PDA

View Full Version : The MO GANG GET-TOGETHER AND RIDE

Gunkandpudge
10-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Well I made it home riding the Spyder. Those of you at this get-together know I encountered another electrical problem which threw me into limp mode all the way from HSV Ar to Branson Mo. Friday night several people tried to figure out what was causing the problem. Lamont hooked-up BUDS but what was happening and what BUDS said didn't make a lot of sense. So I missed out on the ride saturday. But late saturday afternoon we thought we had solved the problem believing that a fuse we installed may have been faulty. But within an hour my Spyder was throwing the same ghost codes leaving me in limp mode. After dinner several guys said they wanted one more shot at the Spyder, it had become a challenge! What was discovered is the wiring harness installed by the dealer was not installed completely correct. The guys disconnected the harness and all fault codes disappeared. Pudge and I rode the Spyder all the way home without problems. Spyder compartments were loaded and with the two of us we got 32 mpg. My thanks to: Sam, Arkansas rider, Harvey Clark of Spyderpops, Lamont of Spyderlovers, Len of PitBull, and Eric of the Memphis area. Without their help I was going to be trailered home back to HSV. We have a real community of helpful people. Thanks one and all :bowdown:

SteveMac
10-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Well I made it home riding the Spyder. Those of you at this get-together know I encountered another electrical problem which threw me into limp mode all the way from HSV Ar to Branson Mo. Friday night several people tried to figure out what was causing the problem. Lamont hooked-up BUDS but what was happening and what BUDS said didn't make a lot of sense. So I missed out on the ride saturday. But late saturday afternoon we thought we had solved the problem believing that a fuse we installed may have been faulty. But within an hour my Spyder was throwing the same ghost codes leaving me in limp mode. After dinner several guys said they wanted one more shot at the Spyder, it had become a challenge! What was discovered is the wiring harness installed by the dealer was not installed completely correct. The guys disconnected the harness and all fault codes disappeared. Pudge and I rode the Spyder all the way home without problems. Spyder compartments were loaded and with the two of us we got 32 mpg. My thanks to: Sam, Arkansas rider, Harvey Clark of Spyderpops, Lamont of Spyderlovers, Len of PitBull, and Eric of the Memphis area. Without their help I was going to be trailered home back to HSV. We have a real community of helpful people. Thanks one and all :bowdown:

You were among the absolute best company you could be in with any Spyder related issue!

samewok
10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I wish I could have done more. I saw you pass us in Clinton at the McDonalds. Glad you got home.

YIRYDE
10-13-2013, 06:06 PM
You were among the absolute best company you could be in with any Spyder related issue!

:agree:

OldCowboy
10-13-2013, 11:21 PM

:agree: Absolutely!! :2thumbs::clap::firstplace: If that trio couldn't figure out what was wrong, it would have required BRP engineers. It sucks, however, that the dealer, as Len noted, "Used the easy way rather than the right way."

Lamonster
10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
I felt really bad for you guys and it was bugging me. I know unplugging the trailer harness was a start and Eric finding the bare wires confirmed what I thought but I never thought to look at the harness wires because if the harness is installed correctly those wires never could have rubbed. :banghead:

I hope this is the end to your Spyder problems and it did make me sleep better knowing we got you fixed in the parking lot and you didn't have to trailer back. Take care Bro :doorag:

spyder3
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM

That is a fact.nojoke

Cruzr Joe
10-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I am glad these guys got you fixed back up, and glad we did not have to find you on the road home looking for the Trailer to tow you home. This was another of those "great" wekends

Cruzr Joe