PDA

View Full Version : Blutooth dongle needed?

kepople
10-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Okay so here is what I want to do:
Wife and I want to listen to the same music. Either driven from my phone in the dash or more conviently from the Ipod connected to the spyder.. Obviously when bluetooth, we wont be using the spyder speakers, however, I would like to control the music from the spyder controls if using the truck ipod.

We already have the Sena SM10 set.
I see that the BRP dongle is a modified SENA sm10 streaming which I can buy for less than 1/2 price of the BRP.

So how do I pull this off?

I do also need to connect to my phone at the same time for phone calls, but thats in the headset pairing.

thanks

lyonsden
10-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Wife and I want to listen to the same music. Either driven from my phone in the dash or more conviently from the Ipod connected to the spyder.. Obviously when bluetooth, we wont be using the spyder speakers, however, I would like to control the music from the spyder controls if using the truck ipod.

I see that the BRP dongle is a modified SENA sm10 streaming which I can buy for less than 1/2 price of the BRP.

I do also need to connect to my phone at the same time for phone calls, but thats in the headset pairing.

thanksYes that is what you need. It allows you to do what you want. It will allow the radio or ipod through both headsets.

cuznjohn
10-11-2013, 01:46 PM
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=CFBR-CART

billybovine
10-11-2013, 01:47 PM

thanks

The BRP BT dongle is the same is the Sena SM10. The big difference is the BRP version comes with a harness that connects to the radio. This harness is not available anywhere else. Sena does sell a cable for BRP but it plugs into the wired headset plugs that come with the entertainment harness on some RT's.
After the SM10 is installed and setting up the pairings, the SMH10 headsets must be paired with the BT dongle first. This is because it can only pair with one stereo music device. Then pair the phone and it will pair as a hands free device and you have the option of pairing another handsfree device as well. Repeat with the second headset. Plug in the ipod and it will charge and you can control it from the handlebar controls.

rabtech
10-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Is this what you need?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

kepople
10-11-2013, 05:55 PM
that might work, but looks like they are out of business...
kirby

rabtech
10-11-2013, 06:00 PM
The maker of the product passed away. Just found out.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammar issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen! now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

retirednick
10-13-2013, 02:27 AM

thanks

Download the latest firmware from Sena for you headsets as it allows streaming audio to both headsets from 1 source. I have not tried using the trunk plug and leaving my Ipod in bluetooth mode. Maybe on my days off.

Motorcycledave
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Just go to www.senabluetooth.com and click on the Tech. button they will answer
all your questions and tell you what you need to do that is the best way to get
the exact information.... it's FREE:thumbup:

finless
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
I have posted how to hook a stock Sena SM10 to your radio and make your own cable rather than pay the almost double price for the BRP SM10 and their proprietary dongle cable that probably costs $5 to make.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54867-Sena-quot-stock-quot-SM10-wiring-to-the-BRP-radio-Make-your-own-Dongle!

The plug in the trunk does not have "outputs". This is input only for iPod or other MP3 players to go TO the radio.

Bob