PDA

View Full Version : Had recall done Wed.

willey
10-12-2013, 11:20 PM
While waiting for the bike,I spent a lot of time talking to Patty,she runs the Columbus dealership for their family.They have three stores and have been Can Am dealers for over 20 years.She said they got their first Spyder in late 2007.While we were talking,the teck came out and showed me the charcoal canester from my bike.It had a very little heat mark where it had melted jus a very little.He said he couldn'n put it back in the bike so he called BRP and they were going to ship one,next day air.Patty asked him to take one out of a demo so I wouldn't have to make another trip back. I asked him about adjusting the valves.He said you will know if your valves need adjusted.He said you might never need to touch them.He said I would rather get a dollar from you when you come in than sticking you with a big bill and than never seeing you again.I like the way this man thinks.I asked him if he had heard of the lasser alinement.He said he has been using a lasser every since they have sold Spyders and that there is no other way to do it.You can't use a tape measure and get them rite.I don't know if he uses the same method as Lamount does.I will ask him more questions the next time I am there.This is only the third time I have had it in for service but I have stopped in to get a few questions answered a few times and I feel he has given me honest answers so I would have to say that they are a good dealer.I guess time will tell.

Magdave
10-12-2013, 11:24 PM
While waiting for the bike,I spent a lot of time talking to Patty,she runs the Columbus dealership for their family.They have three stores and have been Can Am dealers for over 20 years.She said they got their first Spyder in late 2007.While we were talking,the teck came out and showed me the charcoal canester from my bike.It had a very little heat mark where it had melted jus a very little.He said he couldn'n put it back in the bike so he called BRP and they were going to ship one,next day air.Patty asked him to take one out of a demo so I wouldn't have to make another trip back. I asked him about adjusting the valves.He said you will know if your valves need adjusted.He said you might never need to touch them.He said I would rather get a dollar from you when you come in than sticking you with a big bill and than never seeing you again.I like the way this man thinks.I asked him if he had heard of the lasser alinement.He said he has been using a lasser every since they have sold Spyders and that there is no other way to do it.You can't use a tape measure and get them rite.I don't know if he uses the same method as Lamount does.I will ask him more questions the next time I am there.This is only the third time I have had it in for service but I have stopped in to get a few questions answered a few times and I feel he has given me honest answers so I would have to say that they are a good dealer.I guess time will tell.

Sounds like a good dealer and no his laser is nothing like ROLO's they align to the rear wheel dealers align to the frame which may make the bike "crab" because the rear wheel is never taken into account. Like a 2 wheel alignment vs. a 4 wheel alignment.

willey
10-13-2013, 09:56 AM
I thought that might be the case.11,000 miles on our 13RTS,the tires seem to be wearing even and the bike handles ok but I did buy Rons sway bar,just haven't put it on yet.Think I will find some place to have the new alinement done after I put the bar on.

NancysToy
10-13-2013, 11:19 AM
I thought that might be the case.11,000 miles on our 13RTS,the tires seem to be wearing even and the bike handles ok but I did buy Rons sway bar,just haven't put it on yet.Think I will find some place to have the new alinement done after I put the bar on.
Installing the swaybar won't change your alignment.

Magdave
10-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Installing the swaybar won't change your alignment.
:agree: But it will make the ride to get it done better :thumbup: