PDA

View Full Version : My report on the Bajaron sway bar...

3 Wheel Addict
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
2013 RTS, best goodie I have purchased so far! It handles like a different bike and it's amazing that something that simple could make such a huge difference. Bottom line is you won't regret this purchase! I can hardly wait to see what better shocks do for it??

Phillig
10-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I couldn't agree more. I put one on my 2012 RT-Ltd and it made a world of difference. Prior to the bar, I had upgraded to the Elkas (which are great) but I could really tell the difference with the bar. Ron did us all a big favor by getting this out to us.

jonnysevel
10-07-2013, 07:27 PM
How hard was the install..? Mine came a week or so ago and I am still trying to figure out how to get the bike 24" off the ground

MMcc
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
You really do not need to lift the spyder up 24 inches to remove and install the new bar. I used a floor jack and raised the wheels up about 6 inches and put jack stands under them. There was plenty of room under the main frame for me to work. The link bolts are easy to get to. Then unbolt the lower frunk bolts and pry it up slightly to get to the others that hold the bar. Work slow and carefully and make sure the bar is centered side to side. Then tighten everything up and go for a ride. You sure will notice a difference in handling.

NancysToy
10-07-2013, 08:17 PM
You really do not need to lift the spyder up 24 inches to remove and install the new bar. I used a floor jack and raised the wheels up about 6 inches and put jack stands under them. There was plenty of room under the main frame for me to work. The link bolts are easy to get to. Then unbolt the lower frunk bolts and pry it up slightly to get to the others that hold the bar. Work slow and carefully and make sure the bar is centered side to side. Then tighten everything up and go for a ride. You sure will notice a difference in handling.
The 2013 RT is different, and must be raised higher. The trunk is not loosened on that one, the bar has to be maneuvered out and back in.

3 Wheel Addict
10-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Right the 13 model will have to be higher. I started with a floor jack and a pair of jack stands lifting one side up about 10 inches then the other and going back and forth lifting it higher and higher. Come back down the same way, not too far or too fast or the bike could shift and fall. Once it was up and the jack stands had it, it was super stable. The instructions were real good but I did have an issue with mine. I could not get the bar in the way the instruction state, I had to go the other way but it did go and it will take some fiddling around to get it in. The factory bar will fall out if your high enough but the Ron bar is bigger around so it's a bit tight. Take your time it will go.

Bob Denman
10-08-2013, 06:58 AM
:2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

BajaRon
10-08-2013, 07:56 AM
How hard was the install..? Mine came a week or so ago and I am still trying to figure out how to get the bike 24" off the ground

You don't need to lift the Spyder 24". The instructions call for 20" ~ 22" of clearance from the frame to the floor. You already have 4"~5" of clearance with the tires sitting on the ground.

If you raise just the front of the Spyder you'll need 16"~18" of lift. Still a considerable amount but much more do-able than 24".

This applies only to the 2013/2014 Spyders. Earlier Spyders have a completely different sway bar system and install sequence and need only enough lift for you to get under the frame.

Chupaca
10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
another happy customer. I was really impressed and after ryding and getting used to the new handling I installed the pitbull shock re-location blocks and made a big difference as well. Still running stock shocks and nanny is very upset...!! :thumbup: