PDA

View Full Version : I shared a story on Can-Am's Facebook page and was told I should share here also

GMac
10-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Here it is - as I posted it on their Facebook page:

I just wanted to post a testament to how easy it is to learn to ride a Spyder. I bought mine back in March and love it. I'm up in CT, but my parents live in GA.

My mom turned 70 on Saturday. To surprise her, I rode down to visit on my bike. She has never been on a bike before (front or back, two or three wheels). She never really had any desire to ride one, but having seen pictures of mine she was ready to try it out.

We pulled into an empty school parking lot and I gave her a short lesson - after riding around the parking lot a couple of times, she asked if she could drive it home (about ten miles).

She did it as if she had been doing it her entire life and the huge smile she had on her face when we got to her house made the entire 2000 mile trip worthwhile.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find a Spyder in their driveway the next time I visit! Thank you Can-Am for an awesome machine!!!

HedonismBot
10-11-2013, 10:12 AM
That's awesome! I only wish my mother had that kind of zest for life :-)

Bob Denman
10-11-2013, 10:14 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif :2thumbs::2thumbs: :firstplace:

Dan McNally
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Here it is - as I posted it on their Facebook page:

I just wanted to post a testament to how easy it is to learn to ride a Spyder. I bought mine back in March and love it. I'm up in CT, but my parents live in GA.

My mom turned 70 on Saturday. To surprise her, I rode down to visit on my bike. She has never been on a bike before (front or back, two or three wheels). She never really had any desire to ride one, but having seen pictures of mine she was ready to try it out.

We pulled into an empty school parking lot and I gave her a short lesson - after riding around the parking lot a couple of times, she asked if she could drive it home (about ten miles).

She did it as if she had been doing it her entire life and the huge smile she had on her face when we got to her house made the entire 2000 mile trip worthwhile.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find a Spyder in their driveway the next time I visit! Thank you Can-Am for an awesome machine!!!

:bowdown::firstplace::clap:

BajaRon
10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Similar thing happened to me at the opposite end of the spectrum.

I met my 22 year old son and his girlfriend at an abandoned Wal-Mart parking lot to try out my Spyder. Neither had ever ridden a motorcycle, my son has had a very limited experience with a 4x4 ATV and his girlfriend has had no experience at all.

After a bit of instruction (Safety first you know) both were able to ride with no problems at all, and they loved it! Pretty amazing machine!

Chupaca
10-11-2013, 11:51 AM
was an amazing trip for you. Let us know how the next one goes. You know, where you and Mom go to the Dragon...!! :roflblack:

GMac
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
was an amazing trip for you. Let us know how the next one goes. You know, where you and Mom go to the Dragon...!! :roflblack:

If I hadn't had to get back as soon as I did, she was already planning where she could ride next. She is also looking into getting her motorcycle permit so that when she comes up to visit in May she'll be legal. She's also already telling me about how great of a ride it would be in the Gatlinburg area in the Smoky Mountains (she's not too far from there)!

OJ UK
10-11-2013, 12:08 PM
What a wonderful picture of a very happy lady....worth a thousand words! :thumbup:

spydaman60
10-11-2013, 12:38 PM
she looks pretty sweet on that machine. :thumbup: maybe you ought to give her your spyder and start thinking about the 2014 and how you can farkle it out!:roflblack::roflblack:

muonwhiz
10-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Same story here, except that I taught my brother how to ride mine. He had never been on a 2 wheel machine before (even refused to ride mine when I had them). So he didn't have anything to unlearn when learning to ride the spyder. He took the safety class on my machine and got his MC endorsement- and then went out and bought a 2013 yellow RT!

Now his son (my nephew) came down for a visit and I taught him to ride my spyder too. He's trying to get his schedule arranged so he can take the safety class (already told him he could use my bike for that). I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a spyder too! So congrats for your mom, hope she will get her own spyder & that the two of you can enjoy many rides together!