PDA

View Full Version : just couldn't do it

cuznjohn
10-18-2013, 10:26 AM
just got off the phone with a friend of mine, his friend lost a leg to cancer and was a avid 2 wheel rider, my friend mike knows i was looking at the 2014's and asked if i would sell my bike to the guy that lost his leg, i said no. i would not want to sell the bike private due to the problems the 13's are having and have someone come back and say i sold them a bad bike. i would rather trade it in and let the dealer worry about problems. so i told mike that brp is trying to fix the bike so i decided to keep it. so his friend is looking for a 2012 or a 2013 and i told him to go for the 2012, i hope i told him the right way to go.

Bob Denman
10-18-2013, 10:40 AM
It's just my opinion; I think that you did the right thing... :2thumbs:

BajaRon
10-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Advise is just that, advise. We have to give out what we believe in and what we can lay our head on the pillow at night and have a good conscience.

It is up to the person receiving that advise to look at all sides and make a decision based on what they think is most important.

In the end there is no way to know if a 2012 or a 2013 is best because you'd have to know more about the individual Spyder(s) involved.

Personally, I would take a good 2013 over a good 2012. But therein lies the quandary...

You were honest. You can't do better than that. :thumbup:

frankj64155
10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Advise is just that, advise. We have to give out what we believe in and what we can lay our head on the pillow at night and have a good conscience.

It is up to the person receiving that advise to look at all sides and make a decision based on what they think is most important.

In the end there is no way to know if a 2012 or a 2013 is best because you'd have to know more about the individual Spyder(s) involved.

Personally, I would take a good 2013 over a good 2012. But therein lies the quandary...

You were honest. You can't do better than that. :thumbup:

:agree:

Chupaca
10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
that after all the misfortune he has had he wants to keep ryding. Your advise is how you feel from your experiences (rough at best) so by no means wrong. Those that roam around here will agree from all the posts but he will have to decide. I think the improvements made to the 13's out weigh the problems they have had and I think they are getting a handle on it...wish him luck on his choice...!! :dontknow:

Bob Denman
10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Gene, :agree:100 percent! :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
i know i made the right decision not to sell it to him. i just dropped off my elkas to the dealer to install them when he is working on the bike and he said i wouldn't sell it to him lol.

ValCruzSpyder
10-18-2013, 01:14 PM
It's just my opinion; I think that you did the right thing... :2thumbs:
:agree:

Copperman
10-18-2013, 01:25 PM
just got off the phone with a friend of mine, his friend lost a leg to cancer and was a avid 2 wheel rider, my friend mike knows i was looking at the 2014's and asked if i would sell my bike to the guy that lost his leg, i said no.

Not to sound insensitive, but, what leg's he missing? If it’s his right leg, he’ll have noheat problem (with your bike). And… he’ll get a great bike!

Cuz, I think you dropped the ball on this one.

Bob Denman
10-18-2013, 01:34 PM
:shocked: You've got a point; but the brake pedal issue would need addressing...

cuznjohn
10-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Not to sound insensitive, but, what leg's he missing? If it’s his right leg, he’ll have noheat problem (with your bike). And… he’ll get a great bike!

Cuz, I think you dropped the ball on this one.

he lost his left leg. that was the first question i asked

SpyRyd
10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
...Personally, I would take a good 2013 over a good 2012. But therein lies the quandary...

Me too, but I think the probability of getting a "good" 2012 is greater than the probability of getting a "good" 2013.

ARtraveler
10-18-2013, 02:10 PM
You gave good advice cuzn. The ball has now passed to his court. He should look at the options available, test ryde, and then decide which is the best one for "him". I would not want the responsibility of recommending a specific year x, and that turning out to be the wrong decision.

It's going to be a combination of color, options, year, what feels best to "him". "May the force be with him". :roflblack:

MouthPiece
10-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Me too, but I think the probability of getting a "good" 2012 is greater than the probability of getting a "good" 2013.

Where is the empircal evidence to support this?

​Chris

SpyRyd
10-19-2013, 03:08 AM
Where is the empircal evidence to support this?

​Chris

I think most will agree that the '12 models have had less "issues", make that less "serious issues" reported (here on Spyderlovers.com) than on the '13s.

ThreeWheels
10-19-2013, 03:48 AM
From what I've read, I agree with the 2012 vs 2013.
A lightly used 2012 would probably be best.
I have a 2010 that was fraught with early adoption issues. Almost all of them were worked out by fixes and improvements that were eventually included in the 2012 design.
Also, I don't recall any posts or youtube videos of a 2012 going up in flames.
Of course, this is all anecdotal evidence and I could be way off base.

Bob Denman
10-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I think most will agree that the '12 models have had less "issues", make that less "serious issues" reported (here on Spyderlovers.com) than on the '13s.
"Empirical evidence"? none!
But :agree: that our experiences in here would lend credence to the argument that the 2012s had fewer issues... :thumbup: