PDA

View Full Version : "Parking Brake Failure"

Questions
10-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I own a 2012 Spyder RT-S. I have approximatley 8,000 miles on the odometer. Yesterday when I was ready to park my Spyder I got this warning on the display, "Parking Brake Failure". When I tried to put the parking brake on, it wouldn't respond and, of course, when I tried to take the key out of the ignition I got that loud audible warning. Finally I got this audible warning to stay off. I then rode the Spyder home and parked it. I got under the bike to see what was happening and noticed the brake cable was VERY loose going around that little wheel on the rear tire. I decided to take the right panel off and noticed the other end of the brake cable was off the front wheel which turns electronically, tightening the brake wheel on the rear tire. I also heard an audible "hum". When I put everything back together and had the brake working again. I try to start the Spyder but the battery was dead and that "Parking Brake Failure" was still on the display..... Any thoughts on just what is happening especially with that "humming" that is draining my battery...??? :banghead:

fastfraser
10-18-2013, 03:35 PM
The parking brake beep will go away in a minute and the hum you hear last 40 minutes but now way would it drain your battery unless it was less then fully charged.