PDA

View Full Version : Lamont's Laser Alignment Report

2ndChildhood
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I had Lamont do his laser alignment on my RTL this past weekend and what a difference it made. I had bad front wheels wobbling and handlebars shaking at 41 miles an hour. I usually had to slow down to 39 or speed to 43 to make it stop. It was getting so bad I was getting ready to take my bike in and get it checked out. Now after the laser alignment it is nice and smooth, no wobbling and no vibrations. That alone makes me a happy camper.

The best benefit is the way it glides down the freeway. I got almost 17,000 miles on the bike with no uneven front tire wear and it never pulled right or left down the highway but I always had to fight the curves. This has always been a big problem. Now after the alignment going around the curves I can push effortlessly with my thumbs. No more fighting the curves. I drove non stop from Branson to St Louis with two tanks of gas. Once I made it to St Louis my neck and shoulders were not hurting since I did not have to fight the curves.

Thank you Lamont for your excellent quality workmanship.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

samewok
10-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Glad it is working.Harvey will be doing mine in two weeks.

Shewhoprays
10-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I have to say the laser alignment helped make a smoother ryde but I still have the vibration when I get in the 40-46mph range. Nothing changed there. Rats. bj

AbNormy
10-16-2013, 08:57 PM
do we have to wait till Flamingo Babes shindig in the spring? when y'all coming to Texas to do them?

BajaRon
10-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I have to say the laser alignment helped make a smoother ryde but I still have the vibration when I get in the 40-46mph range. Nothing changed there. Rats. bj

Most likely tire balance or drive belt.

Tx web rider
10-16-2013, 11:08 PM
actually there is a forum thread for alignments being done in a week in san antonio

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?59224-Laser-Alignment-in-Texas

do we have to wait till Flamingo Babes shindig in the spring? when y'all coming to Texas to do them?

Questions
10-17-2013, 12:44 AM
I have a 2008 GS SE5. have always had problems wareing both front tires out on the inside while the out side half looked like new. I have sort of devised an alignment approach with lasers, but havent perfected it yet but my tires are lasting longer. it looks like it came from the factory toed out badly. I put a laser on the front brake roter, and aim it at a ruel from about 8 feet away. I adjust it about an inch and a half toed in at a time and then ride it until I can see a noticable change in tread ware. I know this is not the perfect way of doing it but its the best that I can do. I have no way of mounting a laser to the centerline of the frame.

so are their instructions to do Lemonts laser alignment?

Lamonster
10-17-2013, 05:40 AM
I have a 2008 GS SE5. have always had problems wareing both front tires out on the inside while the out side half looked like new. I have sort of devised an alignment approach with lasers, but havent perfected it yet but my tires are lasting longer. it looks like it came from the factory toed out badly. I put a laser on the front brake roter, and aim it at a ruel from about 8 feet away. I adjust it about an inch and a half toed in at a time and then ride it until I can see a noticable change in tread ware. I know this is not the perfect way of doing it but its the best that I can do. I have no way of mounting a laser to the centerline of the frame.

so are their instructions to do Lemonts laser alignment?
I will be here with the Rolo guys doing alignments, come on down.
http://www.spydercomfort.com/contact.htm

TexasSpyder
10-17-2013, 06:00 AM

Check out the Texas Folder they are doing alignments in San Antonio on the 26th of this month.

J. D.

AbNormy
10-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Going next weekend thanks! Almost 23 k on fronts, not wearing unusually, may have another 10k still on the fronts. But did have the slight shimmy around 41mph. Reckon it'll be ok to leave those tires on ?