PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for someone to do mods on my Spyder in my area?

Dat Guy
10-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Hello!

I live in the southern California area about and hour east of Palm Springs in Yucca Valley. I'm looking for someone or someplace reputable (mechanic, handyman, ect.) that's reasonably near me who you folks could recommend that I could hire to do several mods on my new Spyder. A search of the forums didn't turn up much, but I see lots of people here from California so I thought I'd ask here. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Things I'd like to have done are:

Alarm wired and installed
Wrapped Exhaust header and exhaust pipes
CAT Bypass
Heat taped tank
Digital Oil Pressure Gauge & Volt Meter to replace the OEM fuel and temp gauges
Mirror Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
Power cable ran through center of handlebars
Power outlet added to center "blank" switch spot

Chupaca
10-16-2013, 11:29 PM
you should be close to "pirate powersports" over in riverside. Talk to lou...many of our members here in san diego go there. Don't have their address or phone but they are on facebook or google...!! :thumbup:

TicketBait
10-16-2013, 11:33 PM
You can reach Lou Goutowski at 951-757-9143, he knows his stuff and can do everything you need.

Dat Guy
10-16-2013, 11:37 PM
You guys are truly excellent! I actually bought my Spyder in Riverside and I'm headed there in a week and a half for my 600 mile service! Thanks guys!

This is a great community! :2thumbs:

Desert Spyder
10-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I wholeheartedly agree about Lou. He is my personal mechanic. However, any warranty items that need to be taken care of should be done by the dealer. The nearest dealer in your area is Coyne in Banning. I haven't heard anything about their service dept, pro or con. There is one dealer in the Inland Empire I would not recommend. You must PM me for that info. Are you interested in going for a run this Sunday? My SRA chapter will be starting out from Temecula MS @ 9AM to Borrego Spgs, Julian, Santa Ysabel, and Rainbow Oaks. Should be a blast!