PDA

View Full Version : HOPE IT WORKS!!

RBS66
10-13-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm having the alignment and a Ron bar installed next Friday at Blackmans in Emmaus PA. Hope it corrects my handling. The dealer said that they have only done around six alignments. Hope they are trained on the system by Rolo. He also said they have never installed an after market sway bar. Only going to them because they are the closest to me with the Rolo system.
Hope all turns out well!!!

RBS66
10-13-2013, 03:00 PM
WOW no responses

Cruzr Joe
10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
I had the upgraded bar installed and had the Laser Alignment done

Real happy with both

cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OldCowboy
10-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm having the alignment and a Ron bar installed next Friday at Blackmans in Emmaus PA. Hope it corrects my handling. The dealer said that they have only done around six alignments. Hope they are trained on the system by Rolo. He also said they have never installed an after market sway bar. Only going to them because they are the closest to me with the Rolo system.

If the BajaRon bar and the ROLO alignment don't solve your problem, then I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a handling problem. :yikes:

mob133
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
installed the bar myself at home ,this alone will make a tremendous difference. as far as blackmans ,their mech. are all top notch wouldn't have aproblem with them doing anything to my spyder or sled. I you want to go one step further with the handling go with the elka shocks. did them and the bar handles more like an st now than an rt

Highwayman2013
10-13-2013, 04:41 PM
I put the swaybar on myself and had an alignment done at Spyderquest. It is worth the money.:bowdown:ROLO,:bowdown:Bajaron

Bob Denman
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_15.gif Good Luck; let us know how much of a change you notice! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_15.gif

RBS66
10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
installed the bar myself at home ,this alone will make a tremendous difference. as far as blackmans ,their mech. are all top notch wouldn't have aproblem with them doing anything to my spyder or sled. I you want to go one step further with the handling go with the elka shocks. did them and the bar handles more like an st now than an rt

Awesome good to know, Because I don't know anything about the dealership. Right now I have Side to side sway and the bike also feels like it's hunting. If What I'm doing doesn't work I will go with the Elka's.

samewok
10-13-2013, 05:46 PM
The bar will make a real diffence. I do not know about the alignment .

Chupaca
10-14-2013, 12:11 AM
sounds like you are not going to need much luck...but good luck anyway..!!:roflblack:

DriftersWay
10-14-2013, 05:13 AM
I put on the bar and had laser done and it made a big difference. I'm also running 17.5 psi in front tires that stopped the wandering. Hope it all works out for you. Butch

2 Cruysyn
10-14-2013, 06:05 AM
Don't know what Lamont's total count for this past weekend was, a great riding weekend with the MOGANG by the way, but at the host hotel in Branson there was not one Spyder that Lamont and Harvey set the laser alignment to that did not need it.

I had no reason the suspect the alignment on my 2011 was out but it was. Not as far as some but after Lamont set mine I observed a significant improvement whether riding flat and straight or rather spirited as it was through the twisties on the back roads of the Ozarks.

Ron's bar, piece of cake to install, and Elkas 1+ were already in place. Laser alignment put the icing on the cake!

AZLife
10-15-2013, 12:14 AM

I had my BajaRon anti-sway bar installed this past Saturday at my dealer location. Beware. Turns out that they never did an after market sway bar installation either. Took them over 4 hours and they wound up installing it all wrong. I need to take it back to another dealer in the morning to fix the installation. I know for a fact they screwed up the installation because I sent Ron (BajaRon) "after" photos and he confirmed the jacked up install. I am inserting a picture. This is a relatively simple install for even an average mechanic. 1-1.5 hours at the most. TIP: Insist to them when you check-in that the frunk does NOT have to be removed. I repeat, does NOT have to be removed in order to install the new bar. Unfortunately, I not only told my dealer this, but I also provided him with an email from Ron stating this fact. They ignored both tips and removed my frunk. Now, my frunk light doesn't work either.

I have the utmost confidence in the BajaRon anti-sway bar, but I will hold off any performance feedback until I have a clean install, both from the other dealer plus Ron himself.

Oh, by the way, Ron's customer service has been so awesome throughout this experience. I give him a 10+ and only wish I could buy every modification/part I want for my Spyder through him.

Good luck on your sway bar installation. Make sure your dealer doesn't try and get more than an hour and a half of labor out of you. According to my new future BRP Dealer (I hope), BRP's recommended warranty reimbursement to the dealer for this install is 1 hour.

Photo: Also notice how the Heim Joint arm is not perpendicular.

RBS66
10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I had my BajaRon anti-sway bar installed this past Saturday at my dealer location. Beware. Turns out that they never did an after market sway bar installation either. Took them over 4 hours and they wound up installing it all wrong. I need to take it back to another dealer in the morning to fix the installation. I know for a fact they screwed up the installation because I sent Ron (BajaRon) "after" photos and he confirmed the jacked up install. I am inserting a picture. This is a relatively simple install for even an average mechanic. 1-1.5 hours at the most. TIP: Insist to them when you check-in that the frunk does NOT have to be removed. I repeat, does NOT have to be removed in order to install the new bar. Unfortunately, I not only told my dealer this, but I also provided him with an email from Ron stating this fact. They ignored both tips and removed my frunk. Now, my frunk light doesn't work either.

I have the utmost confidence in the BajaRon anti-sway bar, but I will hold off any performance feedback until I have a clean install, both from the other dealer plus Ron himself.

Oh, by the way, Ron's customer service has been so awesome throughout this experience. I give him a 10+ and only wish I could buy every modification/part I want for my Spyder through him.

Good luck on your sway bar installation. Make sure your dealer doesn't try and get more than an hour and a half of labor out of you. According to my new future BRP Dealer (I hope), BRP's recommended warranty reimbursement to the dealer for this install is 1 hour.

Photo: Also notice how the Heim Joint arm is not perpendicular.

WOW, I repeat WOW

DARRELL8755
10-15-2013, 02:12 PM
WOW, I repeat WOW

Hey rbs66. I cant wait to see how you make out. I was at blackmans getting my 600 mile service a few weeks ago. I mentioned the baja rons bar also. I was told they never install one. Once we see how it works out i will take mine there to get one put on.

Highwayman2013
10-15-2013, 02:30 PM
The sway bars are really easy to install yourself. Ron gives you great instructions which makes it a snap.