PDA

View Full Version : In the shop again 4 times since July any inputs to lift my spirits

Old141fe
10-16-2013, 09:00 PM
New 2012 rt se5 limited bought new July 2013, 5700 miles serviced at dealer, the latest problem on very slow to up shift and when it does it jerks you back, some times it takes multiple tries, also hard to get it to manually to down shift, and when it does the engine rpm increases causing it to leap forward almost pushing me into on coming traffic if I had not gotten on the brakes and ran off the road, also was stuck in 4 th as I let it auto down shift at a complete stop showed in forth had to manually downshift and goose the throttle to get it to down shift. If my wife had been riding the outcome would have been worse.
so does anyone have any ideas also the previous issues were blowing horn fuses, then compressor went out, handlebar problems, left front wheel bearing and a belt noise they still can't find the problem, the last belt fix was belt grease from brp, I'm a bit uneasy with this spyder, so any ideas

Knarfoh
10-16-2013, 09:08 PM
any inputs to lift my spirits
Nope.. you got screwed.

picthat
10-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Sounds to me like you have some legitimate complaints. How is your dealer handling this? If they are blowing it off then maybe it is time to contact Can-Am directly, possibly through a lawyer. Hope you are keeping good records of all of your work orders. Wish you luck.

Chupaca
10-16-2013, 11:20 PM
bit of bad luck for sure. I would check with another dealer. You don't seem to be getting things done there and the 12's were not this problimatical...hang in there the right tech can get you fixed up..!! :thumbup:

3 Wheel Addict
10-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I to have had a laundry list of complaints with my new 13 RT/S and I truly feel that a lot of the issues stem back to the person turning the wrenches. My results always seem to be... "we can find it" or "they are all that way" from my dealer. I found another dealer but he's just too far away (120 miles) there used to be a lot of dealers around but for some reason they are all gone now? Factory cutting them loose??

Bob Denman
10-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Perhaps The gear position sensor, or oil levels?? :dontknow:

taxmyzer
10-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I to have had a laundry list of complaints with my new 13 RT/S and I truly feel that a lot of the issues stem back to the person turning the wrenches. My results always seem to be... "we can find it" or "they are all that way" from my dealer. I found another dealer but he's just too far away (120 miles) there used to be a lot of dealers around but for some reason they are all gone now? Factory cutting them loose??
Sometimes the right dealer is worth the trip. I just got back from 118 mile trip to pick up new right side panel from dealer that did my recall work. The dealer where I bought the bike is only 28 miles away. I will be making the the trip for any future service if I can ride the bike to them. This dealer is listed as a platinum dealer on BRP website. It's family owned and operated the people couldn't be nicer and the tech's will listen rather than just dismiss anything you're telling them.

ulflyer
10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
New 2012 rt se5 limited bought new July 2013, 5700 miles serviced at dealer, the latest problem on very slow to up shift and when it does it jerks you back, some times it takes multiple tries, also hard to get it to manually to down shift, and when it does the engine rpm increases causing it to leap forward almost pushing me into on coming traffic if I had not gotten on the brakes and ran off the road, also was stuck in 4 th as I let it auto down shift at a complete stop showed in forth had to manually downshift and goose the throttle to get it to down shift. If my wife had been riding the outcome would have been worse.
so does anyone have any ideas also the previous issues were blowing horn fuses, then compressor went out, handlebar problems, left front wheel bearing and a belt noise they still can't find the problem, the last belt fix was belt grease from brp, I'm a bit uneasy with this spyder, so any ideas

Long shot, but it might be ur vaccum hose. Heres a long thread about it and way down someone shows a pic of the hose line. Its on the left side if you want to pull your plastic to check it out.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?51315-Guess-What-Caused-thiis-Shifting-Malfunction&highlight=vacuum+hose