about to learn more about something interesting and useful. From SPYDERLOVERS!

bmccaffrey
01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Thank You for this post! I did Google it, and spent a lot of enjoyable time learning from it. I was ready to respond that I would try it, document my results, and report back to you and all the other amazing people here!

Then I saw someone's post elsewhere about the high price, and also couldn't find anyplace local to obtain a small amount (like less than a whole gallon...)

Now I also see BajaRon's posts, and I'm still very interested in this product, although it seems to be mostly intended for high-volume users such as fleets, etc. I'm watching for any more developments now...

Thanks again for the info, and to BajaRon for his input and diligence. I just know I'm about to learn more about something interesting and useful. From SPYDERLOVERS!

We sell 16oz containers at Hudons Sled and Salvage 315-896-2217 Will ship UPS.
Brian is working on selling smaller amounts if he hasn't already. He realizes it is expensive and people are skeptical with so much stuff on the market that doesn't work. That's why he is going to do smaller amounts so people can try.