PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT's

recordingguy
10-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Some one that has seen the new 2014 model rt's, my question is the back fender still the same? Bob

bullant12
10-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Some one that has seen the new 2014 model rt's, my question is the back fender still the same? Bob

The only outer body change on the '14s that have seem to change is the front due to the re-positioning of the radiators. Other than that, it seems to be the same.

Bob Denman
10-08-2013, 09:00 AM
:agree: It's the same... :thumbup:

Huddleston
10-08-2013, 11:51 AM
:agree: It's the same... :thumbup:
Bob, since you have a new one ordered, perhaps you will know the answer to this question. I have a 13 RTS SE5. I have never liked the fact that the oil lubricates both the engine and the transmission. As a result, I cannot use any kind of metal conditioner that would help the engine, because it would cause the clutch to slip and fail. Does the 14 also use this same system, or is it possible that the transmission is now separate? I have a great metal conditioner that I use in my car, which increases fuel mileage and reduces heat dramatically. I doubt I will trade for a 14, but this change might make me rethink it.

Bob Denman
10-08-2013, 12:07 PM
That is a VERY good question! :2thumbs:
But I don't have an easy answer for you... :opps:
The 2014 parts catalogue is available online; if you can read it??? :dontknow:

spyder3
10-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Bob, since you have a new one ordered, perhaps you will know the answer to this question. I have a 13 RTS SE5. I have never liked the fact that the oil lubricates both the engine and the transmission. As a result, I cannot use any kind of metal conditioner that would help the engine, because it would cause the clutch to slip and fail. Does the 14 also use this same system, or is it possible that the transmission is now separate? I have a great metal conditioner that I use in my car, which increases fuel mileage and reduces heat dramatically. I doubt I will trade for a 14, but this change might make me rethink it.

If i recall, Len from pit bull(then cowtown) used to put a metal conditioner in all the new spyders....I'll try to look it up.:doorag: