PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Has Questions!

rickhooton
10-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I am a new and proud owner of a 2013 RT Limited. I have had the bike just over a month and love it. As I have read through the forum, I have heard of numerous problems owners are having with this model year - although I have not experienced any of them (yet!)....

Could someone please enumerate the issues that the 2013 RT has - I just want to know what to be on the lookout for. And does anyone know if some of these issues were corrected within the model year and can that be deciphered using the VIN number.

Also, I am curious what accessories experienced owners recommend.

Thanks for your response and input!

ARtraveler
10-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I am a new and proud owner of a 2013 RT Limited. I have had the bike just over a month and love it. As I have read through the forum, I have heard of numerous problems owners are having with this model year - although I have not experienced any of them (yet!)....

Could someone please enumerate the issues that the 2013 RT has - I just want to know what to be on the lookout for. And does anyone know if some of these issues were corrected within the model year and can that be deciphered using the VIN number.

:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. Owner's of 2013's will chime in.

spydaman60
10-14-2013, 07:11 PM

Thanks for your response and input!there's a new thread started today about the 2013's just for you guys! keep an eye on it and you'll hear everything!

stewartj239
10-14-2013, 07:35 PM

First of all, congratulations and welcome. If you've had your Spyder that long and you've not noticed anything obvious, then I'd say you're in good shape. I too have a 2013 (RT-S) with 4K miles on it now and I have none of the issues that you'll read about.

There was a recent recall for a fire hazard which hopefully your dealer has already performed. If not, then call them and get it done. Most of the problems you'll read about are the potential fire hazard, that the recall takes care of and a number heat related issues. If you go back through the history here, you'll see that the heat issues were around since the 2010 RT came out. There are plenty of things that can be done to alleviate the heat if you notice it to be a problem.

As far as upgrades, the first thing I did was add the BajaRon sway bar and chromoly links that go with it. This helps tremendously with the handling. Over the winter, my next upgrade will be to add the Elka suspension.

Bob Denman
10-14-2013, 08:57 PM
:welcome: ride your bike and enjoy it, :thumbup: kick the threads around a bit, and you'll find whatever you need... :2thumbs:
Not all of the 2013s are equally affected; don't worry so much! :shocked:

happyspyder2039
10-14-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks for your response and input!As far as accessories go...look at the spyderpops bumpskid & HMT brake light by Custom Dynamics

Chupaca
10-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Welcome to both the roadster world and the best site for spyder owners. You can check to see if all updates and bulletins have been performed with your VIN number at your dealer or any dealer...accessories...now that's personal...!! :roflblack:

d.o.spyder-rts
10-16-2013, 01:13 AM
:congrats: on your spyder purchase and :welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

CyncySpyder
10-16-2013, 05:26 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)

MouthPiece
10-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Forget the "yet" and just enjoy. You'll love it.

Chris

eagleeye299
10-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the Spyder family. You will really love it. The best bang for your buck as far as improving the ride is the laser wheel alignment. Find someone in your area that does it and get it done. Check the ROLO web sight. Enjoy!