PDA

View Full Version : CB Radio

TmanOK
10-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I have another question for all you wonderful Spyder riders.

When I was talking with a salesman, I asked about the CB. He stated that was an option.

He said I would not want to waste money at. He said everyone uses cell phones now.

Is this true?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

frankj64155
10-13-2013, 09:11 AM
We use CBs to communicate to our group while riding. Not something you can do via cell phone.

YIRYDE
10-13-2013, 09:19 AM
I think your salesman meant Bluetooth instead of cell phone and yes the CB is an option. You can also sync your cell phone and GPS if they support Bluetooth. The Sena and Scala brands are the popular Bluetooth brands a lot of riders are using.

I have the CB communications package and it works great for communicating with my passenger. I noticed that when I ride with other Spyder riders a few have CB’s but most are using Bluetooth to communicate with their passenger and other riders. The only time I use my CB is when I ride with my neighbors, one has a Goldwing and the other has a Harley.

If I had to do it again I would get the Bluetooth Headsets over the CB and Communications package.

Vidman
10-13-2013, 07:01 PM
The Can Am dongle is a Sena SM10. This will work with the communications except CB. You can add a portable CB with the Sena SR10. The current Sena SMH10 headsets can handle the SR10 for CB plus the Dongle for everything else.

It would be great for Can AM to work with Bluetooth companies to plug in the Can Am CB so everything is Bluetooth.

Luvs2Ride
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
My husband and I have always used CBs to communicate between bikes... first when we rode two 2-wheelers and now to communicate between my Spyder and my husband's Harley Tri-Glide. Our helmet headsets are the same as when we rode the 2-wheelers and are not bluetooth compatible.

We've always found the CB to work well for bike to bike communication... can't comment on the bluetooth headsets since we've never used that option.

Additional info for what it's worth... bought an RTS-SE5 2012 Spyder adding the communications package and the CB. Had to buy a new lower cord for my helmet with the proper pin configuration to work with the Spyder.

MarkLawson
10-13-2013, 08:30 PM
The BRP CB/Intercom option is very expensive & the radio is very poorly designed/built. You have to also buy and install the Entertainment Harness, which requires the rear trunk/saddlebags sub-assembly to be removed and suspended while you run the wiring harness through it. This makes the installation a major and pretty difficult job for most DIYer.

Here's a link to a post I made a few years back while doing the install:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?18347-CB-Installation-(Graphic-Pictures-WARNING!)