PDA

View Full Version : Tilting Trailer

dadof4
10-09-2013, 12:05 PM
My tilting trailer.

Bob Denman
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
:2thumbs: Just make sure that those blocks don't move during the loading or unloading procedures... :yikes:

3 Wheel Addict
10-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice trailer! Is that a homebuilt or purchased trailer? Since I have a 13 Spyder it's clear that i'm going to need a trailer!

TexAmRider
10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Nice trailer! Is that a homebuilt or purchased trailer? Since I have a 13 Spyder it's clear that i'm going to need a trailer!

Know what you mean. Bought a trailer, when I bought the Spyder. Dealer 300 miles. Had it back 3 times since May. No major problems though, 600 mile check, the typical service bulletin (heim joints), and the recall. 4th trip coming with the 4600 mile checkup. I'm thinking about something alon those lines, but think I'll mount some jacks.

safecracker
10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Simple, I like it...

dadof4
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM

I bought it from a local dealer here in Ontario NY. It's made by a company called Quality Steel and Aluminum products. http://www.geterdumped.com . The dealer made the front "shield" for me. The trailer is 80" x about 120" inside measurement so it's a good fit for the Spyder. I pull it with a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country.

3whlLefty
10-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I have a similar trailer. I screwed together 2 short 2 x 6 pieces (2 of these) and run the rear wheels of my Blazer up on them. This tilts the trailer. I also try to position the trailer wheels in a low spot. I set the parking brake on the Blazer and know that nothing will move while driving onto the trailer. If needed I put a short 2" piece under the end of the ramp, one for each Spyder wheel. Works great so far.

dadof4
10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
:2thumbs: Just make sure that those blocks don't move during the loading or unloading procedures... :yikes:

it actually works without the blocks but results in a teeter totter ride!

rabtech
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I like. I wish I had one a bit smaller than mine. That is aluminum and much less heavy than my tilt. I borrow a friends trailer that is like yours all the time. I even told him i would buy the first set of tires.

It does make a bit of noise when it tilts and drags the ground. This is my rig at my favorite place.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/10/qezypy9e.jpg

Here it is tilted

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/10/8avypeve.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammar issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

dadof4
10-09-2013, 05:50 PM
But you can carry two Spyders.

rabtech
10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
But you can carry two Spyders.

Most of the time I only need to carry one.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammar issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Bob Denman
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=rabtech;703385]

This is my rig at my favorite place.

QUOTE]
Outstanding!! :2thumbs: I never met a Waffle House that I didn't like... :D

OldCowboy
10-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Outstanding!! :2thumbs: I never met a Waffle House that I didn't like... :D

Hey, doesn't Waffle House have the best road steaks in America??

jcthorne
10-10-2013, 08:07 AM
I like. I wish I had one a bit smaller than mine. That is aluminum and much less heavy than my tilt. I borrow a friends trailer that is like yours all the time. I even told him i would buy the first set of tires.

It does make a bit of noise when it tilts and drags the ground. This is my rig at my favorite place.

Here it is tilted

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/10/8avypeve.jpg

I recognize that trailer. Its a Sloan Kwikload rollback. I have the aluminum deck version with winch and rub rail tie downs. They are great trailers. The aluminum version is about 1300lbs. I can carry my GT or the Spyder and 2 Harley's or 2 Spyders. The only trailer I have ever used that loading and strapping down a car is truly a one person affair.

rabtech
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I recognize that trailer. Its a Sloan Kwikload rollback. I have the aluminum deck version with winch and rub rail tie downs. They are great trailers. The aluminum version is about 1300lbs. I can carry my GT or the Spyder and 2 Harley's or 2 Spyders. The only trailer I have ever used that loading and strapping down a car is truly a one person affair.

You bet its a Sloan. Mine is steel and heavy. Also has a solid coating of Linex bedliner on top and bottom. That added a few pounds to it. You are correct about it being easy to load.

jcthorne
10-10-2013, 11:18 AM
You bet its a Sloan. Mine is steel and heavy. Also has a solid coating of Linex bedliner on top and bottom. That added a few pounds to it. You are correct about it being easy to load.If you want to get rid of the scraping noise when tilting the bed, add 1/2" x 2" nylon rub strips along the under side of the rear lip. Becomes quiet as a mouse, to the point of being difficult to tell when you are 'there'. Also makes raising the bed easier too with less likely to scoot the tires.

lwrydr
12-22-2014, 08:44 PM
I just bought a 10 x 6 trailer and am going to have extension welded onto the gate so the:spyder2: does not drag....will post pics when it done....next year....I may have to use it going to Spyderfest if the weather is really bad cause I have to go over or around the Rocky Mtns....

Big F
12-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Know what you mean. Bought a trailer, when I bought the Spyder. Dealer 300 miles. Had it back 3 times since May. No major problems though, 600 mile check, the typical service bulletin (heim joints), and the recall. 4th trip coming with the 4600 mile checkup. I'm thinking about something alon those lines, but think I'll mount some jacks.

Northern Tool sells a nice 5 1/2' wide X 10' long trailer for either side of $1,000.00 that works great for my 2014RT Limited. Just drop the tailgate and drive right on. Make sure the tongue is attached to your vehicle. I bought some real cheap chocks at WalMart and bolted them to floor where you want the front wheels to be. then just ratchet down with some good straps. I've toted mine to Spydefest and Sturgis this year and NO PROBLEMS.
THE BIG F

jcgirouard
12-23-2014, 02:08 PM
100274I have a trailer 66X 122, and i tilt de Spyder with a small winch 12 v...