PDA

View Full Version : Great Dealer in Nashville

gypsy_100
10-17-2013, 03:18 PM
We were cruising up the Natchez Trace Parkway near Tupelo, about 1200 miles from home in eastern PA, when the center windshield strut broke on our 2011 RT. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34743-WARNING-FOR-ALL-RT-OWNERS-*-You-may-want-to-check-this-on-your-machine/page6 see post #143 for more detail) We called two dealers east and west of our location who weren't very helpful. Then we called north to America's Motorsports 8th Avenue in Nashville, TN. All I can say is "wow -- what a great experience". It was already after noon (CDT). Jimmy in service called up the parts diagrams and we went back and forth over the phone until we were sure he had the right part (the price is the giveaway -- $573). Based strictly on our conversation, he agreed to have the part delivered overnight.

We had to ride about 200+ miles to get to Nashville. When we arrived at the dealer the next day, he had the part in hand and the technician lined up and ready to go. Jimmy then took us in their truck and dropped us at the hotel we had booked nearby. We wandered around downtown Nashville for about two hours when my phone rang. Jimmy said the bike was done. Should I come and get it? No, he delivered the bike right to our hotel! Now that is service. Total charge -- $50 for the overnight delivery. BRP picked up $573 for the part and 0.5 hours labor for the installation. The dealer didn't make any money on that install. We spent more time than that on the phone just making sure we were ordering the right part.

America's Motorsports 8th Avenue in downtown Nashville. 930 8th Ave South, just off I-65. (615) 834-8990. Jeff (service manager) and Jimmy couldn't have been nicer. A classic case of a bad event turning into a great experience.

PS -- the rest of the ride home was great. Spent a couple days in WV doing loops on their great, scenic roads (the leaves were at their peak) and loops through central PA before finally pointing the bike home.

Ex-Rocket
10-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Don't we wish that all dealers were like this. Its always good to brag on here if a dealership went beyond the call to help out a rider that needed assistance while on the road.:clap:

quickster47
10-18-2013, 06:41 AM
I've also heard good things about this dealer. It is nice to know there are those like them out there when you are traveling.

Carl