PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Riding Pants

Ride Master
10-15-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm laughing while writing.
I've heard of the comfort seat, the day-long seat.
Is there anything like the comfort jeans/riding pants? My privates hurt quite a bit after awhile.
I have the Corbin seat, sheep skins, tried the marbles and the air hawk...
any suggestions for taking it easy on the boys?

wyliec
10-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Maybe you can join a class action suit with the person suing BMW/Corbin seats for poor seat design that also caused his privates to.................:yikes:

I was going to post the link here; but, might it upset others.

Flanker
10-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Even though I've been drinking.........................I remember Lamont's FIRM admonition to me to not post what I'm really thinking when I've been drinking. My lips are sealed! ;)

Tango
10-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Duluth Trading sells what they call "Ball Room" pants. Many styles to choose from. ALso sell shirts with gussets in them as well. Long tail shirts, so no more plumbers butt. Excellent quality. Some of their pants are heavy duty. I have a pair of their fire hose carpenters pants as well as just plain old denims. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

den1953
10-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Like he said the Duluth pants are good, so are the Diamond Gusset jeans. I have good comfort in Wrangler regular fit jeans, the relaxed fit ones are too low in the crotch and baggy for me. Depends on your body size and weight but you always need some room and some "give" in the right places.

Bob Denman
10-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Flanker,
I think that he pulled my preivous post in here... :opps:
...only I wasn't drinking!! :D

WolfeeK9
10-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Duluth Trading sells what they call "Ball Room" pants. Many styles to choose from. ALso sell shirts with gussets in them as well. Long tail shirts, so no more plumbers butt. Excellent quality. Some of their pants are heavy duty. I have a pair of their fire hose carpenters pants as well as just plain old denims. :thumbup: Tom :trike:
I agree they are very comfortable to ride with long distance have several pair and introduced them to a few fellow riders who agree also..

daveinva
10-16-2013, 08:55 AM
In addition to having gusset-cut pants, another suggestion: good riding underwear. No, seriously.

I swear by this stuff on long trips, no snags, no chafing, great moisture-wicking:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Give-N-Go-Boxer-Brief-Medium/dp/B001M0MN02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381931582&sr=8-1&keywords=ex+officio+underwear

(Other similar choices abound: LDComfort, Under Armor, etc.)

Also, a good splash of Monkey Butt powder always helps, too.

Bob Denman
10-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Monkey Butt powder...
THAT'S the stuff that I couldn't remember the name of!! :thumbup: :opps:

recordingguy
10-16-2013, 09:15 AM
LD underwear for bikers! Long distance underwear. Use and love them. Look them up.:yes: Bob

bullant12
10-16-2013, 09:16 AM
In addition to having gusset-cut pants, another suggestion: good riding underwear. No, seriously.

I swear by this stuff on long trips, no snags, no chafing, great moisture-wicking:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Give-N-Go-Boxer-Brief-Medium/dp/B001M0MN02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381931582&sr=8-1&keywords=ex+officio+underwear

(Other similar choices abound: LDComfort, Under Armor, etc.)

Also, a good splash of Monkey Butt powder always helps, too.

:agree: For long rides the compression shorts work for me really well. I usually buy a few at the Base Exchange since they are suggested to wear during PT's.

CapNCrunch
10-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Their Buck Naked briefs are also excellent, and help a lot. Good quality and inexpensive. CapNCrunch