PDA

View Full Version : zumo 660 sound

OnVentures
10-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Hi guys.. I just sold my 2008 gs and bought a 2011 RT limited. It has a zumo 660 and was wondering if the sound should come through the speakers or do I need to run a cable from the output jack to the aux input in the trunk? OnVentures@Yahoo.com

shooter
10-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Answer to your question is YES through the speakers. If you have a Bluetooth headset it will come through on that as well.

Bob Denman
10-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Question: I've got the ScalaRider Teamset Pro Bluetooth intercom system...
Of course the helmets are linked up; Can the Zumo be added in without monkeying up the linking of the helmets? :shocked:

mindman
10-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Question: I've got the ScalaRider Teamset Pro Bluetooth intercom system...
Of course the helmets are linked up; Can the Zumo be added in without monkeying up the linking of the helmets? :shocked:

Yes absolutely! We've had Scala communicators for 5 years and they work very well with both the gps and rider/passenger active. You can also link your cell phone via blue tooth to the gps, and that will give you the ability to use your cell phone through your helmet also. I've never activated that feature though for safety reasons.

Frank G
10-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Bob, the simple answer is yes. and it workes fine. In the Zumo settings, bluetooth, you can turn on the bluetooth audio. at that point it will try to pair with your headset. you need to consult with your instructions to see if there are any codes required. You can even pair your phone to the Zumo and receive and make calls. througn the Zumo. At this point the onboard radio is useless as it has no bluetooth capabilities.

ThreeWheels
10-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi guys.. I just sold my 2008 gs and bought a 2011 RT limited. It has a zumo 660 and was wondering if the sound should come through the speakers or do I need to run a cable from the output jack to the aux input in the trunk? OnVentures@Yahoo.com

The Zumo 660 is a factory installed option on the RT Limited.
YES, the sound of the GPS should come through the speakers. If not, something is wrong.
The other options using bluetooth may be better alternatives, but they are work-around solutions, and do not fix your basic problem.

Bob Denman
10-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys! :thumbup:
No phones for me... I get on my bike to get AWAY from them!! :gaah:

OnVentures
10-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I got the sound to work but can only hear 1 channel through all speakers when playing music from the gps! Is this normal?

jaherbst
11-18-2013, 12:59 AM
I got the sound to work but can only hear 1 channel through all speakers when playing music from the gps! Is this normal?

I have heard the 660 is only mono and the 665 is stereo. anybody out there know for sure?

Jack

Pennyrick
11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
The Zumo 660 is a factory installed option on the RT Limited.
YES, the sound of the GPS should come through the speakers. If not, something is wrong.
The other options using bluetooth may be better alternatives, but they are work-around solutions, and do not fix your basic problem.

Sound will only come through speakers when volume is set at 100 percent.