PDA

View Full Version : Heated Gear

C_Boogie
10-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I just don't want to put up my Spyder for the winter. It is already getting chilly here in northern Ohio. Any suggestions on heated gear I could purchase to extend my riding later into the year.

BillF
10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=C_Boogie;708136]I just don't want to put up my Spyder for the winter. It is already getting chilly here in northern Ohio. Any suggestions on heated gear I could purchase to extend my riding later into the year.[/

Silvervette05
10-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I use HD ( Gerbings) gloves when its gets about 45 degrees or lower, I have a pair of socks that I have not used yet. I have a electric control that is hooked straight to my battery that runs the gloves

Trickie Dick
10-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I have the Powerlet rapid FIRe jacket liner and glove liners. I have waterproof gloves and a jacket that I like so I went with the liners. I really like them. I wore my jacket today and I was warm before I hit the end of the driveway. Here's a review. http://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcycle-clothing/powerlet-rapidfire-heated-clothing/
There's reviews on the Gerbings, WarmNSafe and others on webbikeworld.

NancysToy
10-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I have a Tourmaster vest and Powerlet gloves. My wife has Gerbing jacket and gloves. Both work well. Heated gear has to fit snugly to work effectively. That is why there are so many sizes. I suggest you go to a store that carries it and try some on if you can. Shops that cater to toouring riders (BMW, Goldwing, etc.) usually carry it.

Raknid
10-17-2013, 09:41 PM
I have a Gerbings jacket which I use under 40 degrees. Have Powerless on the Snyder and bikes wired to the battery. The missus has a Gerbings jacket and gloves which she used below 60degrees. :-)

Highwayman2013
10-17-2013, 10:00 PM
I have Warm and Safe jacket liner and gloves, they work very well.

Chupaca
10-17-2013, 10:19 PM
we have "Warm Gear" liners and gloves. I run dual control so I can keep the gloves a bit warmer the wife uses single control for both. You can get the pants and socks as well. Just how long will you ryde..?? :thumbup: