PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ST-S - I like the Heat

nonseven
10-20-2013, 08:43 AM
I've got a 2013 ST-S that generates a lot of heat around the area where your feet are. Enough in fact that it's a bit uncomfortable on 90F+ hot and humid days here in Arkansas.

But I don't ride on those hot days anyway - didn't when I had the Harley. But it's cooler weather here 8 out of 12 months of the year. Previously when I had the Harley - in the cooler weather - I limited my riding to days when the temperature broke 60 degrees. It was a Softail with no windshield.

I can drop that minimum at least 10 degrees now. Between the wide front body, the windshield, and the heat coming off the bottom, it's the warmest "bike" I've ever rode.

Went out yesterday for a ride at about 50 degrees - Put the windshield all the way up. Even without cold weather riding gear I was completely comfortable. And of course my feet never got cold. I purposely kept them up towards the front, near the hot spot.

So now with the Spyder, the riding season is extended all winter long! Won't even need to hook up the battery tender.

Bob Denman
10-20-2013, 08:47 AM
There ya go! :thumbup: All that it required, was a shift in your riding season!
Have you had the recall work done yet? :shocked: I'm just curious about what the dealer found up under the Tupperware...

nonseven
10-20-2013, 09:39 AM
There ya go! :thumbup: All that it required, was a shift in your riding season!
Have you had the recall work done yet? :shocked: I'm just curious about what the dealer found up under the Tupperware...

Yes, I had the recall work done by Pitbull in Springfield. I had no issues - no signs of heat damage. Len said they only saw two with signs of problems on the brake cylinder - one of those was from Texas, the other from Las Vegas.

claychaser
10-20-2013, 09:54 AM
I've got a 2013 ST-S that generates a lot of heat around the area where your feet are. Enough in fact that it's a bit uncomfortable on 90F+ hot and humid days here in Arkansas.

But I don't ride on those hot days anyway - didn't when I had the Harley. But it's cooler weather here 8 out of 12 months of the year. Previously when I had the Harley - in the cooler weather - I limited my riding to days when the temperature broke 60 degrees. It was a Softail with no windshield.

I can drop that minimum at least 10 degrees now. Between the wide front body, the windshield, and the heat coming off the bottom, it's the warmest "bike" I've ever rode.

Went out yesterday for a ride at about 50 degrees - Put the windshield all the way up. Even without cold weather riding gear I was completely comfortable. And of course my feet never got cold. I purposely kept them up towards the front, near the hot spot.

So now with the Spyder, the riding season is extended all winter long! Won't even need to hook up the battery tender.

Sounds like a great riding season down south! I live in northern Illinois -rode to work today. 35 degrees! You know those heated grips that seemed so hot in the garage when we tried them out - heaven! Only my thumbs and feet got cold. I have riding pants and a good jacket. Just have to improve the "thumb" heat!

Enjoy!

Chupaca
10-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Every cloud has a silver lining..at least in this case. You may have come up with the reason this issue was not fully seen/felt if they rode and tested in the cool weather and places up north..enjoy your winter ryding..we will but compaired to you all we have no winter...!! :thumbup:

Benggolf
10-21-2013, 02:11 AM
That's good to know! Remember, Spyders are made in Canada (for Canadian winters ;)). J/K.
:roflblack: