PDA

View Full Version : this had to hurt

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
this has blood in it so PLEASE if you are faint of heart or don't like to see pain PLEASE don't look

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=24113d89dfd8

SNOOPY
10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
:yikes:

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
:shocked: I'm wondering what he was using as a backstop, to get that sort of ricochet back at him? :shocked:

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 05:19 PM
i am wondering if it is a put on

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
That looked like a pretty decent wound; there was also a definite impact noise... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif

wyliec
10-21-2013, 05:22 PM
He's lucky he's not missing an eyeball.

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
That was my FIRST horrific thought... :yikes:
Then I saw that huge bloody lump, and thought; well that ought to teach him... :shocked:

wyliec
10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
i am wondering if it is a put on

That was definitely a flap of skin at the wound site. If it was a put on, he did a good job.

SNOOPY
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Okay, I'm getting sick now....thanks...

Dan McNally
10-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I've seen some of his videos, before . . . he does a lot of "toys" on You Tube . . . . I believe this was real.

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM

sorry snoop but i did warn you

Dan McNally
10-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Found him . . . he is "The Slingshot Channel" on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Found him . . . he is "The Slingshot Channel" on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave

i tell you this guy is dangerous if some kids find his site, i could see some kids making some of this stuff and hurting people

Dan McNally
10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
i tell you this guy is dangerous if some kids find his site, i could see some kids making some of this stuff and hurting people
We were making dangerous stuff as kids long before this guy was born . . . one of our favorites was taking empty CO2 cartridges, cutting the end off with a hack saw, and stuffing them with match heads . . . then we'd set up a length of pipe as a barrel, aim it and touch a match to the end of the cartridge :trike:. . . made a great blast and we never did find a cartridge we had launched . . . they really took off! Yet, at 65, my cousin and I still have all our eyes and fingers . . . . amazing, isn't it?

Spyder_Cowgirl
10-21-2013, 08:45 PM
:shocked: I'm wondering what he was using as a backstop, to get that sort of ricochet back at him? :shocked:

Bob ... I don't think it was the backstop that bounced it. More likely the champagne bottle -- those suckers are thicker than a regular bottle and made from some VERY hard glass. They have to be to hold pressure, especially if the champagne is carbonated using "old world" methods with a dosage in each bottle. Even champagne made with modern methods (charged with CO-2 gas) is still bottled in the traditional thick / hard glass bottle.
Based on how that wound looked, I'd say he's lucky if he doesn't have some bone fragments in his brain! nojoke Pretty gruesome ... but we WERE warned!

Best Regards ... Ann

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
We were making dangerous stuff as kids long before this guy was born . . . one of our favorites was taking empty CO2 cartridges, cutting the end off with a hack saw, and stuffing them with match heads . . . then we'd set up a length of pipe as a barrel, aim it and touch a match to the end of the cartridge :trike:. . . made a great blast and we never did find a cartridge we had launched . . . they really took off! Yet, at 65, my cousin and I still have all our eyes and fingers . . . . amazing, isn't it?

we used glass cigar tubes to do the same thing when we were kids

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Snoopy, eat some grass; clean your guts out, and go roll in a dead animal a bit... You'll be fine! :thumbup:

ValCruzSpyder
10-22-2013, 05:51 PM
This brings back memories! Bad ones, albeit!!! Happened to me as a youngster. I was as fortunate as this guy...only got a splitting headache, and kept both eyes in my sockets. Mom wasn't too happy, though! It's amazing how something like this gives you a new respect for slingshots!!;)

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 08:49 PM
:lecturef_smilie:
"You'll shoot your eye out"". :roflblack: