PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte and Surrounding

Ryblueyez
10-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Where are all my Charlotte and Surrounding Spyder Ryders?

Magdave
10-19-2013, 09:43 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/

danlnc
10-19-2013, 01:27 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/451607118206367/

A lot of western NC riders post on this FB group.

hdspyder
10-19-2013, 06:41 PM
45 miles west of Charlotte :f_spider:

Ryblueyez
10-20-2013, 12:24 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/I am already a member of there. I just figured there were probably more. I'm new to the Spyder scene. I just bought my 2010 RT-S 3 weeks ago...

2Gunns
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Hope to see a lot of you Carolina Spyder Ryders at the Kennedy's Pinic this weekend : )

Frenchy
10-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm in Fort Mill.

SPYD3R
10-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Easley, SC.....
SPYD3R r rare here... except for the dealers show room....

pwilbarger
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
We (I) like the Charlotte area and I'm wondering about how many months during the year you can ryde your Spyder down there? We've been there several times in late March and early April and I thought the weather was great compared to what is like up here in NW Ohio for riding. What about the rest of the year. With 12" of snow in my drive right now Sun City Carolina Lakes community (actually in SC) sounds pretty good at the moment. I've also thought about the Asheville/Fletcher area since it's in the Smokies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpyderDuck
03-21-2014, 08:07 PM
We (I) like the Charlotte area and I'm wondering about how many months during the year you can ryde your Spyder down there? We've been there several times in late March and early April and I thought the weather was great compared to what is like up here in NW Ohio for riding. What about the rest of the year. With 12" of snow in my drive right now Sun City Carolina Lakes community (actually in SC) sounds pretty good at the moment. I've also thought about the Asheville/Fletcher area since it's in the Smokies.

Plyrod38
03-21-2014, 08:43 PM
We've been able to ride every month for the past year, We have been experiencing some really unusual weather during the past several months. The week days have been really bad with rain, snow and ice, but he weekends have been great and we normally get at least 1 day during the weekend that is great for riding. We live just north of Charlotte.

Frenchy
03-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Haven't touched mine since October. Too damn cold!

ulflyer
03-22-2014, 06:05 AM
I heard thru the grapevine that some dealers are sponsoring
a demo day at the Charlotte race track on Saturday 22 Mar but have not read anything to confirm this.

If true, it would be a good time to meet other riders. :)

ulflyer
03-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Just got confirmation that the demo's are being held today 22 Mar at Charlotte Race Way around noonish. I'm going and several others from Concord, Rockwell are going just to see whats happening. Come on out if you get this in time. :)

satownsendsr
10-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Just joined the site and still working my way around it trying to learn where everything is and what to look for. We have a 2014 RT Limited we bought a few months ago. Pic. included. Look forward to getting to know some folks on here and meeting up with some at the events that occur.

satownsendsr
10-26-2014, 08:54 AM

Have you had any issues with your front trunk (Frunk) leaking when washing your bike? How about the fuel and temperature gages getting water in them also? I have one exactly like yours, same color and model, and I washed it Last Saturday (a week ago) and noticed the gages with water droplets on the inside glass. I opened the front trunk and it had about 2 inches of water in it. I only used a hose to rinse it with and didn't even use the stream setting. It is back at the dealer now and the technician is telling me he may have to rebuild the entire front box!!!!!!!! The gages cleared up, so that tells me they weren't sealed to begin with. I had a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic prior to this bike. I had to sell it because of back surgery, but I never had the issues with it that I'm having with the Can Am. Seems to me it is built a little cheap for the price. Lots of plastic and tabs to hold things together instead of screws or bolts. Just my observations. I really like riding the spyder. I put a back rest on it and touring pegs which have allowed me to ride without it killing my back. For that, I can tolerate the issues as long as they don't become a habit. :gaah:

pwilbarger
10-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Have you had any issues with your front trunk (Frunk) leaking when washing your bike? How about the fuel and temperature gages getting water in them also? I have one exactly like yours, same color and model, and I washed it Last Saturday (a week ago) and noticed the gages with water droplets on the inside glass. I opened the front trunk and it had about 2 inches of water in it. I only used a hose to rinse it with and didn't even use the stream setting. It is back at the dealer now and the technician is telling me he may have to rebuild the entire front box!!!!!!!! The gages cleared up, so that tells me they weren't sealed to begin with. I had a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic prior to this bike. I had to sell it because of back surgery, but I never had the issues with it that I'm having with the Can Am. Seems to me it is built a little cheap for the price. Lots of plastic and tabs to hold things together instead of screws or bolts. Just my observations. I really like riding the spyder. I put a back rest on it and touring pegs which have allowed me to ride without it killing my back. For that, I can tolerate the issues as long as they don't become a habit. :gaah:

I just bought it about a week ago haven't ridden it enough to need a bath. My '10 never had that problem.

Spyder Phyl
2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.

JayBros
10-26-2014, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=satownsendsr;894977]Have you had any issues with your front trunk (Frunk) leaking when washing your bike? How about the fuel and temperature gages getting water in them also? /QUOTE]

My RT-S is three weeks old this weekend, 1300+ miles, and has had two baths. I wet and rinse with a gentle spray, no water in any of the compartments. When I pop the Frunk lid to check and wipe dry there are some beads of water around the outer edge of the gasket lip but none have penetrated the compartment. I do not direct spray at the console and have not yet ridden in rain.

Was up in your neck of the woods today on a ride with the CFO around the Lake.

satownsendsr
10-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Beautiful day to ride. Hard to ride mine sitting in the shop. Hopefully they will get it squared away. Then the weather will turn cold.

satownsendsr
12-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Anyone heard about a rally for Spyder Riders at Myrtle Beach around May 2nd of 2015? I've read a few post on other forums that it was planned and then it was unplanned and then planned again. Didn't say specifically where at Myrtle Beach. I know the Harley Rally is typically around the middle of the month down at Murrels Inlet area.

JayBros
12-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Read about it here on SL somewhere last evening.

Grandpot
12-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Fort Mill, SC.

As far as how long is the riding season here, it's 12 months. As long as it it over 40 degrees and not raining, I ride. If it is chilly, I put on my electric vest. Being a retired Cop, it makes be feel like a pig in a blanket. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

danlnc
12-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Where are all my Charlotte and Surrounding Spyder Ryders?

Can Am Carolina Cruisers - Ryde every weekend

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506303759618183/

BrewerCycles
04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Hey Spyder Lovers, Brewer Cycles is so excited to announce our first dedicated Spyder event. We'll have demos, food, and a great ride. No charge...just some fun and a chance to build the "local" Spyder community! Email me at kristie@brewercycles.com if you plan to attend - PLEASE put SPYDER in the subject. Can't wait!!!:yes::yes::yes:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104691&stc=1

Brewer Cycles is located in Henderson, NC - about 40 miles North of Raleigh, NC. Please note that motorcycle endorsements are required to participate in demo rides. Please share this - the more the merrier!!

blacklightning
04-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Dang, I would really like to do this but I will be going with a group to Myrtle Beach from the 17-19. I might have to just take a trip up on one of these nice days that we are having. Got with a couple of friends yesterday for a 3 hour lunch ride. Logged in about 75 miles.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104706&stc=1