PDA

View Full Version : Needed more heat on my RT

rabtech
10-21-2013, 07:02 AM
I cant believe it has dropped to 45 degrees in Alabama already. I rode yesterday and left around 7AM for a 150 miles ride and sure could have used a bit more heat coming out on my feet. And could have absolutly used a little more chestnut warming heat! :yes:

I came back and took the ST out also and I couldn't get the temp to climb to center of bar graph. And the RT would get to center (maybe just a needle over then you could see it drop a little (thermostat must open) then it would drop.

It seems like we don't really have a spring and fall anymore. You just wake up and there it is.

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 07:13 AM
:gaah: I guess that you just can't keep folks happy with these bikes... :gaah:
BRP sends them down here, and we chop them up to STOP that precious flow of BTUs...
...And now we're screaming for MORE??? :gaah:

By the way... I'm joking! :joke::roflblack::joke::roflblack::joke::roflblack ::joke::roflblack::joke::roflblack:

cuznjohn
10-21-2013, 09:08 AM
this is my concern, if and when i get the bike back and the temps dropping the motor will be running cooler and brp will say, see we fixed it

Rockwall
10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Same here in Illinois. I'm very sorry to say that a great riding season is about over. We are looking at temps in the 40's by day and below freezing at night. They are talking wet snow later this week. The Spyder is about to go into hybernation until March. Sad times!:(

OWISE1
10-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Went for a ride yesterday, 130 miles at 47 deg, and my right foot still got cooked...:banghead: Kept the boys warm on the seat :sour:

The cool riding felt GR8T...:yes: with the heated grips....nojoke

Jeriatric
10-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Lowest temp recorded under the tupperware here, was 45 degrees, ambient temp was 20 degrees.
Cool for sure, but sure beats feeling like you're setting on a Weber :bbq:when its 90 plus out.

:doorag: