PDA

View Full Version : Need new mirror (glass) for 2012 RT

Questions
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Has anyone found a supplier for just a replacement mirror (just glass)? There must be someone who supplies replacement other than buying a complete unit or the $189 Muth system. I can't even find a local glass dealer willing to cut an auto mirror down to the can am size.

Chupaca
10-21-2013, 10:23 AM
of any suppliers but possibly some of the folks having changed their mirrors would be willing to deal with you. Some glass places do but probably not the same type mirror. Could go with that but adjust for different distance. Maybe someone does know and will let you know...hate it when manufacturers don't sell tge parts only the whole assembly and especially at their prices...!! :thumbup:

aka1004
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I had a broken mirror once and a glass shop cut one, regular mirror, to size for $3.
It's not the kinda mirror used for this purpose but it works AND it's 3 bucks.
Checking with more shops may result in some friendlier shop who is willing to do it.

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Have you tried looking at any of the online salvage yards? :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
For a different project, I went to a local junk yard and got ( for free ) a mirror glass from an outside mirror of an SUV......I trimmed it down using a 4 1/2 in angle grinder and a dremel......If you need to actually cut the glass with either of theses tools it helps if you run water on it while you are doing it.......and have Patience .....you need to go slow.....But it didn't take all that long to do.......Just pick a mirror close to the size you need......Mike :thumbup: