PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding about a 2014

PrairieSpyder
10-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I foolishly called Len at Pit Bull to see what the deal would be on a new 2014 RTS SE6. I'd be trading in my 2011 RTS. He could transfer my Ultimate seat and hitch and provide the wiring harness for the towing. Of course it would mean more debt to trade, but the payments would be pretty manageable. I'd be torn between the yellow and the cognac.

I like all that I'm hearing about the 2014, especially the new engine and gear ratios. That's the main reason I'd consider trading. I could wait until the 2015s come out and maybe get a deal on a left-over '14 or buy a '15. But my 2011 would be worth less then. I'm also a bit concerned about the possible glut of pre-2014s that are going to be on the market next year.

I need help deciding what to do. And if I do a deal, which color should I get?

HELP! :dontknow:

ARtraveler
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Those are questions that only you can decide what is best or right for you. If you get the right deal and find the color that you just must have--then go for it with no regrets.

RE: Color--everyone seems to be going for the Cognac--which IMO is a beautiful color. There are going to be so many of them, that you might want to consider some other color if you want to stand out from the pack. Other than that, the 2014 RT sounds like a fine machine.

cjackg
10-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Lots of folks used to say "never buy an all new model the first year" and I still believe that is sound advice. The 2014 Rt has so many great new features it is easy to get excited but a year from now there wii be another new model and maybe all the startup glitches & pains will be history. Think I'll wait and watch as things develop, and enjoy the Ryde on my 2012...:thumbup:

Sarge707
10-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I would Avoid the temptation and wait till Oct-Nov 2014 when you would get a Great Deal and Know what ALL the reviews were through the Spring and Summer Months as far as the Issues that crop up??? :dontknow: Thats what I am going to do!!!:popcorn:

Bob Denman
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Patti,
Whatever you decide to do, (and it HAS to be your call... :shocked:): :2thumbs:
we're with you!!! nojoke
Happy hunting! :thumbup:

OldCowboy
10-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I need help deciding what to do. And if I do a deal, which color should I get?

HELP! :dontknow:

To me the answer lies in whether you have an extended warranty. If you have an extended warranty that will carry you through to Mar-Apr 2015, then my recommendation would be to wait till the 2015s come out. If the 2014s are really good, get one on an end of year sale. If the 2014s have a poor track record, go for the 2015.

OTOH, if you don't have an extended warranty, trade now. Harley-Davidson came out with a larger engine and 6-speed transmission in 2007 and it had outstanding reliability. I should know, I recently sold mine with 27,000 miles on it with no issues whatsoever.

Now as to the color. Cognac is going to be produced first and white last. The other colors fall somewhere in between. So, if you want one NOW, go for the cognac. If you can wait until next spring, go for the white. The great thing about white is that it makes a perfect background for whatever farkles you want to add. It will take any color wrap and any color accessory you want to put on it.

Chupaca
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM
and they're all your's...you just read through all the thoughts running through your mind. If you make a pro/con list you will probably find the cons will win...but it's all up to you..!! good luck...:thumbup:

GloryRyders
10-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Decisions :dontknow: decisions :dontknow:............but you are the only one who can make them!:lecturef_smilie: Good Luck :2thumbs:

MouthPiece
10-09-2013, 07:29 AM
As for the color? Think Yeller. People who blow through redlights can see you better.

Chris

MidLifeCrisis
10-09-2013, 09:08 AM
One thing to also keep in mind. While your 2011 will be worth less next year, so will the 2014 you paid a mint for. The difference between a 2014 purchased on the date of release compared to a year end clearance will likely more than make up for the depreciation on the year older 2011. Just my 2C.

PrairieSpyder
10-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know if the bump-skid from my 2011 will fit on the 2014?

I've been told my Ultimate seat can be transferred, but not the anti-sway bar.

Bob Denman
10-09-2013, 09:20 AM
I think that a new Bumpskid is being designed...
I'd have to guess; that means "no"... :shocked:

PrairieSpyder
10-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Bob, will you name your 2014 "Courvoisier?" How about graphics, like you have on the blue RT?

Bob Denman
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm leaning toward, "Big-T"...
Per my agreement with the Missus; no unauthorized farkling on this one... :shocked:
I get the impression from her, that vinyl graphics are not going to be authorized at this time... :gaah:
I can't spell "Courvoisier" correctly; even on a bet! :opps:

Ivorspyder
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Lots of folks used to say "never buy an all new model the first year" and I still believe that is sound advice. The 2014 Rt has so many great new features it is easy to get excited but a year from now there wii be another new model and maybe all the startup glitches & pains will be history. Think I'll wait and watch as things develop, and enjoy the Ryde on my 2012...:thumbup:
:thumbup::agree:
Ivor:spyder:

PrairieSpyder
10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
. . .
I can't spell "Courvoisier" correctly; even on a bet! :opps:

Well, I just looked it up before I posted it here, so there you go!

If I buy one in that color I may just name it "Wino."

PrairieSpyder
10-09-2013, 10:31 AM

This is my yellow car. I like the yellow RTS but I'm afraid it wouldn't look right parked with my PT.

Bob Denman
10-09-2013, 12:32 PM
If I buy one in that color I may just name it "Wino."
:thumbup:
:cheers:

muonwhiz
10-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Lots of folks used to say "never buy an all new model the first year" and I still believe that is sound advice. The 2014 Rt has so many great new features it is easy to get excited but a year from now there will be another new model and maybe all the startup glitches & pains will be history. Think I'll wait and watch as things develop, and enjoy the Ryde on my 2012...:thumbup:

I also am planning on enjoying my 2012 for awhile longer. I think all you have to do is look at the number of threads on this site dealing with problems that are being faced by those that bought 2013 RT to know what is possible for a first production year machine. Your 2011 will be worth less with a wait, but you will be much better informed and as the time passes the later models should have more of the kinks worked out. Good luck! I have to avoid those new model show rooms too!