PDA

View Full Version : "SPY PHOTO OF THINGS TO COME"

MrLooney
10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Is it a UFS?
Unidentified Fast Spyder!

I was out cruising the countryside enjoying the Great NW Sunny Autumn Days and taking pictures of the beautiful colors of leaves this past weekend. When I suddenly noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I had to go back to see what it was. Pulling up to the locked gate I could see in the distance a Roadster sitting there. It was familiar yet very odd looking there by the garage.

It seems to say “Look At Me How Proud I Am” and soon realized something quite different about it!

Can you see?
Is it a Hybrid of a new Mod?
Or what?

I wanted to talk to someone about it, but no one around.
I could definitely see the shocks were standing much taller than other Roadsters. So I wanted to know what they were doing.

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 12:05 PM
It's got some body panels pulled off of it.

ARtraveler
10-21-2013, 12:59 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: is all I can come up with at the moment. What kind of facility was it in front of? Maybe that could be a clue.

Chupaca
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
due to the shock modification the front side panels will no longer fit. Without them the center panels look like scoops. Elkas are expensive so maybe he just installed some monroes...:roflblack:

MrLooney
10-21-2013, 03:07 PM
due to the shock modification the front side panels will no longer fit. Without them the center panels look like scoops. Elkas are expensive so maybe he just installed some monroes...:roflblack:

CHUPACA
BOB D
AKSpyderman

Look close at the shocks, they look like stock RS~S shocks.
I am guessing the tupperware has to be trimmed for shock clearance.
ALSO note the bottom of the shocks! There is a bracket there moving the bottom in about an inch?
This has got to really make those shocks work like the should.
I'm wondering how this RS Handles!
It was parked in front of a private residence in the country. House up front and the garage set to the back of the house.

I for one am wondering what goes on inside of that garage!?!?

Tx web rider
10-21-2013, 03:09 PM
they look like stock shocks not elkas

for some reason someone removed the side front pods that hold the lower lights

it really slims down the front profile i like the slim look for the fat boy

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 03:12 PM
i don't know much about other spyders other than the rt i own, but could he/she be doing modifications for dirt track racing or dune racing or something like that

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
IMHO those front shocks have been moved to a considerably different ANGLE from stock 2013 or 2014 ...or anything I've ever seen on any other Spyder.... Could be BRP is experimenting with and testing an angle even more Radical than the current Stock frame currently being used , after all they moved the shock more upright for a reason. Maybe further is Better........and yes Bob you are extremely observent there are panels missing also, But that wasn't the first thing I noticed ....Thanks :hun: :gaah: :roflblack::roflblack:.....Mike :thumbup:

PaSpyderRyder
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Well Bob, That aws the first thing that I noticed is the side panels missing........ after all Bob's need to stick together

Thanks,
Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-22-2013, 06:41 PM
:thumbup: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bob Denman
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
:agree: :thumbup: :D

DrewNJ
10-22-2013, 10:42 PM
LOL...I wouldn't get to excited guys... Looks like someone is just playing with different shock positions.
We did the same over the summer with some custom upper and lower brackets for adjustments at the top and bottom of the shock. 3 different positions at the top and 2 at the bottom.
Even relocating just the top shock mount on an RS interferes with the plastic and the spring somewhat. The 2013's plastic has a cutout there for clearance (later they made it more of a form fit transition) but when you move the top and bottom mounts you'd have to cut quite a bit.
On another note we had quite a good laugh at the DC motorcycle show when the 13's were introduced. They had made some REALLY ugly plastic cuts to clear the springs on those bikes....:shocked: I'm sure it was just prototype to make the plastics fit.
What's funny is that after all the testing we did we ended up liking the "old" original position with an upgraded swaybar the best. Ended up being really a BIG waste of time...:roflblack: Oh-Well...:coffee:

Flanker
10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
LOL...I wouldn't get to excited guys... Looks like someone is just playing with different shock positions.
We did the same over the summer with some custom upper and lower brackets for adjustments at the top and bottom of the shock. 3 different positions at the top and 2 at the bottom.
Even relocating just the top shock mount on an RS interferes with the plastic and the spring somewhat. The 2013's plastic has a cutout there for clearance (later they made it more of a form fit transition) but when you move the top and bottom mounts you'd have to cut quite a bit.
On another note we had quite a good laugh at the DC motorcycle show when the 13's were introduced. They had made some REALLY ugly plastic cuts to clear the springs on those bikes....:shocked: I'm sure it was just prototype to make the plastics fit.
What's funny is that after all the testing we did we ended up liking the "old" original position with an upgraded swaybar the best. Ended up being really a BIG waste of time...:roflblack: Oh-Well...:coffee: Damnit, Drew!!! Here we were letting our feverish imaginations :yes: run absolutely AMOK with bootless and wildly inaccurate theorizing, and feckless speculation. Our drab lives, and our aimless existence, cluttered with too many prescription meds, and low T; cause us to CRAVE new and exciting things!!!! Like unidentified flying Spyders, owned by exotic adventurists (soon to be a reality series on Spike), with HUGE manly beards and other stuff. So THANKS for the big bucket of cold water, and cool observation!!! LOL!

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Damnit, Drew!!! Here we were letting our feverish imaginations :yes: run absolutely AMOK with bootless and wildly inaccurate theorizing, and feckless speculation. Our drab lives, and our aimless existence, cluttered with too many prescription meds, and low T; cause us to CRAVE new and exciting things!!!! Like unidentified flying Spyders, owned by exotic adventurists (soon to be a reality series on Spike), with HUGE manly beards and other stuff. So THANKS for the big bucket of cold water, and cool observation!!! LOL!

Well maybe you and Drew should get together and send your EXPERT KNOWLEDGE to the engineers at BRP because they designed the 2013 and 2014 frames with a more "upright" shock position. And then Len at Pitbull followed up with the BRACKETS that would do something similar for the pre-2013 frames, you should notify Lenny also.......I guess all the Spyderlover's here wasted an awfull lot of money on Pitbull's Product and their PRAISE for it was all wrong .............." not "...for the record I think BRP and Lenny did a great job in making the Spyder a better HANDLING machine............IMHO.....Mike

Bob Denman
10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Is Dee bringing you home the eXTRA-high test grade coffees again?? :coffee: :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Is Dee bringing you home the eXTRA-high test grade coffees again?? :coffee: :D

Well Robert maybe you haven't figuered this out yet.......But according to " Drew " & " Flanker " you got screwed when you bought those USELESS bracket's from Pitbull. Are you still smiling :D :p........Mike :thumbup:........... PS I believe BRP and Pitbull know what they are doing with the shock angle change

Bob Denman
10-23-2013, 10:33 AM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman as she kissed the cow. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_110.gif

DrewNJ
10-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Wow! That's fine. From now on I'll keep to myself. We wouldn't want anyone on this forum to not get their daily dose of kool-aid and follow along with all the other sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
10-23-2013, 10:54 AM
PM sent... :thumbup:

DrewNJ
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Damnit, Drew!!! Here we were letting our feverish imaginations :yes: run absolutely AMOK with bootless and wildly inaccurate theorizing, and feckless speculation. Our drab lives, and our aimless existence, cluttered with too many prescription meds, and low T; cause us to CRAVE new and exciting things!!!! Like unidentified flying Spyders, owned by exotic adventurists (soon to be a reality series on Spike), with HUGE manly beards and other stuff. So THANKS for the big bucket of cold water, and cool observation!!! LOL!

Haha. Good to see some people still have a good sense of humor AND an open mind.
What was funny is that when I first opened up the pic I thought it was my friends Spyder. He has the same colors and there were a handful of us running around early in the year with missing plastics as we fiddled around with different suspension setups.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Haha. Good to see some people still have a good sense of humor AND an open mind.
What was funny is that when I first opened up the pic I thought it was my friends Spyder. He has the same colors and there were a handful of us running around early in the year with missing plastics as we fiddled around with different suspension setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...Drew, I have an open mind. So I am very interested in learning why YOU think the engineers at BRP changed the frames of 2013 and 2014 models. Because it's your stated opinion that the shock angle on the original frame was BETTER. ? ? ?.........a concerned Spyderlover , Mike .............and Bob I've typed this in smaller print so you can read it without getting all upset ;)

Bob Denman
10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks Mike! It's perfect!! :2thumbs: :D

DrewNJ
10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
...Drew, I have an open mind. So I am very interested in learning why YOU think the engineers at BRP changed the frames of 2013 and 2014 models. Because it's your stated opinion that the shock angle on the original frame was BETTER. ? ? ?.........a concerned Spyderlover , Mike .............and Bob I've typed this in smaller print so you can read it without getting all upset ;)

Hey Mike,
While normally I would have no issues sharing what we have learned first hand while testing on our own machines, this time I'm going to pass. I really don't care to argue nor feel a need to convince you, and I certainly don't have anything to sell.
Do what works best for you and I'll do the same for me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey Mike,
While normally I would have no issues sharing what we have learned first hand while testing on our own machines, this time I'm going to pass. I really don't care to argue nor feel a need to convince you, and I certainly don't have anything to sell.
Do what works best for you and I'll do the same for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Excuse me Drew, but you are the one Bad Mouthing a great product created by the BEST BRP Spyder dealer on the Planet!!!!!!!!!.....Who created his product using the idea's from the BRP engineers.........and YOU claim it's a bunch of " whooey ".........I REALLY think you owe eveyone here an EXPLANATION......about why BRP and Lenny are WRONG in their collective thinking........C'mon you got on your SOAPBOX so don't WIMP out now :agree:....................................Maybe " FLANKER " wants to chime in here also ? ? ?......:clap: :2excited: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Flanker's fine; his presription meds were kicking in... :shocked:
I don't honestly think that he was "Bad Mouthing" anything... The part just wasn't giving him what he wanted; that's all. :shocked:

"What's funny is that after all the testing we did we ended up liking the "old" original position with an upgraded swaybar the best. Ended up being really a BIG waste of time...:roflblack: Oh-Well...:coffee:"

The "BIG waste of time", was just a reference to the testing procedure; that's all!

scott16119
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Excuse me Drew, but you are the one Bad Mouthing a great product created by the BEST BRP Spyder dealer on the Planet!!!!!!!!!.....Who created his product using the idea's from the BRP engineers.........and YOU claim it's a bunch of " whooey ".........I REALLY think you owe eveyone here an EXPLANATION......about why BRP and Lenny are WRONG in their collective thinking........C'mon you got on your SOAPBOX so don't WIMP out now :agree:....................................Maybe " FLANKER " wants to chime in here also ? ? ?......:clap: :2excited: :roflblack:

I went back to look one more time and still can't find the "Bad Mouthing" part you keep babbling about.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 06:05 PM
I went back to look one more time and still can't find the "Bad Mouthing" part you keep babbling about.

Well Scott , if Drew claims that BRP engineers and Lenny at Pitbull are wrong about changing the angle of the front shocks ........what would you call it a " "RECOMMENDATION " .......:hun:...............It appears to me that Drew is saying DON'T BOTHER BUYING PITBULL'S shock re-locators ......and I'm asking him WHY ! ! ! I think about 300 Spyderlover's have bought them and loved them and I think Drew owes THEM and explanation........................Mike :thumbup:

DrewNJ
10-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Whatever you say boss....haha.

scott16119
10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;711037] Well Scott , if Drew claims that BRP engineers and Lenny at Pitbull are wrong about changing the angle of the front shocks ........what would you call it a " "RECOMMENDATION " .......:hun:...............It appears to me that Drew is saying DON'T BOTHER BUYING PITBULL'S shock re-locators ......and I'm asking him WHY ! ! ! I think about 300 Spyderlover's have bought them and loved them and I think Drew owes THEM and explanation........................Mike :thumbup:[/QUOTE
Well you are reading something between the lines I didn't see. He did his own experimenting with shock locations and says it seemed to work just as good in the stock position as any position he tried. Did he say he tried the exact location Len is using or BRP is using on the 2013's? I still don't see what you are crying about, maybe you are just extremely sensitive, but it's ok. I' won't hurt your feelings by commenting further on this.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;711037] Well Scott , if Drew claims that BRP engineers and Lenny at Pitbull are wrong about changing the angle of the front shocks ........what would you call it a " "RECOMMENDATION " .......:hun:...............It appears to me that Drew is saying DON'T BOTHER BUYING PITBULL'S shock re-locators ......and I'm asking him WHY ! ! ! I think about 300 Spyderlover's have bought them and loved them and I think Drew owes THEM and explanation........................Mike :thumbup:[/QUOTE
Well you are reading something between the lines I didn't see. He did his own experimenting with shock locations and says it seemed to work just as good in the stock position as any position he tried. Did he say he tried the exact location Len is using or BRP is using on the 2013's? I still don't see what you are crying about, maybe you are just extremely sensitive, but it's ok. I' won't hurt your feelings by commenting further on this.

Scott ...(reading between the lines :hun:) ...Drew says changing the shock angle is useless....Brp engineers says it's right ......If this is beyond your thought process no one at Spyderlovers can help you out. .....I'm done here also :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 06:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif (He NEVER said that...)

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif (He NEVER said that...)

:yikes: :bowdown: Thanks a bunch Bob, correction made :thumbup: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :yes: :yes: :yes:....................and Bob are you planning to contact BRP to find out HOW you can change the frame on your NEW spyder to what Drew says it SHOULD be ...after all what do their ENGINEERS know about suspension DESIGN :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that the frame will work just fine for me and my needs... :D
But if it doesn't :shocked:; I'll have to find some top shock mount re-re-locator brackets! :roflblack:

MrLooney
10-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure that the frame will work just fine for me and my needs... :D
But if it doesn't :shocked:; I'll have to find some top shock mount re-re-locator brackets! :roflblack:

BOB
Maybe you can search out the owner of this bike in the pic above and invest in what he / she has done for Shock Angle Adjusters not only on the top but note the bottom too there are brackets moving in the bottoms of the shocks. :yikes: Then you and the Misses would never have to worry about mushy rides again. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 10:11 AM
"Mushy rides"??
You know my Missus??? :shocked: :roflblack:

MrLooney
10-24-2013, 10:21 AM
"Mushy rides"??
You know my Missus??? :shocked: :roflblack:

She is a legend in her own time!! :2thumbs:

and your best choice :yes: :yes:

More the Cushion

More the Pushin :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
:roflblack:
But I won't tellher that you said that... :opps: :thumbup:

bscrive
10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
:yikes: :bowdown: Thanks a bunch Bob, correction made :thumbup: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :yes: :yes: :yes:....................and Bob are you planning to contact BRP to find out HOW you can change the frame on your NEW spyder to what Drew says it SHOULD be ...after all what do their ENGINEERS know about suspension DESIGN :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack:

I do not understand your logic. If BRP engineers are so perfect why does BahaRon sell so many bars or why are so many Spyders out of alignment. Ordinary people can come up with great ideas and improvements. They don't need to be an engineer. BRP engineers do not know everything, if they did the 2013's would never of had a heat problem. All Drew said is that it didn't work for him.

Brian

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
I do not understand your logic. If BRP engineers are so perfect why does BahaRon sell so many bars or why are so many Spyders out of alignment. Ordinary people can come up with great ideas and improvements. They don't need to be an engineer. BRP engineers do not know everything, if they did the 2013's would never of had a heat problem. All Drew said is that it didn't work for him.

Brian Brian, welcome to the discussion. Who's LOGIC are you referring to ? ? ?.....and have you been following this thread from the beginning and reading ALL the posts ? ? ?........I don't remember seeing .......BRP, Engineers, & Perfect written together or in conjunction with each other ...........Also DREW said a DARN bit more than what you are saying was his remarks ................................in all friendliness ...Mike :thumbup:......................................... ........PS if you want to have an in-depth discussion about front suspensions you can PM me.

Bob Denman
10-25-2013, 07:04 AM
:shocked: I think that we are all in the hole already... let's stop digging... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_11_5v.gif