PDA

View Full Version : Intalled my new BajaRon sway bar today

jonnysevel
10-20-2013, 03:45 PM
After weeks of planning and also asking questions on this forum, today was the day. I had already built my ramps..see picture below. I drove the RT up on the ramps..set the brake, chocked the rear wheel and got to work. I took a lot of advice and i am glad i did. Take off the side access panels...makes life a LOT easier. Once you figure out how to get the underneath panels off, it was a pretty easy install. the whole job only took about 2 hours. Didn't get much of a chance to get out for a ride... but I did take it out for a quick ride and I can already feel the difference. If anyone is thinking of doing this.. Spend the time to plan getting the bike off the ground and make sure you take your time and remember how everything goes back together. Thanks for all of the help from everyone on the forum...Now I will pay it forward and if anyone has any questions, I am HAPPY to help.
Jonny

RBS66
10-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I had mine installed on Friday at the dealer. They lifted it with their forklift and straps. The bar makes a huge difference. They charged me 80 bucks I thought that was a great deal. Looks like you had a really sturdy idea there love the 6×6s .

Bob Denman
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Those are some VERY nice-lookin' ramps! :thumbup: :congrats: Now you'll wonder why you waited so long to get that bar... :D

Chupaca
10-20-2013, 08:51 PM
nicely done..good planning and prep. Your gonna love it the more you ryde. Great advice for those on the fence...enjoy..!! :2thumbs:

jonnysevel
10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
It is a long way to lift the bike up. Whatever way you chose just make sure it is stable. That was my biggest concern so I took my time to make sure it was right and was stable.

Bob Denman
10-21-2013, 07:05 AM
:2thumbs: If more folks thought the way that you did; Ambulance Squads across the Country could sit and watch an entire football game undisturbed... :thumbup:

sandman53
10-25-2013, 09:10 PM
I am a newbee with a2013 RT. 2500 miles Thinking about a antisway bar. Wondering if I can do it myself? Would love to look@ the instructions. Any help?

BajaRon
10-26-2013, 08:57 AM
I am a newbee with a2013 RT. 2500 miles Thinking about a antisway bar. Wondering if I can do it myself? Would love to look@ the instructions. Any help?

If you would like a set of instructions just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com and I will send a set out to you.

Most say the install was actually easier than the instructions make it sound. Some say it was more difficult. Usually it's the small stuff that causes some problems. Like the push pin keepers on the plastic splash panels. Black on black makes it difficult to see those sometimes.

Bob Denman
10-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Getting the bike up in the air high enough SAFELY should probably be the biggest concern... :shocked:
If I can install one of his Bars; anybody can! nojoke :2thumbs:

dangme55
10-28-2013, 11:24 AM
After weeks of planning and also asking questions on this forum, today was the day. I had already built my ramps..see picture below. I drove the RT up on the ramps..set the brake, chocked the rear wheel and got to work. I took a lot of advice and i am glad i did. Take off the side access panels...makes life a LOT easier. Once you figure out how to get the underneath panels off, it was a pretty easy install. the whole job only took about 2 hours. Didn't get much of a chance to get out for a ride... but I did take it out for a quick ride and I can already feel the difference. If anyone is thinking of doing this.. Spend the time to plan getting the bike off the ground and make sure you take your time and remember how everything goes back together. Thanks for all of the help from everyone on the forum...Now I will pay it forward and if anyone has any questions, I am HAPPY to help.
Jonny

Excellent job - nice creativity with the big lumber!. Looks a lot more stable than my 'jenga' blocks LOL.

Enjoy!