PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thanks

Jeriatric
10-14-2013, 06:38 PM
To those who will be the next batch of real world testers - model year 2014. Without doubt your investment and input will be appreciated by all. :cheers:

:thumbup: :doorag:

ARtraveler
10-14-2013, 06:48 PM
:agree: :bowdown: :cheers:

Dizneyman
10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Yea, what they both said!!

Netminder
10-14-2013, 07:39 PM
:agree::clap::clap::thumbup: Can't wait to hear the reviews! Here is hoping you all have the best of experiences!:ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Well it's a dirty job; somebody has to do it!! :D :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Bob
:agree: someone has to do it but this one is far from dirty..!! :roflblack::roflblack: enjoy and give the keyboard a rest

SpyderAnn01
10-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Bob Denman and I were pioneers back in 2010 when we bought the first year RT and I was a pioneer again this year when I bought the 2013 so why not do it again with the 2014. :roflblack: I really like even numbers better than odd so I'd bet that the 2014 is going to be a great model year for me!

Magdave
10-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Not that I really want to wish any bad luck on anyone but I hope it has some annoying issues and at least 1 recall so I will feel better about my 2013:yikes: :joke:

SpyderAnn01
10-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Not that I really want to wish any bad luck on anyone but I hope it has some annoying issues and at least 1 recall so I will feel better about my 2013:yikes: :joke:

I'm sure you won't be totally disappointed:roflblack: something is bound to go wrong

MidLifeCrisis
10-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Funny what makes some people feel better about themselves. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
10-15-2013, 07:28 AM
If I take a swat from Lamont for this; I'll have earned it... :shocked:
If I go missing; at least you'll know why!
But I DO kind of wish that I hadn't been put in a situation where that needed to be said... :banghead:

ElZorroRides
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I too wish you all allot of luck. Recent track records on these requires a leap of faith and I find it unfortunate that owners have to end up doing all the "real world" testing, research and development and usually at their own expense while BRP reaps the benefits. It's why I went with a new 2012 left over instead of the '13 after reading all the issues that started popping up very shortly after it's release. Not to mention I had bought a new ST Limited and had to experience some of those issues before finally trading it in on the '12 RT after just 2 months.

But hey, lets look on the bright side. BRP should have it all sorted out by 2016 after people like Lamont and SpyderPops and SmoothSpyder and BajaRon and Baker and Elka and Outlaw-ROLO and Ultimate and Corbin and PITBULL just to name a couple do the work and discover new solutions to the inevitable problems and inspire even more new Entrepreneurs to make the CAN AM Spyders the best riding machines on the planet.

Then I'd guess that in 2018, they all get to do it aaaalllll over again...... YAY!!! :yes::clap::roflblack::2excited:

SteveMac
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM

:crackpipe:
Not cool. Even in jest. :lecturef_smilie:

MidLifeCrisis
10-15-2013, 07:54 AM
:shocked: I'm gonna get clipped for saying this...

Bob is currently out of the office.....please leave a message!

spyder3
10-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Spoken like a true Lib...:popcorn:

murphybrown
10-15-2013, 09:25 AM
:shocked: Wishing bad luck on somebody for buying a new bike??
I'm gonna get clipped for saying this...
YOu're a real prick! :gaah:

for PRICK...but Magdave definitely lives with a glass 1/2 full .. sad way to live IMHO .. I truly wish him well in his misery .. it can't just be related to the Spyder only .. but like everything in life things can be different if an individual makes that choice and then searches out and applies the solution whether it is Spyder related or ANYTHING/ANYWHERE else...so for him I :pray: and will stop reading Magdave posts..

Bob Denman
10-15-2013, 11:34 AM
And I apologize if my language has upset or insulted anybody... :opps:

SpyderAnn01
10-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Cut Magdave some slack he owns a 2013 and I can understand where he is coming from. He was :joke:

ARtraveler
10-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Bob Denman and I were pioneers back in 2010 when we bought the first year RT and I was a pioneer again this year when I bought the 2013 so why not do it again with the 2014. :roflblack: I really like even numbers better than odd so I'd bet that the 2014 is going to be a great model year for me!

I was also a pioneer on new models. I purchased a 2008 and had the second one to hit Alaska. Also a Premier Edition 2010 RT-S. I spoke about these in another thread yesterday. Never had any more than piddle problems with either. Still driving the 2010 (35,000 miles). Would not have any problem purchasing the new 2014 either. I guess I should not have replied the way I did in the second post of this thread.

It seems hard to say something these days without getting in trouble or offending someone.

Cruzr Joe
10-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Cut Magdave some slack he owns a 2013 and I can understand where he is coming from. He was :joke:

Sorry Ann, he was not joking, all his posts have a negative message, or did you mean, he was a Joke? :dontknow::dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

SteveMac
10-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I was also a pioneer on new models. I purchased a 2008 and had the second one to hit Alaska. Also a Premier Edition 2010 RT-S. I spoke about these in another thread yesterday. Never had any more than piddle problems with either. Still driving the 2010 (35,000 miles). Would not have any problem purchasing the new 2014 either. I guess I should not have replied the way I did in the second post of this thread.

It seems hard to say something these days without getting in trouble or offending someone.

Don't feel that way at all. I do not think the first couple of posts of this thread should be offensive to anyone. It just kinda went off the reservation in later posts (not yours IMO) a bit when wishing ill on future 2014 owners.

I think a lot of emotions are on high right now. Some are very invested in the fact that they have very serious issues with the 2013 that they want resolved. Then on the other hand, you have future 2014 owners on an emotional high waiting for their new ride to come in.

Hot front meets cold front and we have a storm. No. I am not a meteorologist, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Perhaps Bob and Joe's ice cream banter would be appropriate here. Just sayin,,, to borrow a phrase from Otter.

Hawk
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Haters gonna hate. :clap::joke::yikes:

MidLifeCrisis
10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Regardless of what causes the "storm", a person's character is defined by what they do in the bad times, not the good. One of us in particular isn't looking too good at the moment.

Jeriatric
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Well said Roger.

frenchek
10-15-2013, 04:26 PM
:shocked: Wishing bad luck on somebody for buying a new bike??
I'm gonna get clipped for saying this...
YOu're a real prick! :gaah:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap:way to go---you are my HERO:firstplace:

Bob Denman
10-15-2013, 04:35 PM
:opps: I don't feel like a hero; I let my emotions grab me by the butt, and lead me someplace I'd rather not be... :opps:

Netminder
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Have to Agree, not cool! :lecturef_smilie: Should not wish bad luck on anyone's new purchase! I wish all 2014 owners the very best of rides. I am hoping BRP has hit a home run with the new improvements!:thumbup::thumbup:

frenchek
10-15-2013, 04:54 PM
:opps: I don't feel like a hero; I let my emotions grab me by the butt, and lead me someplace I'd rather not be... :opps:

BOB, I can understand you feeling upset with your response to this "gentleman" but that guy is always insulting someone, why just the other day he referred to one of my posts as "the other idiot ". everybody has a bad day or problems, but give me a break, his butt is always out of line.

Cruzr Joe
10-15-2013, 05:00 PM
BOB, I can understand you feeling upset with your response to this "gentleman" but that guy is always insulting someone, why just the other day he referred to one of my posts as "the other idiot ". everybody has a bad day or problems, but give me a break, his butt is always out of line.

Whew, i thought he was referring to me and my idiot comment, :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

JkRbbt
10-15-2013, 05:44 PM

Hi Ann,
I'm glad you had good luck with your 2010 and I hope you have good luck with your '14, but I gotta tell ya, I wasn't looking to be a "pioneer" when I bought my '13RT. I thought I had given BRP a few years to iron out problems on the RT and that the suspension/tires/brakes were just improvements on the '12. Now I find out I have to wear a coon skin cap when I ride my '13?? :shocked: :D

Magdave
10-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Spoken like a true Lib...:popcorn:
Ouch that hurts. C'mon guys you know it was all in jest. And I expected some heat but....

http://youtu.be/XRGd0gD0QNE

Magdave
10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Sorry Ann, he was not joking, all his posts have a negative message, or did you mean, he was a Joke? :dontknow::dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
And you are absolutely wrong and have been very negative at times yourself. Obviously Anne got the joke too bad you haters did not. I have provided a lot of useful info through my trials and tribulations. Sorry If you all can't take a joke.

Magdave
10-15-2013, 07:58 PM
The Spyder is a unique vehicle and with that comes a certain eccentric quality.
I have been known as being quite eccentric, or when I wasn't quite as affluent, crazy.

The problem is that BRP wants to market it to the mainstream.

So yes, BRP's engineering abilities seem to exceed their grasp, in the short term anyway.

If it was not virtually alone in marketplace then it might achieve the mainstream status.

So I think my point is this.
Even at today's level it is still a low volume product.

There are some people to whom the Spyder should not be marketed or sold.

And NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS OK FOR A SPYDER TO CATCH FIRE but I am saying that it may not be delivered in a completely trouble free and 100% ready for prime time condition.

Anyone who parks over a napkin, finds a dime splat of something and is bothered by this probably shouldn't own one.

Roger The reason I had a paper towel under it was it was leaking oil from the clutch and I was trying to see if it still was after being torn down by the dealer(verified) and reported to BRP. There are so many spots on my parking mat that I needed a way to verify what was new or old. It just so happened I got a very strong gas smell unlike any I have had in the past at that time and found and was able to verify gas dripping from the EVAP vent. It was a 2in spot. It occurred after the recall was done. That disqualifies me from owning a Spyder? Is it supposed to leak oil and gas within 2000 mi. Especially with all of the other things that have been wrong missing bolts from both assembly and factory, electronics non functional upon delivery, misassembled frunk that was almost loose enough to fall off, misadjusted belt tension by 600n. Not looking for perfection but looking for my investment to be safe and reliable. I am doing the best I can to make it so and unfortunately keep finding one more thing after another. I suspect I am close to solving 90% of the issues that should never have happened in the first place I hope but it has taken almost 4 months and many hours along with money out of my pocket that I do not feel I should have had to spend to get here. Yes I have a sarcastic humor but it is humor none the less sorry to all who don't get it and be glad your bike has not had the problems mine (and some others) have had.

...now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

scott16119
10-15-2013, 08:11 PM
My post the other day was directed towards two "spyderlovers", most know who the two are.

Bob Denman
10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Dave,
We're good; I'm pulling my post ... :thumbup:

SteveMac
10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Dave,

You're a good man Denman. :bowdown:

Magdave
10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Dave,
I apologize to you Bob it was not in malice I guess Anne was the only one to get the humor :thumbup: It must be something that those of us in the 2013 trench share.

Magdave
10-15-2013, 08:59 PM

And that too was a joke sometimes it is hard to tell the intent when reading posts. People tend to read what they want to hear. I will once again apologize if it offended you but my skin has grown rather thick during my 2013 orientation period. The range of emotions have been intense at times. I do not like my vehicle leaking gas,oil or brake fluid so far I have 2 out of 3 especially after a fire caused recall. And I do not always insult someone but I will call BS when I see it.

Jeriatric
10-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Dave,

Pulled - Bob!!! :yikes: too.

Bob Denman
10-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Pulled - Bob!!! :yikes: too.
I'll bet you thought that I didn't know how to do that; didn't you? :D

Cruzr Joe
10-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Bob,

I just noticed that even if you remove (pull) your post, if someone copied it to their post it remains.

SO, seen as you elected to pull it, I will remove my post that had a copy of your removed post.

Cruzr Joe

Jeriatric
10-16-2013, 08:14 AM
I'll bet you thought that I didn't know how to do that; didn't you? :D

Bob,

SO, seen as you elected to pull it, I will remove my post that had a copy of your removed post.

Cruzr Joe

Same here.

MidLifeCrisis
10-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Bob,

I just noticed that even if you remove (pull) your post, if someone copied it to their post it remains.

Cruzr Joe

Civility! :gaah:
:roflblack::roflblack:

Magdave
10-16-2013, 08:37 AM
... And that leaves me wondering how do you know what problems I've had?
I wonder what your posts would be if you, for example, had a burned out stator that wasn't covered by warranty?

I think if you find my posts on that (and there are numerous other things) you won't find a bitch or a whine. Maybe a little whine ..

Murphybrown is right (she has a track record on being right on point about life experiences that rivals Scotty's on mechanical stuff).
Everyone has problems, it's how you handle them that counts.

I reread many of your posts and funny is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
Based on your comments here I'll assume that what I initially read as bitter and contemptuous you meant as sarcastic humor.

Fair enough.
I have had stators go out. I have bikes die for no reason none of them were brand new $24k machines that my wife & I had high hopes for doing a cross country trip on. She has pretty much said forget that until you can get it reliable. Am I disappointed and upset? Have I gotten angry? You bet but until now I have tried to deal with it with posting my observations and dry wit. I thought this was the place to vent when a brand new Spyder that was supposed to be "new and improved" turns out to not be and in fact seems to be a step in the wrong direction. I have added some good doable solutions and found some from the most knowledgeable people on here. I have read some answers that were just a useless as calling BRP is. I have seen other like me berated the same as I have been so like hotglue & FB I won't be posting anything more till I get my problems fixed or get rid of it and take a major loss that I never imagined would happen after reading many resale prices before I bought it. There has been no year Spyders that have sold at $6-8k off retail on "fire sale" before the next year even arrived on the showroom floor so I am watching my depreciation fly out the window. It is very disheartening. If the 14 is bullet proof and I keep this I will be watching for the next firesale for sure but I doubt it will come. Thanks for your understanding Roger you DO seem to be a witty and interesting guy and I wish you well. I will remain a lurker and the rest may now carry on with your bashing if you wish. :thumbup:

Jeriatric
10-16-2013, 08:57 AM
I see a pattern here.

How many more will throw their hands in the air and leave.

Personally, and personalitys aside.

We need to be more understanding of those who are facing what seem to be insurmountable challenges.

:doorag:

Cruzr Joe
10-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I see a pattern here.

How many more will throw their hands in the air and leave.

Personally, and personalitys aside.

We need to be more understanding of those who are facing what seem to be insurmountable challenges.

:doorag:

I have deleted my original response on this so as not to fan the flames. I will say that i agree with you but that it should work both ways.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
:agree:...And deleting my post was the only proper thing to do... :opps:

Magdave
10-16-2013, 10:24 AM
I certainly wasn't aware I was bashing and I apologized to you in a thread that I started concerning toasters
although it was more out of courtesy than anything else.

But if you considered my comments bashing then I suppose they were to you.
I simply can't control someone elses reaction..

If you desire unbridled commiseration and complete agrreement then why not just ignore me and others that you find troubling.

One last word Roger I do not find you or Bob or mostly anyone troubling and even I can misread other's intentions in their posts. I later in that thread "got it" and joined in the fun so go on and keep having yours. I never desired anything but answers and I reported my issues many as they have been in the hope both BRP and others would be able to see the sometime unique issues with the 2013 changes. Seriously none of this is worth getting heartburn over unless you are going to loose a whole lot of money which us 2013 owners may very well do. Dealers don't want them on trade? Really? THAT is disturbing and gives me heartburn. The bashers know who they are and you definitely are not one of them. Enjoy the ride life is too short to take anything posted here so seriously.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Dave,
Why not stop digging, and just let it drop?
we have...

Magdave
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Dave,
Why not stop digging, and just let it drop?
we have...

But the memories linger I like you Bob you are a really funny guy and wish you the best.:thumbup:

MidLifeCrisis
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
If anyone doesn't want the 2013s on trade, it's likely because of the bashing on this and other forums. Dealers and prospective buyers alike read the forums too and can clearly see the anger surrounding any outstanding issues. Why would any business want to take them in on trade, with so much bad press and get stuck with them?

Everyone here needs to post as if their investment depends on it. Mocking BRP, bashing designs, sounding out as if all hope is lost, only serves to further destroy owners and potential owners confidence and further damage the product. Yes, the 2013s have some heat issues, but some have taken the steps to remedy the situation themselves with great success. Others have opted to wait for a magic fix from BRP which seems an endless wait, while others just bash and complain.

It is this very bashing that has made my wife lose all confidence in anything Spyder and refuses to ride with me. Sad part is, my bike has been running like a dream after having all the 2010 campaigns applied and my own sweat and labor spent on heat insulating those areas that matter. It hasn't made an ounce of difference to my wife and all I have gotten from perspective buyers are the regurgitation of horror stories from this site....mostly from the 2013 issues.

I'm not saying there are no legitimate issues and certainly not implying one shouldn't complain if there is one. However, we all need to be aware of the potential audience. Can't hardly complain about resale values when folks feel so inclined to :barf: over everything, however low or high the actual cases....

Just sayin'....